United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-06-2016, 07:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
City are going to spend an obscene amount of money this summer overhauling that squad. United better have done their homework and be smart with their targets because it's going to be hard work getting top players in.
Dunno about that tbh. Not much out there to spend it on. Not enough quality to go around for all the big clubs..

Unread 01-06-2016, 07:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Dunno about that tbh. Not much out there to spend it on. Not enough quality to go around for all the big clubs..
There is if you're smart about it. Hopefully Mourinho knows something because Woodward is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Unread 01-06-2016, 07:20 PM
Alan

Hope he turns up for city training looking like this again tbh:

Unread 01-06-2016, 07:20 PM
Coracao

How many they gonna lose this summer?

Hummels, Gundogan, Aubergine (whatever the £#%&! his name is)

Unread 01-06-2016, 07:25 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
So it looks like Pep's first two signings will be a midfielder with a dislocated knee cap and a CB with a broken leg

Huge risk. But he's clearly most concerned with getting players he thinks are dead certs stylistically.

For me they need five or six good signings.

Unread 01-06-2016, 07:26 PM
Ethers

Was shite for us when we signed him tbh

Unread 01-06-2016, 07:27 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Was shite for us when we signed him tbh
Yep, pretty anonymous it has to be said.

Unread 01-06-2016, 07:37 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Yep, pretty anonymous it has to be said.
Remember everyone raving about him when the deal was confirmed but did about as much as Mikel for us tbf

Unread 01-06-2016, 08:01 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Might be wishful thinking, but I thought I saw some evidence of this with Aguero the second half of last season, once it was clear they weren't winning the league. He didn't even look that fussed in the Champions League semi-final.
Indeed. Also clearly had no confidence in his teammates. Tried to do everything himself as a result

Unread 01-06-2016, 08:49 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
I seem to recall a dislocated kneecap being a pretty serious affliction. Didn't it do for Syd Lawrence's bowling career at one point? Can't imagine he'll be back imminently.
I imagine he's given up hope by now. He's not bowled since 1993

Unread 01-06-2016, 08:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
I imagine he's given up hope by now. He's not bowled since 1993
Was wondering if someone would knock that in

Unread 01-06-2016, 11:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
I seem to recall a dislocated kneecap being a pretty serious affliction. Didn't it do for Syd Lawrence's bowling career at one point? Can't imagine he'll be back imminently.

Would prefer they didn't get Laporte, broken leg or not.
Remember that

I think he actually got to play a few more games for Gloucs, which was pretty amazing tbh.

Unread 02-06-2016, 09:52 AM
puressence

Was a top player but spends half a season watching apparently 5 months before he can play again ... And he's prone to putting on timber so be Xmas id imagine before he does out. By that time we will be a dozen clear

Unread 02-06-2016, 10:13 AM
Marlon Van Baron

According to SSN Gundogan is still 5 months from fitness. Crazy signing based that alone plus a huge risk based on his injury record over the last 2-3 seasons. Wasn't he out for 18 months before with a £#%&!ed back?

Jose's got this, he knows who he wants and Ed will have no choice but to deliver. Jose will have Ed's balls on a plate otherwise. The days of £#%&!wits such as Moyes and LvG kissing Ed's hairy ass are gone. Jose won't stand for any bullshit from Ed.

Unread 02-06-2016, 10:24 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Hope he turns up for city training looking like this again tbh:

£#%&! me,he's the spit of Anna's neighbour in Maniac.

He ended up having a meat cleaver embedded in his mouth.

Hope this #@&%! ends up the same way in a cooking mishap, the fat tache bastard.

Unread 02-06-2016, 10:25 AM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
According to SSN Gundogan is still 5 months from fitness.
Sky sports sources have forgotten about peps super cabinet of miracle medicines

Unread 02-06-2016, 10:26 AM
dunk

I thought that it was serious injury. Madness signing a player out for that long, £#%&! knows what he'll be like on his return.

We didn't even sign RvN until we were certain he was fit.

Unread 02-06-2016, 10:33 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
I thought that it was serious injury. Madness signing a player out for that long, £#%&! knows what he'll be like on his return.

We didn't even sign RvN until we were certain he was fit.
It's a gamble but when you've got a bottomless pit of cash you can afford to take £30m gambles.

See Wilfried Bony.

Unread 02-06-2016, 10:39 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's a gamble but when you've got a bottomless pit of cash you can afford to take £30m gambles.

See Wilfried Bony.
Fair point.

Still, a fair chunk out of their FFP 'allowance'..

Unread 02-06-2016, 10:39 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Fair point.

Still, a fair chunk out of their FFP 'allowance'..
Thought that had been binned off?

Doesnt make a difference anyway with the new TV deal
Closed Thread