United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-08-2008, 08:56 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Team v Pompey - the Official Thread.

Not back on 'til Tuesday so i thought i'd give it a go today. can't come up with a viable team though, who the £#%&! is fit?
S'pose this is possible, sort of:-

VDS
Wes
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Fletcher
Anderson
Scholes
Tevez
Rooney
Campbell

Unread 22-08-2008, 08:59 AM
hopkins

Anderson's at the olympics at won't be back for Monday

Unread 22-08-2008, 09:01 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
Anderson's at the olympics at won't be back for Monday
I thought he was possibly leaving after the game today and could be back Sunday?

Unread 22-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Not back on 'til Tuesday so i thought i'd give it a go today. can't come up with a viable team though, who the £#%&! is fit?
S'pose this is possible, sort of:-

VDS
Wes
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Fletcher
Anderson
Scholes
Tevez
Rooney
Campbell
Minus Anderson. That is a very depressing side considering it's the European and English champions.

Seriously though I've written this one off.

2-0 Pompey.

Unread 22-08-2008, 09:05 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Minus Anderson. That is a very depressing side considering it's the European and English champions.

Seriously though I've written this one off.

2-0 Pompey.
Pompey are shit though, is Anderson difinitely out then? I did read we were considering rushing him back.

Unread 22-08-2008, 09:05 AM
hopkins

Quote:
I thought he was possibly leaving after the game today and could be back Sunday?
Nope, he's gotta do the samba in front of the podium when he picks up the bronze medal

O'Shea will definitely start. So either Campbell or Possebon should also start
Unless Neville or Brown are forced to play left-back and Evra moves up to left-wing.

Unread 22-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Stretters

Quote:
Pompey are shit though, is Anderson difinitely out then? I did read we were considering rushing him back.
Yeah they are shit but will play like there life depend on it and that scouse @#%&! will probably have the game of his life #@&%!

Unread 22-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Yeah but we can't score for shit either. The striker situation is becoming a big problem imo. No ronaldo and the goal threat seriously dries up.

Unread 22-08-2008, 09:08 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Yeah but we can't score for shit either. The striker situation is becoming a big problem imo. No ronaldo and the goal threat seriously dries up.
To be fair, we were missing Ronnie and Tevez last week. Carlos returning and Rooney having a coupla more games under his belt should make a difference.

Unread 22-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Whalefish

VDS
Wes
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Scholes
Fletcher
Possebon
Rooney
Tevez
Campbell

Three in midfield, three up front. About as best as we can do at the moment. Quite depressing. Pompey will not play into our hands as they did against Chelsea. 2-0 to them.

Plenty of shots of that bell ringer too as and when Pompey score.

Unread 22-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Stretters

Quote:
True

Quote:
To be fair, we were missing Ronnie and Tevez last week. Carlos returning and Rooney having a coupla more games under his belt should make a difference.
Fingers crossed

Unread 22-08-2008, 09:16 AM
borsuk

vds

wes
rio
vidic
evra

fletcher
anderson or hargreaves, whichever is available. if both, then hargreaves right instead of fletcher and anderson in the middle
scholes
giggs is available, isn't he? if so then giggs on the left. campbell on the bench.

tevez
rooney

Unread 22-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Giggs and Hargreaves are most certainly out from what I understand.

Unread 22-08-2008, 09:17 AM
antonin jablonsky

If we concede two to that pile of shite Rio and Vidic should be shot. Bit early in the season for such gloom innit?

Unread 22-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
If we concede two to that pile of shite Rio and Vidic should be shot. Bit early in the season for such gloom innit?
Better time than any really considering the options. When is Chelsea and Liverpool away? I'm telling you I will not be looking forward to that.

Unread 22-08-2008, 09:21 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Giggs and Hargreaves are most certainly out from what I understand.
eek. then whaley's 4-3-3 is the best we can manage

antonin's right, though. we'll not concede two to portsmuff. they were shocking in pre-season and they were even worse against chelsea. expect james to have a stormer, though, and rooney to get himself suspended for at least one of the big aways coming up. doomtastic!

Unread 22-08-2008, 09:22 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Better time than any really considering the options. When is Chelsea and Liverpool away? I'm telling you I will not be looking forward to that.
You didn't look forward to pretty much any of last seasons games though to be fair. Certainly after Christmas anyway.

Unread 22-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
You didn't look forward to pretty much any of last seasons games though to be fair. Certainly after Christmas anyway.
Not entirely correct sir. I looked forward to every last game, I just didn't think we'd win any of them. But this is different.

Consider the posibility of going to Chelsea/Liverpool with that side you've listed. It's a real possibilty.

Unread 22-08-2008, 09:24 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Not entirely correct sir. I looked forward to every last game, I just didn't think we'd win any of them. But this is different.
Not really.

Unread 22-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Thumbs up

Quote:
Not really.
Whatever.
Closed Thread