United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-07-2010, 12:08 AM
dunk

Default Re: Anyone been watching 'Football's Greatest' on Sky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Absolute %@#$&!s. Keys would name the club he played for then they'd re-hash some famous footage. Then name the club he moved to, show a few clips...and so on. His international career was covered in much the same simplistic manner. Terrible stuff.

Zico one was't much better, only worth it for a few interesting insights from a couple of Brazilian journalists.
Watched the Zico one today. Scored 500+ goals in Brazil they showed about 20. Socrates is £#%&!ing ace though

The Michael Laurdrup one is quite good, he was a £#%&!ing player, and he £#%&!ed the dippers off

Unread 05-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Sparky***

Default For Sky Anytime viewers: Football's Greatest - Ronaldo

The brazilian one. Still the best player i've seen in my lifetime.

NFT.

Unread 05-07-2010, 09:18 PM
dunk

Default Re: For Sky Anytime viewers: Football's Greatest - Ronaldo

Watched it yesterday. Not really the best programme you will see, but worth a watch.

Love him. Probably my favourite ever none United Player.

Unread 05-07-2010, 09:24 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: Anyone been watching 'Football's Greatest' on Sky?

The Phenomenon

During his Barca/Inter period, before the 1998 World Cup, he was the most destructive attacking force I've seen since a peak Maradona. You couldn't defend against him.

I've still not seen a player who could cary the ball at such speed, yet keep it so close to his body and under complete control. He was unreal.

Unread 05-07-2010, 09:27 PM
dunk

Quote:
The Phenomenon

During his Barca/Inter period, before the 1998 World Cup, he was the most destructive attacking force I've seen since a peak Maradona. You couldn't defend against him.

I've still not seen a player who could cary the ball at such speed, yet keep it so close to his body and under complete control. He was unreal.
You couldn't knock the £#%&!er over. Just too big, too strong and too determined. Amazing player.

Next to van Basten, possibly the biggest injury tragedy in the modern game, yet he still went on to score shitloads of goals when clearly immobile

As the guy said at the end, imagine what he could've been like if he took it seriously

Unread 05-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
The Phenomenon

It's a absolute tragedy that at 21 he began his long battle against injury.

His knees took a battering after that and he was still awesome but he was never that monster we saw at Barcelona, PSV and Inter.

Unread 05-07-2010, 09:32 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You couldn't knock the £#%&!er over. Just too big, too strong and too determined. Amazing player.

Next to van Basten, possibly the biggest injury tragedy in the modern game, yet he still went on to score shitloads of goals when clearly immobile

As the guy said at the end, imagine what he could've been like if he took it seriously
I think his career is even more impressive because of the way he came back from his injuries. He was sidelined with one injury or another for almost 4 years between World Cups. Made it it back for the Serie A run in in 2002 (Inter lost on the last day I think?). He wasn't even 50% of the player he had been before, but was still World Class Watching Ronaldo get the Golden Boot and win Brazil the 2002 World Cup in one of my favourite sporting moments and arguable the greatest comeback in sport I've seen. Inspirational stuff tbh.

Then moved to Madrid and pissed all over La Liga again

I'd rather have signed him last season then Owen. No wum.

Unread 05-07-2010, 09:33 PM
The Watcher

I love this picture

Unread 05-07-2010, 09:35 PM
dunk

Quote:
I think his career is even more impressive because of the way he came back from his injuries. He was sidelined with one injury or another for almost 4 years between World Cups. Made it it back for the Serie A run in in 2002 (Inter lost on the last day I think?). He wasn't even 50% of the player he had been before, but was still World Class Watching Ronaldo get the Golden Boot and win Brazil the 2002 World Cup in one of my favourite sporting moments and arguable the greatest comeback in sport I've seen. Inspirational stuff tbh.

Then moved to Madrid and pissed all over La Liga again

Same, I supported Ronaldo in 2002, didn't give a £#%&! about teams, just wanted Ronaldo to score loads and win the trophy. Loved it when he managed it.

I would take him now tbh, I still keep hoping we'll sign him, even on 1 leg at 16 stone

A true legend. When we are older and the kids ask us about him, we won't be able to express how good he was.

Unread 05-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Sparky***

That man could go round a goalkeeper with his eyes shut.

Unread 05-07-2010, 09:40 PM
redmike

Quote:

Absolutely, even now Ronaldo would score a hatful of goals in our league.

Agree with all the comments about him, my Favourite non utd player of the last 20 years.

Unread 05-07-2010, 09:42 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Same, I supported Ronaldo in 2002, didn't give a £#%&! about teams, just wanted Ronaldo to score loads and win the trophy. Loved it when he managed it.

I would take him now tbh, I still keep hoping we'll sign him, even on 1 leg at 16 stone

A true legend. When we are older and the kids ask us about him, we won't be able to express how good he was.
Was it against Recreativo that the wonder goal was scored?

That season, £#%&!ing hell

Unread 05-07-2010, 09:43 PM
dunk

Quote:

I love this picture
It actually looks like he is moving Great picture.

Unread 05-07-2010, 09:48 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Was it against Recreativo that the wonder goal was scored?

That season, £#%&!ing hell
The one where Bobby Ronbson just stands there stunned, as all the subs go apeshit?

Unread 05-07-2010, 09:52 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
The one where Bobby Ronbson just stands there stunned, as all the subs go apeshit?
Me too tbh

Incredible.

(cant find the £#%&!er on YouTube)

Unread 05-07-2010, 10:05 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Me too tbh

Incredible.

(cant find the £#%&!er on YouTube)

It'll be in this.

Unread 05-07-2010, 10:05 PM
dunk

Gabriel Batistuta at 10.30pm today

Unread 05-07-2010, 10:13 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
No. 8 never seen that before!

Quote:
Gabriel Batistuta at 10.30pm today
Another one of my football idols I £#%&!ing worshiped that man when he played for the Viola! Legend

Unread 05-07-2010, 10:15 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
That's it, number 1.

Robson = " "

£#%&!ing brilliant, awesome player.

Unread 05-07-2010, 10:16 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
No. 8 never seen that before!

Another one of my football idols I £#%&!ing worshiped that man when he played for the Viola! Legend
Him and Rui Costa
Closed Thread