United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-07-2016, 11:36 PM
dunk

Btw, £#%&!ing hate seeing Pepe celebrate anything, the utter £#%&!ing @#%&!.

Unread 07-07-2016, 12:00 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Btw, £#%&!ing hate seeing Pepe celebrate anything, the utter £#%&!ing @#%&!.
Did you know he's known to be a lovely bloke? Football brings the worst out of some...

Unread 07-07-2016, 12:02 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Did you know he's known to be a lovely bloke? Football brings the worst out of some...
I only ever see him on the pitch or the stands, so that's all of him that exists

Unread 07-07-2016, 04:10 AM
utd99

I'll never understand this mentality as long as I live. You've achieved beyong your wildest dreams, and everything from here on is a bonus; have a go ffs. You lose, you lose, but at least go down swinging. Knocking the ball around the back, going backwards and playing for penalties twenty minutes in. They looked like us last year.

Ramseys yellow in the quarters was stupid, unnecessary and cost them any real chance. Well done eminem.

Unread 07-07-2016, 05:35 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I'll never understand this mentality as long as I live. You've achieved beyong your wildest dreams, and everything from here on is a bonus; have a go ffs. You lose, you lose, but at least go down swinging. Knocking the ball around the back, going backwards and playing for penalties twenty minutes in. They looked like us last year.

Ramseys yellow in the quarters was stupid, unnecessary and cost them any real chance. Well done eminem.
And you don't actually get knocked out. Footballers.

Ironically, you do actually get knocked out for not having a go.

Maybe watching the Iceland game terrified them.

Unread 07-07-2016, 07:56 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
And you don't actually get knocked out. Footballers.

Ironically, you do actually get knocked out for not having a go.

Maybe watching the Iceland game terrified them.
We don't have a squad full of super talented players.

We lost a key play maker in Ramsay, Coleman didn't have a like for like replacement so tried to adjust the way we play. It could have worked and we could have sneaked a 1-0 win, but it didn't work and the two ex United players sealed it for the Portuguese. Shit happens, I don't know what else we could have done. I'm happy we got so far, lets hope football in Wales kicks on from this now.

Unread 07-07-2016, 08:39 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
We don't have a squad full of super talented players.

We lost a key play maker in Ramsay, Coleman didn't have a like for like replacement so tried to adjust the way we play. It could have worked and we could have sneaked a 1-0 win, but it didn't work and the two ex United players sealed it for the Portuguese. Shit happens, I don't know what else we could have done. I'm happy we got so far, lets hope football in Wales kicks on from this now.
Nah. Like greece when they won it, and iceland, this is your peak.

Unread 07-07-2016, 08:43 AM
Zorg

Feel for the FC lads from Yasoc Bilya

Unread 07-07-2016, 08:48 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Nah. Like greece when they won it, and iceland, this is your peak.
This.
You might get a run in the next one but it won't be as good or the same. And then it will keep getting worse.
Trust me.

Unread 07-07-2016, 09:08 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Bale was absolute toilet, didn't do anything apart from get taken off the ball easily and took two or three potshots from forty yards
And he's their only good player

Unread 07-07-2016, 09:26 AM
Vedder

Gutted the way we went out. We're better than what we showed last night

How do Portugal do it they're always in with a shout and they've been awful for years fair play to them.

Unread 07-07-2016, 09:38 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Gutted the way we went out. We're better than what we showed last night

How do Portugal do it they're always in with a shout and they've been awful for years fair play to them.
Tournament know how and experience mate. That's it.

Unread 07-07-2016, 09:38 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Tournament know how and experience mate. That's it.
And getting drawn against Wales.

(sorry)

Unread 07-07-2016, 10:39 AM
Tumescent Throb

portugal are £#%&!ing annoying cus they've got a few brilliant players but still constantly £#%&! up most attacking situations without getting a shot in.

but their success i reckon is based on them being very good at breaking up the rhythm of the opponent. their first objective seems to be to get sensible possession and force the opponent almost every single turnover to drop back in. they're all technically good on the ball and are tactically switched on... wales have been getting plaudits off pundits for teamwork - well, portugal have been to the semi-finals repeatedly for tournament after tournament and yet those same pundits slag portugal's teamwork off all the time

Unread 07-07-2016, 11:04 AM
TheFatGoth

Closed Thread