United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-06-2016, 09:48 AM
King Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Following on from the very eloquent oxford talk, I indulged in a little Ruud action (fnar, lol, etc...)

Top £#%&!ing player - For me he doesn't beat Scholes as favourite but he's close...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFllqTJhQjg
Bloody loved him. I took my lad for his birthday to watch us beat Fulham when he scored that hat trick, we were behind the goal when he did that mazey run from the halfway line, after he bust that Fulham players nose with his elbow. He went past the defenders with ease and dinked it into the net just in front of us. It's a goal my lad and me always remember, just incredible.

Unread 02-06-2016, 10:00 AM
Red Santos

Football

Years 2001-2003 the best striker I have seen play for United in the 30 years watching United. Simple.

After 2003 lost a yard of pace and sharpness, wasn't the same player. Then went well down in my estimation bitching about missing Beckham, sending his agent to sound out possible moves to Real and Barcelona, wanting to leave twice, not @#%&!ting any of those Arsenal @#%&!s, acting a @#%&! to Ronaldo and stinking the joint up towards the end of career at United.

I was celebrating when Fergie got shot of the horseface sulk TBF.

Unread 02-06-2016, 11:04 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Eric
Bloody loved him. I took my lad for his birthday to watch us beat Fulham when he scored that hat trick, we were behind the goal when he did that mazey run from the halfway line, after he bust that Fulham players nose with his elbow. He went past the defenders with ease and dinked it into the net just in front of us. It's a goal my lad and me always remember, just incredible.
don't remember him dinking it.

remember him gently rolling it into the weak spot after forcing the keeper to shift his weight - careca-esque, dare I say ole-esque - finishing

Unread 02-06-2016, 11:07 AM
King Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
don't remember him dinking it.

remember him gently rolling it into the weak spot after forcing the keeper to shift his weight - careca-esque, dare I say ole-esque - finishing
He sort of flicked it with his right foot into the net. It was magical. I think he bust McrBrides nose on the halfway line and they all complained, saying it should have been a foul.

Unread 02-06-2016, 11:11 AM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

He was ridiculously good.
One of my favourite United players.

He made it look so easy.
It's funny watching those compilation Vids on Youtube, I watched the Eric one the other day too. It's amazing how many Pens we used to get! - we hardly get any these days.
Probably because we attack so infrequently & at such a slow tempo ...& also because Fergie isn't scaring the Refs half to death in the dugout.

Such a shame we never got to a CL Final during his time. He £#%&!ing deserved it.
His record in Europe was insane.

Unread 02-06-2016, 12:08 PM
Switching Off

That goal at Arsenal in the blue third kit. Proper goonage.

Unread 02-06-2016, 12:22 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Eric
He sort of flicked it with his right foot into the net. It was magical. I think he bust McrBrides nose on the halfway line and they all complained, saying it should have been a foul.

Was it not 'handball' on the 1/2 way line they were all whinging about?

Unread 02-06-2016, 01:45 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
Was it not 'handball' on the 1/2 way line they were all whinging about?
No, he threw a big elbow.

Unread 02-06-2016, 01:47 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
rvn is the best striker i've ever seen in the shirt, so for me whatever henry was doing is irrelevant. we also had giggs and then ronaldo, both of whom i'd take over henry.
Better than Ronaldo at his peak for us?

(did a wiki and the stats for his and RvN's best seasons are very even: 42 goals in 49 games for Ronnie VS 44 goals in 52 for Ruud). But it would be hard for anyone to argue that Ruud did more for the team than Christiano.

Given the choice of the two, at the absoltue peak of their game, who would you play as centre forward?

(looking at Ronaldo's stats for Real....£#%&!...me )

Unread 02-06-2016, 03:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Better than Ronaldo at his peak for us?

(did a wiki and the stats for his and RvN's best seasons are very even: 42 goals in 49 games for Ronnie VS 44 goals in 52 for Ruud). But it would be hard for anyone to argue that Ruud did more for the team than Christiano.

Given the choice of the two, at the absoltue peak of their game, who would you play as centre forward?

(looking at Ronaldo's stats for Real....£#%&!...me )
you absolute bastard

i've always argued that ronaldo is the best striker in the world but you know damn well that doesn't fit my agenda this time
Closed Thread