United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-09-2015, 06:38 AM
teflon_terry

Football Is Daley Blind becoming our most important player?

His ability to accurately pick out players from long distance has certainly been pivotal to many of our goals of late, and makes us a lot more difficult to defend against. Seems a pretty critical component of our play atm?

Unread 27-09-2015, 06:50 AM
Bunker Buster

Becoming ???

Before his injury last year (which he came back from fit and firing) he was inline for POS.

The boys an absolute methodical beast.

You're 100% right.

We wondered if it work long term with him at the back, doubts on his pace, but he's aggressive, calm and assured on the ball...and as you said his balks from the back are opening up oppositions and he can pop up from set pieces and bag a goal or two..

A footballer that does 95% of things right.

Unread 27-09-2015, 06:55 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Becoming ???

Before his injury last year (which he came back from fit and firing) he was inline for POS.

The boys an absolute methodical beast.

You're 100% right.

We wondered if it work long term with him at the back, doubts on his pace, but he's aggressive, calm and assured on the ball...and as you said his balks from the back are opening up oppositions and he can pop up from set pieces and bag a goal or two..

A footballer that does 95% of things right.
Our own future Matt Hummels maybe?? He lacks pace as well doesn't he?

Unread 27-09-2015, 07:11 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

He's £#%&!ing ace. The amount off stick he gets is unreal. Name me a centre back who reads the game better than our Daley?

Unread 27-09-2015, 07:12 AM
fix up look SHARPE

in times like this it's always good to see who his early advocates were. pat on the back for the usual sage suspects - saffers, crumps, parters and myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
would love us to get daley blind in. someone who can cover a number of positions to a good standard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Sign him up, obscene vision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Left back and cover til Strooters comes. £#%&!ing no brainer innit. Will be the pound for pound signing of the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

di maria is decent but he can £#%&! off the little dweeb. Much rather have reus or draxler.

Anyway, we need 2 centre halves and a centre mid first ffs!

Vidal, hummels and de vrij please Louis...oh and chuck big Daley blind also

Unread 27-09-2015, 07:22 AM
teflon_terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
in times like this it's always good to see who his early advocates were. pat on the back for the usual sage suspects - saffers, crumps, parters and myself.
Oh good, another sage-off.

Unread 27-09-2015, 08:12 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon_terry
Oh good, another sage-off.

How many times has he put balls thru like that now? First I saw was for RVPs header in the WC from his cross/pass and several times already this season.

Unread 27-09-2015, 08:25 AM
gbmufc

Well there is now doubt that he is an excellent reader of the game and when he has time on the ball he has the ability to pick out an excellent pass. But I fear his lack of pace and the ability to track back with forwards will cost us dearly in inportant games, particularly in Europe.

He was exposed badly against Swansea and also against PSV. Arsenal next week with there pace up front will be a big test for him and for the team.

Unread 27-09-2015, 08:47 AM
Stickman

I'll hold my hands up and admit I was wrong. Thought blind was highly average but that's doing him a huge disservice.

Stickman was a plonker on this one and is delighted to be wrong.

Unread 27-09-2015, 08:48 AM
Red Al

Blind is a fergie type player too

No off the field antics
Does what he's asked
Never moans
Settled in to life up here
And an all round good egg as they say

If he was a yard or two faster the guy would be worth about 80 mil

Unread 27-09-2015, 09:22 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
He's £#%&!ing ace. The amount off stick he gets is unreal. Name me a centre back who reads the game better than our Daley?
like vidic and evra did at first... again, which was mental.

£#%&!ing great player. he can actually play football too - that pass yesterday to set up the goal was superb.

Unread 27-09-2015, 09:29 AM
barrington avenue

shittest beard in history

Unread 27-09-2015, 09:31 AM
Switching Off

Future POTY #twici

Unread 27-09-2015, 09:53 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
like vidic and evra did at first... again, which was mental.

£#%&!ing great player. he can actually play football too - that pass yesterday to set up the goal was superb.
at least vidic and evra actually started poorly. blind has been a composed presence wherever he plays from day one.

yes, he may get exposed against certain opposition, but so will every other centre half in the country. we're 11 games into the season in league and cup and he's struggled in two of them.

the idea that he's a useful utility man is off the mark. he's much better than that.

our best signing so far under lvg. £12m ffs

Unread 27-09-2015, 10:00 AM
guerreiro

I'm sticking by guns as a man of principle and keeping him no higher than decent squad player status for now. A sexy John O'Shea.

Unread 27-09-2015, 10:05 AM
Lok

Is Daley Blind becoming our most important player? No.

I fail to get excited about him. He was extremely limited as a midfielder but I suppose he was ok cover.

At full back he often looks a bit lost and his positional sense is awful out there.

He's doing a decent job at centre back against the shit teams but he's almost certainly going to get caught out when we start playing decent teams with fast and powerful forwards.

He does play a tremendous long ball though and will continue to do a good job as a ball playing centre half against the less threatening teams.

Unread 27-09-2015, 10:06 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
at least vidic and evra actually started poorly. blind has been a composed presence wherever he plays from day one.

yes, he may get exposed against certain opposition, but so will every other centre half in the country. we're 11 games into the season in league and cup and he's struggled in two of them.

the idea that he's a useful utility man is off the mark. he's much better than that.

our best signing so far under lvg. £12m ffs
my only concern is he looks a bit on the small side (coming from me... the irony), but his skill and technique look spot on.

Unread 27-09-2015, 10:07 AM
ryanMUFC

The most natural player we have nqat.

Unread 27-09-2015, 10:09 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Is Daley Blind becoming our most important player? No.

I fail to get excited about him. He was extremely limited as a midfielder but I suppose he was ok cover.

At full back he often looks a bit lost and his positional sense is awful out there.

He's doing a decent job at centre back against the shit teams but he's almost certainly going to get caught out when we start playing decent teams with fast and powerful forwards.

He does play a tremendous long ball though and will continue to do a good job as a ball playing centre half against the less threatening teams.

tbf though, you get excited about sweets inside chocolate so.....

Unread 27-09-2015, 10:13 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
tbf though, you get excited about sweets inside chocolate so.....
Everyone likes sweets.

Everyone likes chocolate.

It therefore stands to reason that everyone likes chocolate covered sweets.

Try it, your life will never be the same again.
Closed Thread