United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-06-2016, 10:49 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Is Howard Wilkinson still alive?
Very much so. Last English manager to win the league wasn't he?

(Decent bloke, would be a £#%&! England manager).

Unread 28-06-2016, 11:06 AM
MJ Ramone

How the £#%&! did Hodgson get the job in the first place?
Amazed me last night to be reminded that this is is 3rd Tournament. Wow.

Unread 28-06-2016, 11:06 AM
Fergie out 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Very much so. Last English manager to win the league wasn't he?

(Decent bloke, would be a £#%&! England manager).
Caretaker manager for two games, lost both

Unread 28-06-2016, 11:09 AM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Magician
£#%&!ing weird working class c***!

At least the ladies won the hockey.

Unread 28-06-2016, 11:09 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
How the £#%&! did Hodgson get the job in the first place?
Amazed me last night to be reminded that this is is 3rd Tournament. Wow.
Still pretty £#%&!ing gobsmacked he left it 'til the 86th minute to make another change With at least 15 to go and needing a goal, take Gary @#%&!ing Cahill off and get Rashers on, play 3 at the back for a bit. Mental.

Unread 28-06-2016, 11:20 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Still pretty £#%&!ing gobsmacked he left it 'til the 86th minute to make another change With at least 15 to go and needing a goal, take Gary @#%&!ing Cahill off and get Rashers on, play 3 at the back for a bit. Mental.
honestly can't ever remember a match like it
The entire team collapsed - after being told that they're playing with freedom because there isn't the weight of expectation that previous teams have had to deal with
It wasn't even that they played badly (although obviously they did) , they just mentally fell apart - to a man.
Can't remember seeing that before. It was £#%&!ing weird.

Like you say though, the lack of response from the manager was embarrassing.
Such a £#%&!ing coward as well, resigning & refusing to talk about the match.
What a #@&%!.

Unread 28-06-2016, 11:27 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

What I cannot fathom with the English mentality is this unwavering belief that that they must do things on their own terms no matter what...even if that isn't working. The balls out xenophobia to Capello and Eriksson was staggering and here again there seems to be an acceptance that rather than getting the right man for the job they want an Englishman first and foremost. Staggering.

What frustrates me, as just a football fan is the sheer reluctance to change, everything is safety first, starting with the appointment of the manager and then to the team selection. Remember the reluctance to put Rooney and Beckham into the side when they were the best young players in England? Its the same now with Rashford and even Vardy tbh. They should have been starting games or at least featuring a lot more. They constantly peddle this wum about 'needing experience'... there's an argument for that if its extra time in a semi but Jesus it was Iceland just put the best players in the country last season on the pitch no? Minimal risk and minimal reward. The fact that Southgate is the favourite just suggest the whole cycle is gonna start again.

Arrogant boring bastards. £#%&! Off.

Unread 28-06-2016, 11:33 AM
Fergie out 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
What I cannot fathom with the English mentality is this unwavering belief that that they must do things on their own terms no matter what...even if that isn't working. The balls out xenophobia to Capello and Eriksson was staggering and here again there seems to be an acceptance that rather than getting the right man for the job they want an Englishman first and foremost. Staggering.

What frustrates me, as just a football fan is the sheer reluctance to change, everything is safety first, starting with the appointment of the manager and then to the team selection. Remember the reluctance to put Rooney and Beckham into the side when they were the best young players in England? Its the same now with Rashford and even Vardy tbh. They should have been starting games or at least featuring a lot more. They constantly peddle this wum about 'needing experience'... there's an argument for that if its extra time in a semi but Jesus it was Iceland just put the best players in the country last season on the pitch no? Minimal risk and minimal reward. The fact that Southgate is the favourite just suggest the whole cycle is gonna start again.

Arrogant boring bastards. £#%&! Off.
These are the same people who complain that an "American oversees" the Bank of England - complete mongs

Btw I see Jurgen Klinsmann is also linked with the job. I can see the xenophobic brexit voters standing for that

Unread 28-06-2016, 01:01 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe

Should be Hoddle with Tim Sherwood as assistant.

Absolutely had it up to here (pointing at my head) with experts. We need to get behind a couple of genuinely thick @#%&!s and show the rest of Europe what real English pride and passion is all about. Reclaim our game. NOW!

Unread 28-06-2016, 01:09 PM
Der Kaiser

He hasn't got a chance of getting the job, because he's not a big enough name, but Warren Joyce would be perfect for it.

Unread 28-06-2016, 01:11 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie out 89
These are the same people who complain that an American oversees the Bank of England - complete mongs

Btw I see Jurgen Klinsmann is also linked with the job. I can see the xenophobic brexit voters standing for that
I don't think anybody has claimed that tbf

Unread 28-06-2016, 01:13 PM
plopborsky

take me, I am ready for you

Unread 28-06-2016, 01:16 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
These are the same people who complain that an American oversees the Bank of England - complete mongs

ffs

Unread 28-06-2016, 01:19 PM
waynes ear's

Dig up Brian Clough. Would still be an upgrade

Unread 28-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Dig up Brian Clough. Would still be an upgrade
Not an old school tie boy - @#%&!s never gave him the gig when they should

The London press pick the manager and the team

Unread 28-06-2016, 01:41 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky

take me, I am ready for you
No Fun's got a job already mate

Unread 28-06-2016, 02:04 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
When was the Canadian bloke replaced?

Unread 28-06-2016, 02:30 PM
Albert Tatlock

They could always ask that nice Mr Colem... on hang on, he's busy

Unread 28-06-2016, 02:41 PM
MrBishi

Don't think there's any point appointing a new manager.

Qualify with ease, fail abjectly in the tournament. The job does itself.

Unread 28-06-2016, 02:52 PM
Fergie out 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
When was the Canadian bloke replaced?
Cue a xenophobe "same bloody thing"
Closed Thread