United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-04-2014, 11:01 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
N Powell is the one. FYI.
I quite like him too - poor tonight, though.

Unread 12-04-2014, 11:01 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I quite like him too - poor tonight, though.
Awful

Unread 12-04-2014, 11:10 PM
moyescaust

powell doesn't have a great touch.

it's one of the reasons he's always shooting.

I can see the comparisons with fat frank.

his dynamism alone (powell's dynamism, not fat frank) would have improved us this year year but that's only because we have statues in midfield.

he's not good enough.

the first thing our scouts should look for is top quality ball control.

why is it such an afterthought?

Unread 12-04-2014, 11:15 PM
Space Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyescaust
powell doesn't have a great touch.

it's one of the reasons he's always shooting.

I can see the comparisons with fat frank.

his dynamism alone (powell's dynamism, not fat frank) would have improved us this year year but that's only because we have statues in midfield.

he's not good enough.

the first thing our scouts should look for is top quality ball control.

why is it such an afterthought?

Unread 12-04-2014, 11:23 PM
moyescaust

young looks like a @#%&! even when you can't see his eyes.

Unread 12-04-2014, 11:44 PM
Sparky***

He's £#%&!ing shit, like powell.

If they were any good they'd be where Januzaj is.

Unread 12-04-2014, 11:49 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He's £#%&!ing shit, like powell.

If they were any good they'd be where Januzaj is.
G2C your taking your usual optimistic positive viewpoint on this

Unread 12-04-2014, 11:54 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
G2C your taking your usual optimistic positive viewpoint on this
There is no "optimism" with regard to whether a player is good enough or not. They either are, or they aren't.

Unread 13-04-2014, 12:05 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
There is no "optimism" with regard to whether a player is good enough or not. They either are, or they aren't.
Young players are hard to gauge. I never saw the Ronaldo of 18 becoming the Ronaldo that exists today.

Powell is too slow to be a top level player...no better than Gibson imo.

Don't think I've ever seen Lingard play so I've got no idea.

Januzaj could still go either way too, raw talent is there but delivers very little in terms of end product. He's got time on his side though and will be a different player in a year or two. This season will have done him good though, hopefully he'll have a similar no of minutes on the pitch next year.

Unread 13-04-2014, 12:07 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Young players are hard to gauge. I never saw the Ronaldo of 18 becoming the Ronaldo that exists today.

Januzaj could still go either way too, raw talent is there but delivers very little in terms of end product. He's got time on his side though and will be a different player in a year or two. This season will have done him good though, hopefully he'll have a similar no of minutes on the pitch next year.
We spent £12m on ronaldo when he was 18 and he was in our first team with the no.7

Was he the Ronaldo of today? No. Could you see he was an exceptional talent? Of course.

He sure as £#%&! wouldn't have been on loan at £#%&!ing Birmingham or Wigan that's for sure.

They either are or they aren't. It's as simple as that.

Unread 13-04-2014, 12:14 AM
dragflick

Quote:

Ah the old end product saying. You were one of the many #@&%!s who said the same about Ronaldo in his first couple of seasons, weren't you?

Unread 13-04-2014, 12:16 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Ah the old end product saying. You were one of the many #@&%!s who said the same about Ronaldo in his first couple of seasons, weren't you?

Unread 13-04-2014, 12:17 AM
silv

Seems like draggers has got sunburn and is taking it out on all around him

Unread 13-04-2014, 12:18 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
We spent £12m on ronaldo when he was 18 and he was in our first team with the no.7

Was he the Ronaldo of today? No. Could you see he was an exceptional talent? Of course.

He sure as £#%&! wouldn't have been on loan at £#%&!ing Birmingham or Wigan that's for sure.

They either are or they aren't. It's as simple as that.
Beckham was at Preston aged 20.

It isn't that clear cut. Januzaj is an exceptional 'talent' too. There again, so was Anderson at 18. No guarantee they will continue to bloom and be the finished article at 24.

Beckham only started to properly show at 21, Ben Thornley used to regularly overshadow him at 18-20.

Players develop at different rates.

Unread 13-04-2014, 12:19 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Shut up you £#%&!ing #@&%!.

Unread 13-04-2014, 12:20 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Seems like draggers has got sunburn and is taking it out on all around him
Absolutely £#%&!ed pal.

Quote:
Shut up you £#%&!ing #@&%!.

Fair point well made... That's a yes then. Apology to Ronnie and myself accepted.

Unread 13-04-2014, 12:28 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Beckham was at Preston aged 20.

It isn't that clear cut.
Januzaj is an exceptional 'talent' too. There again, so was Anderson at 18. No guarantee they will continue to bloom and be the finished article at 24.

Beckham only started to properly show at 21, Ben Thornley used to regularly overshadow him at 18-20.

Players develop at different rates.

Yes it is. I'm always right about these things. Always. I may not be right about other stuff, but when I say a player is shit you can be damn sure they'll turn out pretty shit.

If a player doesn't look good enough when they're in their late teens/early 20's then they never will be. £#%&! them off and buy someone good enough and stop wasting our time.

Unread 13-04-2014, 12:32 AM
Bunker Buster

Desire, Luck, timing, maturity and skillset.

Unread 13-04-2014, 12:36 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Yes it is. I'm always right about these things. Always. I may not be right about other stuff, but when I say a player is shit you can be damn sure they'll turn out pretty shit.

If a player doesn't look good enough when they're in their late teens/early 20's then they never will be. £#%&! them off and buy someone good enough and stop wasting our time.
Fair enough.

I couldn't really give a £#%&! tbh. Night mate x

Unread 13-04-2014, 12:43 AM
jaybrightonboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
Jay don't listen, moyes has driven him mad. I'm having issues with my winter duvet, what tog should I be using?
Definitely a dorma duck feathered one. Its just down to you what tog you want id go for about tog 6/7
Closed Thread