Unread 17-02-2017, 11:04 AM
Arnold Muhren

RIP Claude

Unread 17-02-2017, 11:05 AM
TheFatGoth

Doesn't say where though.

Unread 17-02-2017, 11:25 AM
Baron

Sad to see a once great manager stumbling about like a punch drunk boxer, bumbling his signings, no longer able to call on the reserves he once had & basically making a £#%&!ing mess of everything.

Hang on....

Unread 17-02-2017, 11:30 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Arsene Wenger: Arsenal boss says he will manage next season

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39001868

To ArsenalfanTV...

Unread 17-02-2017, 11:32 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Sad to see a once great manager stumbling about like a punch drunk boxer, bumbling his signings, no longer able to call on the reserves he once had & basically making a £#%&!ing mess of everything.

Hang on....
Once great was a while ago though. Its 13 years since he won the league, and hasn't adapted. He continues to make the same mistakes he's always made.

For me, he should have gone last season after letting Leicester win it. It reflects badly on United, Chelsea and City too but Arsenal had a relative degree of stability, and in fairness, an acceptance that finishing behind those 3 wasn't bad. That was his year and come the spring, they messed it up again.

All this nonsense about finishing 7th after he's gone shouldn't be enough to keep him in the job. There's no guarantee that will happen, providing they get the right man (Simeone).

The guy is never going to win the league.

Unread 17-02-2017, 11:42 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

Hang on....
are you seriously inferring that ferguson winning 2 league titles in his last 3 seasons at united is similar to wenger's situation at arsenal

Unread 17-02-2017, 11:51 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

I really really want him to stay.

I don't believe it will take much for that club to become a threat again and we've got enough competitors as we are making our way back to the top

Unread 17-02-2017, 11:55 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
are you seriously inferring that ferguson winning 2 league titles in his last 3 seasons at united is similar to wenger's situation at arsenal
No you £#%&!ing helmet, I'm alluding to Van Gaal

Unread 17-02-2017, 11:57 AM
andyroo

Quote:

Hang on....
We're still in three cups.

Oh.

Unread 17-02-2017, 11:59 AM
BarryX

At first I was afraid, I was petrified
Kept thinking I'd never win another title with my Arsenal side
But then I watched so many youtube vids, how they did me wrong
And I grew strong...

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:04 PM
Ethers

Quote:
No you £#%&!ing helmet, I'm alluding to Van Gaal

State of Throb.

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:08 PM
dunk

There's no way he manages elsewhere, surely?

Upstairs for him when he's had enough you'd have thought?

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:10 PM
Fat Al

Quote:

Hang on....
Just need him to hit the booze & he'll be pretty much full on Brian Clough.

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:30 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
We're still in three cups.

Oh.

Unread 17-02-2017, 01:14 PM
Sizlack

Quote:

Unless he £#%&!ing hates Arsenal fan and doesn't want anything more to do with the club? It possible, hes been treated like a @#%&! for years.

Unread 17-02-2017, 01:21 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
I really really want him to stay.

I don't believe it will take much for that club to become a threat again and we've got enough competitors as we are making our way back to the top
I personally think they'll go down the pan like we did the season after he walks. It's a squad full of wets.

Unread 17-02-2017, 01:29 PM
Baron

Quote:

Blatantly.

He's done miracles for that place, if they'd of stayed at Highbury they'd of never done anything else. The footballing landscape changed, oligarchs all over the shop, billions flowing into the game & he's there propping up a club in the Top 4, year after year until they've paid off the ground. Soon as he does, the club has billionaires investing & yet he's somehow managed to institutionalise himself into thinking they're still paupers & it's "his" money

Should go upstairs at the end of the season, and they should release the funds. Arsenal are Top 5 in the world I think for turnover now with that stadium & the PL / CL money. There are loads of managers that can get a tune out of a club, just look at Sarri at Napoli, Tuchel at Dortmund, Sampaoli at Sevilla etc. They'd all bin their jobs for the Arsenal gig in a heartbeat.
Closed Thread