United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-04-2007, 11:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical
who "hates" Carrick hasn't been shut up by his performances this season, then they're not going to be shut up by his getting a goal.

And if anyone who "hates" Park shuts up because he had a decent game and scored, then they haven't been watching his performances this season.
He has been one of United's best players since his howling miss at Newcastle. He had just come back after a few months out injured then, though. Superb performances whenever called upon. Keep up ffs.

Obviously agree with you on Carrick. These threads are a bit silly, and frankly, I've grown out of posting them ;-)

Unread 01-04-2007, 11:56 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem's kind streak
has some class; park is an idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam the Sanitary Man
Thats a bit £#%&!in strong isnt it?
It made me laugh, but I think it was because it didn't really make any sense.

He's an idiot in the same way that Carrick is a mong I suppose it means

Unread 01-04-2007, 11:58 PM
Tropical

Default His performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Superb performances whenever called upon.
against Reading away in the cup was by some distance the single worst outing by a United first-teamer that I've witnessed this season.

And bear in mind, I like Park. I even liked him when he was at PSV. I like his willingness, energy, persistence and directness. But it's a bit of a monkey/machine gun-type dealie with him. He's bound to hit something at some point. Form included.

Anyway, my point was more about "Carrick and Park haters" than it was about Carrick or Park. So I agree with you about this kind of thread.

Unread 02-04-2007, 12:00 AM
Leroyloverod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
Carrick and Park aren't really worthy of comparison.

Carrick oozes class and footballing intelligence.

J Sung is a little Jack Russell (probably a joke there somewhere) who runs around with much gusto and furious anger but often without looking up. If he ever perfects his lack of a final ball and keeps his composure in front of goal he'll be a devastating player because he sure as £#%&! gets himself into enough goalscoring positions.
Like a classier Robbie Savage.

Unread 02-04-2007, 12:02 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Spurs and Liverpool will comfortably finish above us.

We all know who said this and he was so sure.
Well, it weren't me.

I only said that Liverpool were going to win the league!

Unread 02-04-2007, 12:03 AM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward #@&%!hands
Where's the Carrick and Park haters

Unread 02-04-2007, 12:04 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar

Unread 02-04-2007, 12:05 AM
Tropical

*reps Cc for the "Ferie Out" sign*

Unread 02-04-2007, 12:06 AM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
*reps Cc for the "Ferie Out" sign*
I thank you sir

Unread 02-04-2007, 12:08 AM
jem's kind streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
If you really think Smith is better than Park I don't think I'm going to be able to complete your Park education. I despair ;-)
smith is way better than park. smith has park's good attitude and can actually marry it to a bit of talent. he may only have come on for a few minutes, but he found space, played the ball off well. ok, so he didn't set up a goal for rooney like he did against bolton, but he was playing a bit deeper.

p.s. smith has played in a european cup semi. so put that in your park-loving pipe and smoke it, you park pipe lover.

you certainly are not going to complete my park education if you mean brainwash me with mindless nonsense.

park is embarrassingly bad. he's more like fletch than smudger.

Unread 02-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar

Unread 02-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Golden
But so has Park :0)
Ouch ...and jem was on such a hot streak tonight until he needlessly ensnared himself

Unread 02-04-2007, 12:12 AM
jem's kind streak

Quote:
If anyone who "hates" Carrick hasn't been shut up by his performances this season, then they're not going to be shut up by his getting a goal.

And if anyone who "hates" Park shuts up because he had a decent game and scored, then they haven't been watching his performances this season.
what he said. you either get carrick or you don't. and you either laugh at park or you don't get the joke.

Unread 02-04-2007, 12:12 AM
jem's kind streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Golden
But so has Park :0)
that was the whole point of my comment.

Unread 02-04-2007, 12:13 AM
jem's kind streak

Quote:
Ouch ...and jem was on such a hot streak tonight until he needlessly ensnared himself
and I would expect you to realise it wasn't an accident. you're clearly mesmerised by seeing johnny's face in so many different scenes.

Unread 02-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
against Reading away in the cup was by some distance the single worst outing by a United first-teamer that I've witnessed this season.
Allow me to direct you to Richardson in the 1-1 game at Reading. Or the worst I've seen all season, Richardson in the 4-0 romp over Watford. Park was crap at Reading in the Cup though, true enough. But everyone's allowed an off-day (everyone had one that night come to think of it, but the first 10 minutes will live on).

Quote:
smith is way better than park. smith has park's good attitude and can actually marry it to a bit of talent. he may only have come on for a few minutes, but he found space, played the ball off well. ok, so he didn't set up a goal for rooney like he did against bolton, but he was playing a bit deeper.
Smith's loop over the halfway line was carefully crafted to take advantage of the half of the pitch Bolton had decided not to play in. That's a convoluted way of saying even I could have played Rooney in. Park is a genius by comparison (with me and with Smith)

Unread 02-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Lazarus

Quote:
and I would expect you to realise it wasn't an accident. you're clearly mesmerised by seeing johnny's face in so many different scenes.
Ok ..I guess I believe you . What do you mean about Johnny's face?

Unread 02-04-2007, 12:24 AM
jem's kind streak

Quote:
Ok ..I guess I believe you . What do you mean about Johnny's face?
you guess? £#%&! off. :0) it's only mentioned on here every time someone tries to defend the pinball wizard that he played in a euro semi.

jaysus. speaking of semis, are you looking at a photoshop of johnny right now?

throb, park is a genius compared to you. rooney's finish was carefully crafted to take advantage of the bit just inside the post the keeper couldn't reach as well. lawks, park is toss. he's funny to watch when it doesn't matter, but against any kind of opposition (roma, say), he is going to look like a headless chicken.

Unread 02-04-2007, 12:33 AM
Lazarus

Quote:
you guess? £#%&! off. :0) it's only mentioned on here every time someone tries to defend the pinball wizard that he played in a euro semi.

jaysus. speaking of semis, are you looking at a photoshop of johnny right now?

I do believe you now ,damn,I thought you'd stitched yourself up like a kipper :0 )

Ah yes..the photoshop thread. Where the brave few who posted their pictures get mercilessly photshopped by the evil hoardes who didn't .

Unread 02-04-2007, 01:42 AM
Tumescent Throb

Hmm. can't decide whether to mention Milan at this stage or not ;-)
Closed Thread