pogba

sanchez - martial

better than perfect.
go £#%&! yourself

Unread 23-01-2018, 06:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Red
Saw a BBC report this morning where their chief footie reporter said that this signing was an indication of 'United's desperation'.
Hoping some piss will be boiled very soon.
Do name and shame, please.

Unread 23-01-2018, 06:18 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
go £#%&! yourself
you think that means he's too deep for his trademark jink inside before the left-foot curler to the far post? good point.

I'm assuming we have a thrusting wing-back on the right to complement shaw on the left (bailly and tuanzers in the middle, obvs).

Unread 23-01-2018, 06:19 PM
Sparky***

Dunk getting his bid in for bedwetter of the year early I see.

Unread 23-01-2018, 06:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Dunk getting his bid in for bedwetter of the year early I see.
You are the perennial winner.

I didn’t say anything remotely bedwettery btw. Merely asked a question wrt his best position. All the reactionary £#%&!wits then came wading in waggling their topredness around, boring the shit out of the World.

Unread 23-01-2018, 08:55 PM
Clarkie

Unread 23-01-2018, 09:03 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
The one problem (aside from his age) is that Sanchez is another attacker who prefers playing anywhere but on the right hand side

Mata is literally the only one who is seemingly happy to play out there
I'd put Sanchez on the right. He was there not only for Barca but also Udinese iirc. He's perhaps a little more unpredictable there too. And looking in practical terms, Martial appears to now finally be being given an extended run off the left, which is clearly where he should be playing. Potentially devastating wide pairing, especially on the break. Not sure it's great news for Rashford, mind.

Unread 23-01-2018, 09:08 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I'd put Sanchez on the right. He was there not only for Barca but also Udinese iirc. He's perhaps a little more unpredictable there too. And looking in practical terms, Martial appears to now finally be being given an extended run off the left, which is clearly where he should be playing. Potentially devastating wide pairing, especially on the break. Not sure it's great news for Rashford, mind.
won't make a lot of difference to rashers. mou is carefully cultivating the myth that he and martial are the same person ("well, you never see them on the pitch at the same time, do you?" ). would rather see martial and sanchez having quite free roles. it's only lukaku dictating wide men. no need to play lukaku.

Unread 23-01-2018, 09:10 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
If he continues to play like he is, it makes no difference at all.

Unread 23-01-2018, 09:14 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
won't make a lot of difference to rashers. mou is carefully cultivating the myth that he and martial are the same person ("well, you never see them on the pitch at the same time, do you?" ). would rather see martial and sanchez having quite free roles. it's only lukaku dictating wide men. no need to play lukaku.
Yeah, it's just that the right has been a problem spot for us for a long time. I think Guardiola suggested recently that Sanchez is more suited to a drifting central role, which suggests that's where the player has intimated he wants to play.

Not sure how you fit that in with Martial and Lingard, though. Mata is certainly one you feel could miss out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
He's allowed bad spells.

Well, maybe he's not. And that's the problem. United would do really well not to £#%&! up the best talent they've produced in 25 years.

Unread 23-01-2018, 09:16 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Agree with that.

Sanchez would slot in absolutely fine on the right, and as you say it makes him a bit more unpredictable. On the left he generally tends to cut in every time. He’ll have the option to go either way from the right side. Admittedly it’s a bit harder to score when you’re a right footer cutting in off the right, particularly the way we play, so I think what we’ll probably see is his goal return going down a bit but his assists going up to more than compensate.

Also think Mou will like the idea of having a hard worker on the right. Imagine Alexis and Big Tone bombing up that flank in tandem, you’d absolutely shit it as a left back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

Unread 23-01-2018, 09:28 PM
jem

Quote:
Yeah, it's just that the right has been a problem spot for us for a long time. I think Guardiola suggested recently that Sanchez is more suited to a drifting central role, which suggests that's where the player has intimated he wants to play.

Not sure how you fit that in with Martial and Lingard, though. Mata is certainly one you feel could miss out.
I have absolutely no doubt that mata will be the one missing out and sanchez will probably play on the right.

however, I would like to see a proper midfield, pogba pushed up and lukaku dropped. it's never going to happen. but that's because mourinho is a dick.

Unread 23-01-2018, 09:29 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Agree with that.

Sanchez would slot in absolutely fine on the right, and as you say it makes him a bit more unpredictable. On the left he generally tends to cut in every time. He’ll have the option to go either way from the right side. Admittedly it’s a bit harder to score when you’re a right footer cutting in off the right, particularly the way we play, so I think what we’ll probably see is his goal return going down a bit but his assists going up to more than compensate.

Also think Mou will like the idea of having a hard worker on the right. Imagine Alexis and Big Tone bombing up that flank in tandem, you’d absolutely shit it as a left back

I can see him scoring a lot away from home. Sanchez is an excellent counter attacking player (I recall at one stage in Barcelona they criticised him for not being as good when he doesn't have space ahead of him) and you consider the prospect of Martial, Lukaku and Sanchez breaking and it's frightening. Could make us extremely dangerous in Europe against one of the more attacking sides, if we can get the defensive organisation right.

Unread 23-01-2018, 09:38 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I have absolutely no doubt that mata will be the one missing out and sanchez will probably play on the right.

however, I would like to see a proper midfield, pogba pushed up and lukaku dropped. it's never going to happen. but that's because mourinho is a dick.
So you’re saying your front 6 would be a zesty front 3 of Alexis, Rashers and Tony ‘Boney’ M in front of Poggers, Matic and a zesty other midfielder/good passer?

Sounds good tbph.

Unread 23-01-2018, 09:39 PM
ScarFace

Unread 23-01-2018, 09:39 PM
Bunker Buster

Can’t wait to see him play tbh....

Unread 23-01-2018, 09:43 PM
ScarFace

Unread 23-01-2018, 09:43 PM
20 times

Mou is building a top top team

Unread 23-01-2018, 09:45 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
So you’re saying your front 6 would be a zesty front 3 of Alexis, Rashers and Tony ‘Boney’ M in front of Poggers, Matic and a zesty other midfielder/good passer?

Sounds good tbph.
well... I published my front six above, but....

I like tony "boney" m, though, so... kudos, brah.

Unread 23-01-2018, 09:46 PM
RedMenace

What odds there’ll be some numpties spotted wearing ‘Atom’ or ‘Humber’ shirts?

Gorgeous dogs, mind you.
Closed Thread