United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-03-2007, 03:11 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Evra should start.

3 good games from Gabby doesn't trump the season of good games that Evra has had.

I love Patty Evra.

I love the Senegalese Superman too but I think Gabby might be better against a physical Blackburn side and Paddy's injured too.

Unread 30-03-2007, 03:17 PM
TreeFiddy

He can't still be injured surely.

Unread 30-03-2007, 03:42 PM
Tiberian

VDS
Brown
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Ronaldo
Carrick
Scholes
Park
Giggs
Rooney

Assuming Saha is not ready, if he is he should play. Evra should start ahead of Heinze, his attacking threat could be crucial against a Blackburn team who may play defensively.

This game is a worry, 2 weeks of shite internationals, maybe 1 training session going into it. On the +side our midfield pair should be fresh, Giggs strolled through both games so should be ok.

Worry about Brown at right back, can not afford him diving in giving away his stupid free kicks all day with Pedersen's delivery.

Unread 30-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Part 36 Offer

I think he may rest Giggs with Roma in mind.

Unread 31-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i think so. he's soooooo dreamy.

4-1 united
Good shout that man

Unread 02-04-2007, 08:47 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Good shout that man
Yup, glad to see our shithouse support on here was wrong again.

Unread 02-04-2007, 10:16 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Yup, glad to see our shithouse support on here was wrong again.
Not quite.

I think most people's concerns were recognised. We just managed to rise above it.

Unread 02-04-2007, 10:21 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Not quite.

I think most people's concerns were recognised. We just managed to rise above it.
Which means we showed as I stated we would we were a far better team than them.

Unread 02-04-2007, 10:29 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Which means we showed as I stated we would we were a far better team than them.
Absolutely.

I think the outcome was somewhere in the middle, concerns-wise.

Many feared how Blackburn may perform and that was proved right. But not many had the faith that we would overcome it, but we did.

In recent weeks we have shown a real range to our game.

We've won well while playing well. We've won well while playing badly.

Saturday was different. We didn't really play badly in the first half, but found ourselves behind.

It would've been very easy to wallow in self pity and curse our luck due to the vidic injury and Friedel seemingly intent on thwarting us throughout.

But that's what losers do: Look up at the sky and tut that it's not their day.

%@#$&!s to that. We made sure it was our day.

We stayed calm throughout and just steamrollered them!

We've faced different kinds of test in recent weeks and we've passed them all. Like true champions do.

The next 5 games may offer other kinds of banana skins, but we look ready and don't look like blowing it.

Saturday was an outstanding response and nearly made perfect by Watford (credit to Chelsea, they just keep on doing that!)

If we win next weekend then we have two back to back home with only 4 wins needed. That would therefore be massive win. We're nearly there.

Unread 02-04-2007, 10:39 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Remaining PL fixtures - 5 wins required.

Portsmouth(a)
Sheff Utd(h)
Whining @#%&!wit £#%&!ers(h)
Everton(a)
Siddy(a)
Chewsea(a)
Wist 'am(h)

We really should win it at the Boo Camp.

Unread 02-04-2007, 10:47 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Portsmouth(a)
Sheff Utd(h)
Whining @#%&!wit £#%&!ers(h)
Everton(a)
Siddy(a)
Chewsea(a)
Wist 'am(h)

We really should win it at the Boo Camp.
All very winnable.

The key, for me, is how they're organised. If we can win at Portsmouth then we have two VERY winnable home games with so few wins needed. If those games were away, Chelsea may be looking for slip. But the insurance of two home games with 4 wins needed will be huge.

Each win brings us closer and we look more likely by the week. Portsmouth is a place we can realistically drop points so if we can overcome it, it's another massive step. Under the cirmustances it's probably our toughest looking game of the 5.

Our two home games are mirrored by Chelsea having back to back away games (Newcastle- they don't have a good record there. West Ham - improving and fighting for their lives). A 6 point lead going into that scenario will put massive pressure on two tricky aways for Chelsea

The closer we get, the more nervy Chelsea will get. They were visibly nervy at Watford on Saturday. They know one slip will see us home. So often the title is won by the other side bottling it under pressure.

Portsmouth will be very tricky after Roma and I expect the lead to be 3 going into it too.

Unread 02-04-2007, 10:51 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Portsmouth will be very tricky after Roma and I expect the lead to be 3 going into it too.
Portsmouth are shit though. Yes we'll be tired etc but as long as the weather's ok I think it should be a very comfortable afternoon.

Unread 02-04-2007, 10:57 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Portsmouth are shit though. Yes we'll be tired etc but as long as the weather's ok I think it should be a very comfortable afternoon.
I think we will too. The thing is, the 5 leading up to Chelsea are all very winnable. Everton are the best side, but still shit. It's only minor banana skins that can stop us.

Portsmouth: Decent home record. Decent record against us down there. Redknapp will get his tactics right, I'm sure.

Us: Potentially tired. Notoriously slow starters afer Europe. Potentially staring at our lead being halved.

That's all. It's a tricky one, but one I fully expect us to win. Early on is important. Don't want a Fulham-esque situation. Settle early and we should be far far too strong for them.......even if we rest 1 or 2.

Unread 02-04-2007, 01:57 PM
dodger

Quote:
.....even if we rest 1 or 2.
No! Rest them in the Roma game.

Unread 02-04-2007, 02:01 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
No! Rest them in the Roma game.
Ain't going to happen though is it?

The players most likely to be rested in general are Giggs and Scholes. Scholes is unlikely to be rested after a break and we can beat Portsmouth without Giggs. There'll be no resting at the back due to injury and I can see Ronnie playing every game now because he's in the zone and doesn't need resting.
Closed Thread