United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Rossi the Red

Has he evewr played gabby centre half this season? Only time i can remember is that celebratory game against europe XI

Unread 01-04-2007, 03:02 PM
chorleyred

he won't risk playing a formation that he's never used before in a cl 1/4 final away in italy.

he will leave heinze at left back and brown at centre half

Unread 01-04-2007, 03:05 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
he won't risk playing a formation that he's never used before in a cl 1/4 final away in italy.

he will leave heinze at left back and brown at centre half
That makes sense to be fair.

Unread 01-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Hopskipjump

Just hope gabby keeps his cool,tends to get wound up far to often tbh

Unread 01-04-2007, 10:12 PM
jem's kind streak

Default I think

we should consider ourselves lucky to be able to play o'shea - snoop - brown - heinze. brown seems to have become quite underrated at centre-half recently (since the emergence of bobby hill). o'shea is adequate too.

I'd be more worried about saha being fit.

Unread 01-04-2007, 10:40 PM
S/Side.Red

There are a few things to consider when selecting the back four because Roma are a very unorthodox side. They don't play with a recognised centre-forward - it's just Totti supported by lots of runners from midfield. A lot of their goals come from working the ball through the channels to the likes of Mancini and Taddei.

I think our full-backs will be very important. Mancini has so much skill and speed that I'd worry about him up against the likes of Heinze or O'Shea. I'd say Evra and Brown would offer the athleticism, pace and tackling abilities to deal with him more effectively.

Brown--Ferdinand--Heinze--Evra.

Hopefully Patrice is fit.

Agree that Saha would be a big boost, too. They've got great centre-backs and Saha could make the difference.
Closed Thread