United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-03-2007, 10:59 PM
Spiffy

Default Would you have Tevez?

Assuming we bought Hargreaves in the summer, it looks unlikely that we'll spend £25M on a Torres. Would you have Tevez assuming he was cheap? Tevez took a while to settle as you'd exepct but I think he'd be a good buy for £8M or so. For that we could probably have Huntlaar though.

Unread 31-03-2007, 11:00 PM
punk_football

Yes, I would love tevez to come, he would be my first choice

Unread 31-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Rhodzy

For under £10m, definitely

Unread 01-04-2007, 12:13 AM
borsuk

Default absolutely

but no chance because of the ownership issue. off to chelsea next season.

Unread 01-04-2007, 02:52 AM
shadowplay

Yes, i would like to see him in a red shirt.

Has the same mentality as wayne, and can be superb at times.

Won't happen, though.

Unread 01-04-2007, 02:59 AM
Tropical

Default What

everybody else already said.

Unread 01-04-2007, 04:41 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
but no chance because of the ownership issue. off to chelsea next season.
they said that about his pal maschereno but look what happened there.

and yes. have him in a heartbeat. has so much more to give than we've seen so far.

Unread 01-04-2007, 05:19 AM
tatty

We missed a trick with Maschereno. We could have brought him in risk free on loan for the rest of the season.

Unread 01-04-2007, 07:35 AM
Whalefish

He's apparently available for £8million.

Yes, I would. In a heartbeat.

Unread 01-04-2007, 10:48 AM
violater

id have him at the club in an instant.
he is playing how rooney should be playing.

a better prospect that ourwhite pele if you ask me.

cue to rooney fan club pointing out five yard passes made by rooney moves before one of the goals yesterday.

Unread 01-04-2007, 11:21 AM
Martian Paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
I agree with that.

Quote:
But not with that.

Unread 01-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Tropical

Default Ah, violet.

Quote:

cue to rooney fan club pointing out five yard passes made by rooney moves before one of the goals yesterday.
Dear violet. What a silly and spurious comparison.

Firstly, because if by some glad fortune we could have both vaguely similar, bullish, gifted forwards at our club, what earthly difference would it make which was the better prospect?

Secondly, because even though Rooney is out of form, to praise Tevez by denigrating Rooney is redundant and spiteful (What? the Tissuestas cry. Not our violet. Never.) Tevez stands or falls on his own qualities. Rooney's are irrelevant to the matter.

Thirdly, because Rooney remains a potential great for us and deserves better than this. Although he does need to stop getting so easily wound up. Reminds me a bit of someone, that.

Unread 01-04-2007, 12:36 PM
koppas

I have been plugging this all season. Someone on here said he was "shit" the other week.

Yes, he is shit.

Unread 01-04-2007, 01:32 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical
Secondly, because even though Rooney is out of form, to praise Tevez by denigrating Rooney is redundant and spiteful

Tevez stands or falls on his own qualities. Rooney's are irrelevant to the matter.

Rooney remains a potential great for us and deserves better than this.

Couldn't agree more.

The most purile opinion of the sheep-like football fan is to turn on a great player who is off form & rave about a player at another Club, who they've seen very little of - if anything in the flesh - & categorically state that he is better than what we've got.
It's so knee-jerk it's untrue.

I would bet everything I owned that Rooney is ten times (at least) the player Tevez is.

If Tevez was English nobody on here would want him, but because the 'Top Reds' smell a possible 'cult hero' they're convinced he's better than Rooney.
Very, very sad.
I expect better of United supporters.

Unread 01-04-2007, 01:33 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Couldn't agree more.

The most purile opinion of the sheep-like football fan is to turn on a great player who is off form & rave about a player at another Club, who they've seen very little of - if anything in the flesh - & categorically state that he is better than what we've got.
It's so knee-jerk it's untrue.

I would bet everything I owned that Rooney is ten times (at least) the player Tevez is.

If Tevez was English nobody on here would want him, but because the 'Top Reds' smell a possible 'cult hero' they're convinced he's better than Rooney.
Very, very sad.
I expect better of United supporters.

What a silly comment.

Unread 01-04-2007, 01:38 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
What a silly comment.
Why??

What has Tevez done that has elevated his status on this forum above that of Wayne Rooney's?????

If Rooney was Argentinian the people on here (& Redish) that rip him pieces after every game would be defending him to the hilt.
Fact.

Unread 01-04-2007, 01:45 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical

what earthly difference would it make which was the better prospect?

who said it makes a difference?
thats my opinion or am i not allowed to share it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

10 times...

i expect better evaluation.
10 times ffs!

are we is school?

how many "times" is ronaldo a better player than pennant? 8.25? 9.114?

Unread 01-04-2007, 01:49 PM
MUFC One Love

Vio, Rooney was immense for us before this season, and even though he'd had a bad time due to a few things he's still worked hard, scored, created and been involved. To say Tevez is a better prospect is ridiculous.

And as for the 10 times prediction, you are the original with your "Vio calculator" , if you remember?

Unread 01-04-2007, 01:51 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
10 times...

i expect better evaluation.
10 times ffs!

are we is school?

It's a figure of speech, not a mathematical matter of fact.

Rooney is as important to us as Ronaldo, anyone who thinks otherwise either has an agenda or they have only started watching United this season.

When Rooney rediscovers the form that saw him destroy Arsenal at Old Trafford on his own this time last season then a few people on here are going to look pretty stupid.

Unread 01-04-2007, 01:53 PM
MUFC One Love

Rooney carried us for a while when we had players out, people not performing etc. Suddenly Ronaldo has a good spell and Rooney is shite. Football is a fickle game and before you know it Rooney will be on fire, making people like Vio look stupid but that's not something new.

After all Gonzales is the best winger in the world and Liverpool have challenged.
Closed Thread