United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-04-2016, 12:28 PM
TheFatGoth

Default Gundogan to city

Good signing for Pep.

Can really see City challenging Leicester and Spurs next season tbf.

Unread 11-04-2016, 01:26 PM
erictheking7

https://memecrunch.com/meme/2SACD/village-idiot

Unread 11-04-2016, 01:59 PM
Fergie out 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictheking7
WAYSH?

Unread 06-05-2016, 03:40 PM
puressence

like i said elsewhere kompany mk2 dislocated his knee cap

Unread 06-05-2016, 03:45 PM
Tiberian

Their midfield is shit, so a ball playing midfielder was always going to be his first priority.

Probably play him at CB, Student of Van Gaal

Unread 06-05-2016, 03:51 PM
browser

they'll be onto Kroos and Sanches now.

Unread 06-05-2016, 04:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Their midfield is shit, so a ball playing midfielder was always going to be his first priority.

Probably play him at CB, Student of Van Gaal
Tbh Hummels to Bayern makes me think that Javi Martinez will be in City's backline next season.

Unread 06-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Tbh Hummels to Bayern makes me think that Javi Martinez will be in City's backline next season.
If he tries to defend in the PL as he has in Germany he will be asking for trouble. City is a major challenge for him, a competitive league for a start and he is not walking into a perfect scenario with a team ready to go.

Old squad, will have to make changes to play his style of football. Are any of their defenders capable in his system? Can not see Otamendi lasting long under Pep, has struggled this season, undersized for his position in the PL and not great on the ball.

He will have plenty of money to spend and his name will draw top players there, that is the fear.

Unread 06-05-2016, 05:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
If he tries to defend in the PL as he has in Germany he will be asking for trouble. City is a major challenge for him, a competitive league for a start and he is not walking into a perfect scenario with a team ready to go.

Old squad, will have to make changes to play his style of football. Are any of their defenders capable in his system? Can not see Otamendi lasting long under Pep, has struggled this season, undersized for his position in the PL and not great on the ball.

He will have plenty of money to spend and his name will draw top players there, that is the fear.
Yep, can see why United didn't go hard for Otamendi. Inferior to Smalling.

I do think his biggest problem will be getting the right players for him. Arguably LvG's main failure so far.

Unread 06-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yep, can see why United didn't go hard for Otamendi. Inferior to Smalling.

I do think his biggest problem will be getting the right players for him. Arguably LvG's main failure so far.
Clearly I would say, I will never understand the Falcao scenario, not just in buying him but how he structured the rest of the attack, 3 old strikers who had all struggled to form working partnerships. Stripped the squad of any pacy back up and left us utterly reliant on Di Maria settling for any penetration and creativity.

Only really in the last 2-3 months he has been able to find an attack with chemistry and balance for all their inconsistency. Created a lot of his own problems.

Unread 06-05-2016, 07:47 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
like i said elsewhere kompany mk2 dislocated his knee cap
http://i.imgur.com/2wBRgbD.gifv

Unread 06-05-2016, 09:58 PM
Cream

This is the fat lad, yes?

Unread 07-05-2016, 10:53 AM
taff

Quote:

wasn't that always the fear with city though? results have been somewhat indifferent so far. motivation will be the same old problem for them; too many players will be inclined to see a big fat contract and the chance to work with guardiola as a prize in itself.

Unread 07-05-2016, 01:39 PM
Part 36 Offer

meh. he's poo.

Unread 07-05-2016, 01:45 PM
Arnold Muhren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
This is the fat lad, yes?

Jesus!

Unread 07-05-2016, 03:10 PM
Cream

Quote: