Unread 10-03-2017, 05:01 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Ferie?
For inflicting Moyes on us??

Unread 11-03-2017, 11:28 AM
guerreiro

Reckon that Porto side was the most cynically snide team I've ever seen. Funny when they weren't playing us.

Unread 11-03-2017, 12:48 PM
gav81

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
You're a bit of a #@&%! aren't you Gav.
Maybe but at least I've held on to my standards/values.

Unread 11-03-2017, 01:11 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav81
Maybe but at least I've held on to my standards/values.
Who said you have?

Unread 11-03-2017, 01:26 PM
gav81

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Who said you have?
I wasn't a Mourinhoista back then and I'm not a Mourinhoista now - I can't be more consistent than that.

Unread 11-03-2017, 01:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I wasn't a Mourinhoista back then and I'm not a Mourinhoista now - I can't be more consistent than that.
Wasn't a what ??

Unread 11-03-2017, 01:27 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Your never evolve that way Gavin.

Unread 11-03-2017, 04:49 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Reckon that Porto side was the most cynically snide team I've ever seen. Funny when they weren't playing us.
Those of a certain age may recall Revie's Leeds, mind

Unread 11-03-2017, 04:55 PM
gav81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Wasn't a what ??
Mourinhology D-

Unread 11-03-2017, 04:59 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
At the time their antics were outrageous...but that's pretty much widespread now to the point where even sides like Hull were doing similar antics when we played them.

I still maintain the most cynical snide team i've seen were that Bayern team we played in 2010 with Van bommell in it that got Rafael sent off. £#%&!ing hell they were a bunch of cheating @#%&!s.

Unread 11-03-2017, 05:02 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
At the time their antics were outrageous...but that's pretty much widespread now to the point where even sides like Hull were doing similar antics when we played them.

I still maintain the most cynical snide team i've seen were that Bayern team we played in 2010 with Van bommell in it that got Rafael sent off. £#%&!ing hell they were a bunch of cheating @#%&!s.
Didn't they target Rooney (or was it G Nev?) after he'd just come back from injury?

Unread 11-03-2017, 05:03 PM
red in cumbria

And lets not forget who managed THEM.......

Wouldn't have taken kindly to the idea of even the good version of LvG taking over the day after that, I can tell you.

Unread 11-03-2017, 05:07 PM
Denis Irwell

Don't recall any divers at Leeds but Christ, they were pretty vile

Unread 11-03-2017, 07:08 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
And lets not forget who managed THEM.......

Wouldn't have taken kindly to the idea of even the good version of LvG taking over the day after that, I can tell you.
Don't make me slap you, Riccers.

Fwiw, the Big Man pretty much hated Ribery and Van Bommel. Made the latter cry one day apparently before terminating his contract

But tbh this whole issue, though noble, is always riddled with hypocrisy. Don't remember much mass seething when Zlatan dived his way to a hat-trick against Saint Etienne a few weeks ago. Problem with the sanctimonious indignation of English football is its inconsistency.

Unread 11-03-2017, 07:33 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Don't make me slap you, Riccers.

Fwiw, the Big Man pretty much hated Ribery and Van Bommel. Made the latter cry one day apparently before terminating his contract

But tbh this whole issue, though noble, is always riddled with hypocrisy. Don't remember much mass seething when Zlatan dived his way to a hat-trick against Saint Etienne a few weeks ago. Problem with the sanctimonious indignation of English football is its inconsistency.
he didn't though did he. i was right in line with that and actually heard the contact as well as saw it. it wasn't much but it was still a trip.

but that misses the point anyway - which is that the odd bit of gamesmanship is rife in the game now. but organised cheating with tacit approval of a supine ref and compliant media is still the realm of the proper snide teams

Unread 11-03-2017, 08:23 PM
Venceremos

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Too right, every single United fan hated him then - and he loved it
Might be wrong but I remember the talk for quite a while was that he was replacing Houllier and it was only in mid-late May Chelsea swooped in having previously been planning to get an older and more well known manager like Sven or Capello.

Unread 11-03-2017, 08:29 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
he didn't though did he. i was right in line with that and actually heard the contact as well as saw it. it wasn't much but it was still a trip.

but that misses the point anyway - which is that the odd bit of gamesmanship is rife in the game now. but organised cheating with tacit approval of a supine ref and compliant media is still the realm of the proper snide teams
Heard the contact...

Ok

Ark at £#%&!ing universal studios sound guy here...turn it in you absolute div.

Unread 11-03-2017, 08:33 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venceremos
Might be wrong but I remember the talk for quite a while was that he was replacing Houllier and it was only in mid-late May Chelsea swooped in having previously been planning to get an older and more well known manager like Sven or Capello.
Now that's a bullet dodged

(though I think that Spurs were also linked with JM; if anybody could have - maybe - stopped them being Spurs......)

Unread 11-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Heard the contact...

Ok

Ark at £#%&!ing universal studios sound guy here...turn it in you absolute div.

Unread 11-03-2017, 08:58 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Didn't they target Rooney (or was it G Nev?) after he'd just come back from injury?
Rooneh. Yer man Van Butyen sniped him like a snipery sniping sniper. @#%&!.

I remember they were talking about Mourinho replacing Bobby Robson at Newcastle at one point, their being old mates and that.
Closed Thread