United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-05-2011, 02:01 PM
no fun

Default Sir Matt Busby Way to be pedestrianised

Manchester United Football Club has approval to carry out public-realm works on Sir Matt Busby Way in front of the stadium. The effect of this scheme will be to remove all through traffic (except for cyclists) from Sir Matt Busby Way which will create a new and safe public open space. These works are part of the wider strategy by MUFC to improve public safety in the immediate locality of the stadium.

Works are anticipated to commence on Tuesday 31 May 2011 when the Prohibition of Driving Order will be introduced.

Unread 27-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Fountz

Default Re: Sir Matt Busby Way to be pedestrianised

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Manchester United Football Club has approval to carry out public-realm works on Sir Matt Busby Way in front of the stadium. The effect of this scheme will be to remove all through traffic (except for cyclists) from Sir Matt Busby Way which will create a new and safe public open space. These works are part of the wider strategy by MUFC to improve public safety in the immediate locality of the stadium.

Works are anticipated to commence on Tuesday 31 May 2011 when the Prohibition of Driving Order will be introduced.
Not impressed.

Unread 27-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Lok

What's the point?

Unread 27-05-2011, 02:09 PM
moransbleedinghead

Quote:

weird, it's necessary for the few hours before and after a game, but can't see the point of it for the rest of the time. Wouldn't closing the road before and after the game have the same affect anyway, why waste money pedestrianising it.

Unread 27-05-2011, 02:11 PM
armchair

it's to do with gary's new project

Unread 27-05-2011, 02:41 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

I heard that it was so they could get rid off all the swag sellers/burger vans etc. Apparently they're planning on opening some cafe's, bars and a fan zone type of thing. It's all about them @#%&!s fleecing fans as much as poss. Fans safety my ringpeice.

Unread 27-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
I heard that it was so they could get rid off all the swag sellers/burger vans etc. Apparently they're planning on opening some cafe's, bars and a fan zone type of thing. It's all about them @#%&!s fleecing fans as much as poss. Fans safety my ringpeice.
exactly. They'll be some clause that because it's not an open thoroughfare it's private property so they can chuck em all off it

Unread 27-05-2011, 02:49 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up Re: Sir Matt Busby Way to be pedestrianised

pedestrianise all cities everywhere

Unread 27-05-2011, 02:52 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
the burger vans pay upwards of 2k per game pitch fee

the swag lads tend to have street trader licences, they would simply move on to railway rd or outside macaris

Unread 27-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Harold Bishop

Quote:

Where's that from? Can't see how they will close a public road.

Unread 27-05-2011, 03:04 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Bishop
Where's that from? Can't see how they will close a public road.

heres the original discussion

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereven...s_on_busby_way

cant reveal my sources as to the latest info, but scouts honour its kosher

Unread 27-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
Apart from Norwich.

Unread 27-05-2011, 03:58 PM
razzle

I値l be honest I知 dead against it. People forget that traders need access to DIXONS... They do say it値l help people in wheEEEeelchairs

Unread 27-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Fountz

Quote:
%@#$&!s to that.. Foot Fascist !!

Unread 27-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzle
I値l be honest I知 dead against it. People forget that traders need access to DIXONS... They do say it値l help people in wheEEEeelchairs
I'm almost certain you've made a joke but it's too late on a Friday to understand it. I'll simply reply with a:

Unread 27-05-2011, 05:08 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
%@#$&!s to that.. Foot Fascist !!

Unread 27-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Crumps

Yo Armchair

Ban Borsuk, that aint safe for fuking work. it disgusted and shocked me in equal measure and i'm in the barbers.

Shocking

Unread 27-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Crumps

Quote:
stick it in a fao thread or he'll never see it
I'll PM him

Unread 27-05-2011, 07:20 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

keeps the arse nice and firm though
More unsubtle hints about how good your arse is! I really didn't doubt it! I don't need this much proof Borsers! The jpegs were comprehensive!

Sure. It's good to be body proud. But there's confidence and there's arrogance.

We can't all pick up cherries whilst squatting. We can't all bounce pound coins off our clenched gyrating buttocks.

Doesn't make us lesser men...

:shakehead:

Unread 27-05-2011, 07:26 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
More unsubtle hints about how good your arse is! I really didn't doubt it! I don't need this much proof Borsers! The jpegs were comprehensive!

Sure. It's good to be body proud. But there's confidence and there's arrogance.

We can't all pick up cherries whilst squatting. We can't all bounce pound coins off our clenched gyrating buttocks.

Doesn't make us lesser men...

:shakehead:
lies

they were gifs ffs
Closed Thread