United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-07-2008, 06:32 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I'm just going to turn my back to the telly when the camera is on him.
'And Ronaldo steps up to take this 94th minute penalty. What a big moment this is..'

Magic Cantona: "Hmmph!"

(MC turns away)

Magic Cantona: "....Did it go in?"

Unread 23-07-2008, 06:33 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
what?
you are full of shit.

ronaldo doesnt want to play for manchester united.
we are the european champions and ronaldo is staying at the club against his will.
he has given clear indications that he WANTS to leave.
he has disrespected the club in a way i havent seen in my lifetime supporting them.
he has disrespected the manager and ruined a summer which is meant to be our best in years due to a historic european cup win.
we arent arsenal, we want players who WANT to play for united not players we know want out and we are keeping hold of just to save face.
the media didnt invent this ronaldo to madrid %@#$&!s, they stroked a fire started by ronaldo who has been putting coal in the fire the whole summer.

no matter how many pretty paragraphs you present the above are facts.

ronaldo does not want to be a united player.
i support the team but dislike ronaldo.

Unread 23-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Stretters

Quote:
'And Ronaldo steps up to take this 94th minute penalty. What a big moment this is..'

Magic Cantona: "Hmmph!"

(MC turns away)

Magic Cantona: "....Did it go in?"
Always turn my back on penalties, hate watching them to be honest

Unread 23-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Stretters

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
you are full of shit.

we are the european champions and ronaldo is staying at the club against his will.
he has disrespected the club in a way i havent seen in my lifetime supporting them.
he has disrespected the manager and ruined a summer which is meant to be our best in years due to a historic european cup win.
we arent arsenal, we want players who WANT to play for united not players we know want out and we are keeping hold of just to save face.
the media didnt invent this ronaldo to madrid %@#$&!s, they stroked a fire started by ronaldo who has been putting coal in the fire the whole summer.

But I will be in my box at the emirates next year, NO £#%&!ING EMAIL £#%&! FACE I'VE CHECKED

Unread 23-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
you are full of shit.

nope, sorry, they are not facts.

here's just three reasons why they are inventions from within your own tiny mind:

if Ronaldo had done anything that made Ferguson think he'd disrespected him then he'd more likely be transfer listed than have their meeting described as "amicable" by the manager.

Ronaldo did NOT start the media's Real transfer %@#$&!s. in fact, when Ronaldo was asked on the pitch directly after the European Cup final had ended about Real it was far from the first time he'd been asked the question - and that was in spring.

has Ronaldo disrespected United? i don't particularly think so. but even if he has, has he disrespected them as much as say Silvestre this very summer? Silvestre decided to stay at United because Bordeaux couldn't match his wages, and because he is coming up to testimonial consideration. just to be clear, you did say more than any other player in your lifetime supporting United? yeah right

Unread 23-07-2008, 06:46 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Stuarte
You are all going to look very stupid if he stays for the next 10 years and wins us another 3 or 4 European cups and gets a United tattoo and kisses the badge every time he scores and starts listening to The Stone Roses arent you ?

Thats gonna lern you all ! !
Kevin Webster has sorted him a walk on (fall over) part in Corrie while hes recovering from his op

hes playing Seans holiday £#%&! coming over to tell him hes not feeling too well

Unread 23-07-2008, 06:47 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
you are full of shit.

He's never said that
We don't know that. He's never actually uttered the words 'I want to leave Manchester United'
As he did in 2006. He changed his mind then so why not again
Complete over reaction. I'd say Paul Ince 'V signing' the United fans whilst wearing a Liverpool shirt was worse. And that's just off the top of my head.
I agree, to some extent. It has deflected the attention away (I made that point in the first place. This annoys me the most)
Agreed, but if he stays then this isn't the case. "I'm always motivated" or whatever he said the other day. If we're taking his quotes so seriously, then at least note the positive ones too.
Without Madrid's interest there would be no story. Their interest stems from Ronaldo's desire to one day play there. They simply started the process to make it happen sooner rather than later.

Wrong....and that's a fact.

How fitting you say I'm full of shit. Over reaction to Ronaldo stuff, over reaction to my post.

Nothing you've stated is fact. How can you being offended by something (subjectivity) be a fact?

Almost everything you've said is conjecture and the most extreme reaction you could display. There's an element of truth in each thing you've said, but it's far from 'fact'. The idea that you need to say it's a fact to reinforce your feelings doesn't reflect well on you.
Also, all the things you've said can pretty much be related back to summer 2006 too. We got over that, we'll do it again.

