United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-07-2016, 11:27 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
He did follow his man. Seemed to me as though he was trying to mark Allen (i think?) who was waiting on the edge of the box to be teed up by Kanu.
Eventually he followed his man, but too late. He does it for United all the £#%&!ing time, lets someone run off him or run past him and dithers before chasing him, hoping the move will break down so he doesn't have to do it. I recognise it because I always £#%&!ing do it at 5 a side

Unread 02-07-2016, 11:31 AM
Sparky***

He has to be sold surely. The man is an abomination.

Unread 02-07-2016, 11:33 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Eventually he followed his man, but too late. He does it for United all the £#%&!ing time, lets someone run off him or run past him and dithers before chasing him, hoping the move will break down so he doesn't have to do it. I recognise it because I always £#%&!ing do it at 5 a side
I think a lot of the time it's down to a lack of pace. Defending isn't his forte. He has few strengths to his game, admittedly, but he's been of use to United and scored some vital goals, made some big contributions to matches and always gets stuck in (sometimes too much).

As i said initally, it's the hatred the some seem to have for him that i can't get my head around.

Unread 02-07-2016, 11:42 AM
Stickman

Quote:
As i said initally, it's the hatred the some seem to have for him that i can't get my head around.
It's because he's tied to Moyes and that era.

He's not a great footballer but he's not nearly as unlikable as painted, at very least he appears to care a lot more than some.

Unread 02-07-2016, 11:44 AM
TheKitchenSink

Can't see anybody paying him the type of wages we are. Hopefully he'll go out on loan with some of his wages subsidised for the season.

Unread 02-07-2016, 11:44 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
It's because he's tied to Moyes and that era.

He's not a great footballer but he's not nearly as unlikable as painted, at very least he appears to care a lot more than some.
This.

Unread 02-07-2016, 11:48 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

The fact that he is tolerated is just a painful reminder of how far we've fallen in such a short space of time. Disgusting 'footballer' and has absolute no business being at this club.

Unread 02-07-2016, 11:50 AM
Turin

In fairness to him, he's improved slightly from the walking holocaust he was when he came first, but he's still one of the worst players I've seen in 30+ years of following United. I can't think of anyone who has looked more out of place.

You just have to watch him for 30 seconds off the ball to see he hasn't a clue how to read the game and know where he should position himself. How he made it out of Belgian football I don't know.

Unread 02-07-2016, 11:51 AM
Luffy

Besides the stupid bumbling fouls he seems like a nice enough guy.

But as a player he definitely holds us back. He's too limited, slow, ambling, free kick giving.

would much rather Perreira and tfm collectively take his appearances and get their chance.

Unread 02-07-2016, 11:58 AM
dunk

Quote:
I think a lot of the time it's down to a lack of pace. Defending isn't his forte. He has few strengths to his game, admittedly, but he's been of use to United and scored some vital goals, made some big contributions to matches and always gets stuck in (sometimes too much).

You don't need pace to jog alongside the man you are marking and stay with them rather than standing still and letting them run..

I don't hate him, I actually wanted United to sign him before they did, but he's never pushed on from the midfielder he was at 22 and he's just become an awkward hybrid footballer, he doesn't fit in any position and he doesn't fit at Manchester United, he can occasionally be effective and has had a few purple patches of adequacy, but he's so far beneath what United should be aiming for he angers everyone.. That and the £#%&!ing snide shit he does blundering into and attempting to hurt Bale last night and treading on Naingolan for instance just idiotic.

Unread 02-07-2016, 12:03 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
The fact that he is tolerated is just a painful reminder of how far we've fallen in such a short space of time. Disgusting 'footballer' and has absolute no business being at this club.
Even the likes of Djemba Djemba and Bellion didn't get it this bad

Unread 02-07-2016, 12:06 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Never understood the hatred shown from some our support towards Fellaini.

Granted, he's not a great footballer (nor does he profess to be), but he plays to his strengths and never doesn't give 100% (how many other players could you say that about in the past three seasons?) He's one of the most likeable United players i can remember, yet some see fit to abuse him on here and even boo him at the match?

Give me a trier like Fellaini over a fraud like Mata any day.
£#%&! that.....

Unread 02-07-2016, 12:11 PM
d_knight

Is this Dave guy a city fan? If not why is every calling him bloo shit etc? If yes why the £#%&! is he still here & why are we listening to him pretending to be United?

Unread 02-07-2016, 12:13 PM
andyroo

Don't get my hopes up you bunch of absolute @#%&!s. Especially Dave.

Unread 02-07-2016, 12:52 PM
Buck

Green and gold until Fellaini is sold. LUHF.

Unread 02-07-2016, 01:06 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The 100% thing is a myth. Constantly to be found being lazy, ambling about and not following his man. Cost Belgium the 2nd goal last night doing exactly that. Not doing the basics isn't giving 100%z
I think Dave's a myth too, Dunk.

Unread 02-07-2016, 01:22 PM
Alan

Quote:
Never understood the hatred shown from some our support towards Fellaini.

Unread 02-07-2016, 02:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I think Dave's a myth too, Dunk.
Quite possibly, was worth pointing out though.

Unread 02-07-2016, 02:46 PM
rockored

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
£#%&! that.....

At least he switched it.

Unread 02-07-2016, 03:19 PM
Cream

Was pleasantly surpirsed at how well he'd started against Wales, then realised it was Alex Witsel.

Off to Everton, ironically.
Closed Thread