United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-04-2007, 09:58 AM
carlosartorial

Default Chelsea

All bias and dislike of individual personalities aside, I still admire their tenacity.

The £#%&!ers.

Unread 02-04-2007, 10:03 AM
Sparky***

Yeah, they're not back to back champions for nothing. Even though they are a destestable bunch of @#%&!s, you have to say they have character.

Unread 02-04-2007, 10:04 AM
antonin jablonsky

Horrible football but as you say they just won't give up.

Unread 02-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Jack Duckworth

it had 0-1 chelsea written all over it. i should've put a bet on it

Unread 02-04-2007, 10:12 AM
Baron

I'm hoping it'll make it all the sweeter having to work for it, keeps us on our toes as well which can only help keep everyone focused for the other pots (I'll be happy just to get the league personally).

Unread 02-04-2007, 10:18 AM
carlosartorial

I know it's become pure cliche to repeat the 'Chelsea have raised the bar' mantra....but its true. This title race is now pure brinksmanship.

Who blinks first?

Unread 02-04-2007, 10:39 AM
The Return of JC

Their away performances have not been great of late.

They always look like they may drop points away from home. They simply can't afford to.

I didn't watch the game but switched the radio on for the last 5 once I knew it was 0-0. I just expected them to score. When the goal when in I just laughed because I was so resigned to it.

That says a lot about them that we expect them to score in the last minute.

I still think they have that over us, but it doesn't look like being enough this year.
They need to win 14 straight games to have any chance really. That's a huge ask.

Unread 02-04-2007, 10:41 AM
rebelcountyred

see that michael owen has targetted the chelski match as his comeback game, might be just the lift the geordies need, fingers crossed.

Unread 02-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Rhodzy

I would give them credit if it was vs a better team but not Watford.

Unread 02-04-2007, 10:55 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
Yeah, they're not back to back champions for nothing. Even though they are a destestable bunch of @#%&!s, you have to say they have character.
To score against the worst team in the league? Yeah well done. If they've got character they can keep it, bunch of sapped arse @#%&!s if you ask me. Lampard, Drogba, Shevchenko, Carvahlo, to name a few...what a load of moaning £#%&!ers.

Players of their supposed calibre, not to mention remuneration, should be able to notch a goal against Watford without hailing it as some kind of cup final.

Unread 02-04-2007, 10:59 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
I would give them credit if it was vs a better team but not Watford.
Not really (orly?) about a single game though, is it?

I'm calling them tenacious @#%&!s for their dogged pursuit of us from about November onwards. The have been pretty shit throughout that peroid but are still refusing to lie down.

Unread 02-04-2007, 11:02 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
All bias and dislike of individual personalities aside, I still admire their tenacity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
...bunch of sapped arse @#%&!s if you ask me. Lampard, Drogba, Shevchenko, Carvahlo, to name a few...what a load of moaning £#%&!ers.

Unread 02-04-2007, 11:12 AM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs down

Quote:
I know it's become pure cliche to repeat the 'Chelsea have raised the bar' mantra....but its true. This title race is now pure brinksmanship.

Who blinks first?
Anti Chinese racism has no role to play here sunshine

Unread 02-04-2007, 11:21 PM
jem

Default chelsea

only needed a goal at the end because they are shit.

and they don't wear teams down, they score rather fortunate late goals.

I'm more impressed by their ability to play to the level of the opposition. I wonder if they manage it against a disabled valencia.

Unread 02-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Tumescent Throb

Chelsea have scored some cracking goals from crosses to be fair. That one from Kalou for 3-3 v Spurs wasn't bad either. And another thing, as long as we keep winning I'd love Chelsea to rip Arsenal apart later in the season and knock the vermin out of Europe - could finish both the @#%&!s for next year as well

Unread 02-04-2007, 11:30 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Chelsea have scored some cracking goals from crosses to be fair. That one from Kalou for 3-3 v Spurs wasn't bad either. And another thing, as long as we keep winning I'd love Chelsea to rip Arsenal apart later in the season and knock the vermin out of Europe - could finish both the @#%&!s for next year as well
No, if Chelsea are as bad next year they'll struggle to finish fourth. Saw all the sides in action on Saturday and even losing 4-1, Arsenal have much better footballers than Chelsea.

Chelsea's problem is that they are over-coached and this season too many sides have worked out how to nullify them. For all the blather about the loss of Terry and Cech, they've still been better defensively than most.

I'd go so far as to say they've been remarkably fortunate that Lampard and Drogba have stayed fit, without the latter in particular this title race would be all over.

Unread 02-04-2007, 11:32 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:

Who blinks first?
Spot on.

The first one of us to slip up (drop points) might well be the one who misses out.

I'm just praying that we can get to 4 games left with a 6pt lead intact.
I think that just might be enough.

The fixtures this weekend could be absolutely vital.
If Spurs do us a favour then we'd go into the Portsmouth game knowing that a win would put one hand on the trophy....If Chelsea beat Spurs (which I expect they will - comfortably)..then the pressure is really on us at Fratton Park.

Chelsea's tenacity is admirable, but I think Watford bottled it on Saturday.
If we win the League this season it might well be argued that it's our greatest ever League title under Ferguson.

Unread 02-04-2007, 11:35 PM
redfusilier

For some reason the winner in the last minute did not bother me too much.

Unlike up until the ginger prince waltzed into the blackburn box

Worry about our form, and at present there is not much to worry about.

Unread 02-04-2007, 11:40 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfusilier
Worry about our form, and at present there is not much to worry about.
I agree completely, but because of the way we play (& I mean that as a compliment) we're far more likely to do something stupid/wreckless that could cost us 3pts.
Because we aren't as methodical & predictable as Chelsea we're more prone to slip up (I wouldn't have it any other way mind)

I just hope European Cup football back on the agenda doesn't lead to any 'tinkering' from Ferguson.
This Premiership Title should be our main (arguably only) objective this season.
Europe can wait.

Unread 02-04-2007, 11:45 PM
Riverside

Even their billionaire owner, who has bankrolled the current squad, can't be bothered to watch his team because the football is so dire. That should tell you all you need to know, really.
Closed Thread