If he'd disrespected Fergie and the club in the way you suggest, do you really think Fergie would be fighting so hard to keep him? Is any of this worse than 2006?

Unread 23-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Stretters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
nope, sorry, they are not facts.

here's just three reasons why they are inventions from within your own tiny mind:

if Ronaldo had done anything that made Ferguson think he'd disrespected him then he'd more likely be transfer listed than have their meeting described as "amicable" by the manager.

Ronaldo did NOT start the media's Real transfer %@#$&!s. in fact, when Ronaldo was asked on the pitch directly after the European Cup final had ended about Real it was far from the first time he'd been asked the question - and that was in spring.

has Ronaldo disrespected United? i don't particularly think so. but even if he has, has he disrespected them as much as say Silvestre this very summer? Silvestre decided to stay at United because Bordeaux couldn't match his wages, and because he is coming up to testimonial consideration. just to be clear, you did say more than any other player in your lifetime supporting United? yeah right
Why can't he come out and say that he isnt interested in Madrid and wants to stay in Manchester, surely him having interviews and not once mentioning he wants to stay is disrespectful

Unread 23-07-2008, 06:50 PM
withapacketofsweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergieslovechild
Boooooooooooooo

Youve waited 5 years for this havent you.

Unread 23-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Stretters

Quote:
How fitting you say I'm full of shit. Over reaction to Ronaldo stuff, over reaction to my post.

Nothing you've stated is fact. How can you being offended by something (subjectivity) be a fact?

Almost everything you've said is conjecture and the most extreme reaction you could display. There's an element of truth in each thing you've said, but it's far from 'fact'. The idea that you need to say it's a fact to reinforce your feelings doesn't reflect well on you.
Also, all the things you've said can pretty much be related back to summer 2006 too. We got over that, we'll do it again.

If he'd disrespected Fergie and the club in the way you suggest, do you really think Fergie would be fighting so hard to keep him? Is any of this worse than 2006?
It was more to do with Club V Country then, this summer is about him not coming out and saying where he wants to play

Unread 23-07-2008, 06:56 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretters
It was more to do with Club V Country then, this summer is about him not coming out and saying where he wants to play
I think time can cloud these things. I seem to remember some pretty damning quotes being attributed to him after the WC and everyone being pretty steamed about it then too. Can't remember them precisely, but things like 'I can't return to Manchester now'. Certainly stuff as bad as this summer. Perhaps it didn't drag for as long as this summer, but surely obvious comparisons can be drawn. Only once Fergie got a hold of him did it all settle down. There's still time for it to do so.

Time's a healer and all that.

And hey, well done on not completely foaming at the mouth and whining like a little bitch in your response

Unread 23-07-2008, 07:04 PM
rebelcountyred

i've been giving this a great deal of thought since it became obvious that he will be at the club at least one more season, wouldn't boo a united player ever, but it is rather annoying for many people that they gave him so much unconditional love/adoration last season, the viva ronaldo song a case in point, i wonder if we were to swing the scarf in the opposite direction while singing it could we turn back time and withdraw our affection?

Unread 23-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretters
Why can't he come out and say that he isnt interested in Madrid and wants to stay in Manchester, surely him having interviews and not once mentioning he wants to stay is disrespectful
have you heard any interview when he has been questioned about his feelings about United, about Manchester, about his team-mates, or about what he thinks of the fans?

Unread 23-07-2008, 07:28 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
If you have only started supporting United since last August then that may be true.

If not then you think Ronaldo has disrespected United more than Heinze who took United to court to try and join Liverpool of all clubs?

Unread 23-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
you are full of shit.

Those of us who supported United when Kanchelskis left have.

Unread 23-07-2008, 07:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
The problem seems to be that Ronaldo is a #@&%!.

He's not suddenly being a #@&%!. He's always been a #@&%!, but up until now he's been our #@&%!. He's always been narcissistic and selfish, it's only now that it's biting us on the arse a bit that it actually hurts.

I can't help but feel we've been here before. We had all this in 2006. He was making noises (from the comfort of anywhere outside Manchester). He's an impressionable kid and his head has been turned before. He says things perhaps he shouldn't, he gets caught up in the moment and he loves the attention. Once the dust settled after the world cup, Fergie, Carlos and co made him count to ten, take a deep breath and think about what he's doing. And it worked. Soon he was back amongst friends and people who want the best for him (not numerous people trying to turn his head) and he could get on with the real issues.

