United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:18 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™
did we not need a draw agaisnt benfica last time...

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:18 PM
violater

a uefa cup run will be fun though

playing on thurdays,how embarassing.

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Qwertyuiop

That Copenhagen team is looking more and more %@#$&!ated.

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:25 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
JFK has been shot and is dead also.

Lee somebody did it.

my point being that in the thread someone stated we were still top of our group. please read before replying with sarcasm, it saves embarrasment later

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:25 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyuiop
That Copenhagen team is looking more and more %@#$&!ated.
im just hoping the uefa cup is secure....

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:27 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
my point being that in the thread someone stated we were still top of our group. please read before replying with sarcasm, it saves embarrasment later
Why are you embarrassed?

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:32 PM
chorleyred

honestly? i'm embarrased that i'm even stooping to your level and having this conversation with you

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Red Caz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
Our squad is so small - tiny in terms of quality - that if we went out I wouldn't cry my eyes out.
Indeed, plus Jose's under far more pressure to win the CL than the Premiership....

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:36 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
here's the simple facts guys - our squad isn't good enough to win the champions league.

We have a very good first 11. that's it. did you see our bench tonight? Not one striker. Not one.

And we're going to win the champions league by bringing on John o'shea? do me a £#%&!ing favour.

Lets just thankgod we're top of the league at home and concentrate on that - our manager lost the plot in europe about 7 years ago. forget it.
with a squad as thin as fergie's post-match excuses we have a better chance in a knockout cup than an nine-month league, i'd say.

can you avoid mentioning o'pie? please?

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:41 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
honestly? i'm embarrased that i'm even stooping to your level and having this conversation with you

Stop then.............

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:46 PM
Red Caz

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

Stop then.............
Now now gentlemen.

Unread 22-11-2006, 01:06 AM
Ether

I'm shaking my head at those of you saying 'we haven't got a good enough squad to win the Champions League, so it doesn't really matter'

I'm sure Sir Matt would be proud that his spirit lives on.......

Unread 22-11-2006, 01:16 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
I'm shaking my head at those of you saying 'we haven't got a good enough squad to win the Champions League, so it doesn't really matter'
Agree. Would a thin squad not be more vulnerable over the long grind of the League anyway? Everyone seems to accept we can win the League but not the European Cup.

Lesser squads than ours have won the Champions League in recent years. Very recent years.

Unread 22-11-2006, 09:52 AM
El Calafate

Benfica are shite. they were shite last year too. the fact is utd don't have a stong enough squad. even when we go through, we'll only make the quaters imo. nft.

Unread 22-11-2006, 10:41 AM
steve-07

Benfica are going to be really up for the game. They have to win to qualify so are gonna come flying at us. We only need the draw so fregie will not want us to be too risky.
Closed Thread