We got over it once, why not again?

We find ourselves here again. Some things have been said (very few have we seen emerge from his own mouth) that are upsetting, but shouldn't we allow the dust to settle again? If Fergie thought he'd committed the God awful sin we all seem to think he has, then he'd have kicked him out by now. He (and Gill) are clearly pissed off at him, but also recognise that he's a very impressionable young man who sometimes needs to think before he speaks.

I'm kind of where they are. Annoyed, but prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not defending him. I'm just assessing the situation. He's pissed me off and brought all this shit on himself. He's very selfish and has deflected the attention on himself, but he's certainly not dead to me. Are we allowed to be just annoyed by it all? I could never boo a United player unless they'd done something unforgivable and it was obvious that they'd done it. The fact that it's dragged out and is exhausting everyone seems to the main reason people I know are pissed off - I just want it sorted one way or another. But booing based on a few quotes here and there that are manipulated to provoke these reactions? No chance. I don't see how booing benefits United. As someone has said, the ABUs would have a field day.

He's been a #@&%!, but that's because he's ALWAYS been a #@&%!, but I don't think he's burnt any bridges. If he had then he'd be gone.
I still want him to stay. Get him back here, shut him up and remind him of what playing for this club is all about. I'm sure once he gets back playing he will realise it himself.
Spot on IMO.

YHGR

Unread 23-07-2008, 08:04 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
The press have done their job well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Stuarte
You are all going to look very stupid if he stays for the next 10 years and wins us another 3 or 4 European cups and gets a United tattoo and kisses the badge every time he scores and starts listening to The Stone Roses arent you ?

Thats gonna lern you all ! !
Shut up you #@&%!.

Quote:
The problem seems to be that Ronaldo is a #@&%!.

He's not suddenly being a #@&%!. He's always been a #@&%!, but up until now he's been our #@&%!. He's always been narcissistic and selfish, it's only now that it's biting us on the arse a bit that it actually hurts.

I can't help but feel we've been here before. We had all this in 2006. He was making noises (from the comfort of anywhere outside Manchester). He's an impressionable kid and his head has been turned before. He says things perhaps he shouldn't, he gets caught up in the moment and he loves the attention. Once the dust settled after the world cup, Fergie, Carlos and co made him count to ten, take a deep breath and think about what he's doing. And it worked. Soon he was back amongst friends and people who want the best for him (not numerous people trying to turn his head) and he could get on with the real issues.

We got over it once, why not again?

We find ourselves here again. Some things have been said (very few have we seen emerge from his own mouth) that are upsetting, but shouldn't we allow the dust to settle again? If Fergie thought he'd committed the God awful sin we all seem to think he has, then he'd have kicked him out by now. He (and Gill) are clearly pissed off at him, but also recognise that he's a very impressionable young man who sometimes needs to think before he speaks.

I'm kind of where they are. Annoyed, but prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not defending him. I'm just assessing the situation. He's pissed me off and brought all this shit on himself. He's very selfish and has deflected the attention on himself, but he's certainly not dead to me. Are we allowed to be just annoyed by it all? I could never boo a United player unless they'd done something unforgivable and it was obvious that they'd done it. The fact that it's dragged out and is exhausting everyone seems to the main reason people I know are pissed off - I just want it sorted one way or another. But booing based on a few quotes here and there that are manipulated to provoke these reactions? No chance. I don't see how booing benefits United. As someone has said, the ABUs would have a field day.

He's been a #@&%!, but that's because he's ALWAYS been a #@&%!, but I don't think he's burnt any bridges. If he had then he'd be gone.
I still want him to stay. Get him back here, shut him up and remind him of what playing for this club is all about. I'm sure once he gets back playing he will realise it himself.
JC, you are my favourite football poster but you are defending him a BIT too much.

Unread 23-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Who you rolling your eyes at OOT JCL?

Unread 23-07-2008, 08:16 PM
believe

i won't boo him because i'd look like a @#%&! in my local but can i just ask one question?...isn't rio ferdinand a united legend these days?

Unread 23-07-2008, 08:20 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Who you rolling your eyes at OOT JCL?
OOT yes.

JCL non.

Next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
i won't boo him because i'd look like a @#%&! in my local but can i just ask one question?...isn't rio ferdinand a united legend these days?
Rio said he always wanted to stay. Big difference.
Closed Thread