United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-08-2009, 11:31 AM
MUFC One Love

Walcott is developing well imo, very good player.

Unread 03-08-2009, 11:34 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Agreed.He's very hit and miss but he's, what, 20?

Good player who'll get better.

Unread 03-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Well if he learnt to control the ball he could go places.

Unread 03-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Well if he learnt to control the ball he could go places.
Has great pace but not much skill on the ball.

Unread 03-08-2009, 12:22 PM
berba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
England's 'golden generation' was between 2002 - 2006. We should have been to at least a major final in that time if it wasn't for Sven and Dutch Schteve. We had some great players at the top of their game in those years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
True, but the players were limited in as much as they could play the "English" way & that was it. I firmly believe the players we have now are more talented & versatile.

Nice little article on stereo-types from Tim Vickery on the BBC site
absolutely. even with england's golden generation most of the players were either one-dimensional or tactically not able to suit different formations like terry, lampard or owen. Bar rio, gerrard and rooney none were that good technically anyways. joe cole flattered to deceive, lampard hit and miss, walcott hit and run, carragher/terry hoof and hoof etc

Add to that a woeful forward line with only rooney to depend upon, I didn't think england had much of a chance irrespective of the managers.

But the next generations seems to be different. At least by their showing in youth matches both for club and country.

welbeck, rodwell, lansbury, wilshere (sp?), james, gosling to name a few.

Unread 29-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Rossi the Red

Default Re: Jack Wilshere

I know my shit tbf.

Unread 29-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Crumps

Thumbs up Re: Jack Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
I know my shit tbf.

Reported

Unread 29-03-2011, 03:59 PM
beansy

Quote:
I know my shit tbf.

Where you been pal?

Get koppas back on here, proper saw his fat arse.

Unread 29-03-2011, 04:04 PM
dinger

Quote:
I know my shit tbf.

Not really mate, he had a great tournament then and was brilliant in that game, Ginners on the other hand predicted he'd be an England regular within 3 years.

Unread 29-03-2011, 05:46 PM
The Return of JC

The fact that he's a gobby little mong aside, he really is a fantastic player. Sometimes other clubs just have wonderful players, guys. It's ok to say it. Sometimes it's just right there in front of you. Don't have to like them or it. Sometimes they're clubs we don't like too. Hype is annoying, but it doesn't mean it's not justified.

I think this is the best midfielder I've seen, at this age, that England have produced since Gascoigne.

Unread 29-03-2011, 05:53 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
The fact that he's a gobby little mong aside, he really is a fantastic player. Sometimes other clubs just have wonderful players, guys. It's ok to say it. Sometimes it's just right there in front of you. Don't have to like them or it. Sometimes they're clubs we don't like too. Hype is annoying, but it doesn't mean it's not justified.

I think this is the best midfielder I've seen, at this age, that England have produced since Gascoigne.
No. There's nothing much of my fantasies about the way he plays. He's a good solid player, very good for his age. But that's it.

Unread 29-03-2011, 05:58 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
No. There's nothing much of my fantasies about the way he plays. He's a good solid player, very good for his age. But that's it.
Agree to disagree. I think he's a gem.

Unread 29-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
+1

Unread 29-03-2011, 07:03 PM
mazza

I do not understand how people can question his ability for his age and experience.
£#%&! me if he played for UTD he would be the best for his age in the world right now.

I wish anderson had half the mobility and consistency of talent that Jack has shown thus far.

Some people are simply lying to themselves. end of.

Unread 29-03-2011, 07:09 PM
redhegemony

He is very neat and tidy and has developed well alongside Fabregas. What will be interesting is next season when coaches have had a good look at him and work out how best to tie him up. Same with Bale.

Unread 29-03-2011, 07:17 PM
mazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
He is very neat and tidy and has developed well alongside Fabregas. What will be interesting is next season when coaches have had a good look at him and work out how best to tie him up. Same with Bale.
Thats a bit unfair to the lad TBH.
The game against Barca when Arsenals midfield took an hammering he was there best player at times. which is something for a young lad.

agreee with the second point tho, but that is the case with every young player, maintaining that consistency particularly as people get wise to their game.

Unread 29-03-2011, 07:31 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazza
I do not understand how people can question his ability for his age and experience.
£#%&! me if he played for UTD he would be the best for his age in the world right now.

I wish anderson had half the mobility and consistency of talent that Jack has shown thus far.

Some people are simply lying to themselves. end of.
Spot on. Some if it is just sheer bias. If he was a red, nobody would think he was overrated/overhyped. We'd just think he was off to Madrid in the summer instead.

Unread 29-03-2011, 07:41 PM
jem

wilshere is good, but he wouldn't get into our midfield ahead of sneijder or schweinsteiger.

Unread 29-03-2011, 09:26 PM
dunk

Thumbs up Re: Jack Wilshere

Anyone watching tonight?

I'm glad we've got no-one playing, Ghana are kicking the shit out of England

Ghana have been the better team for the vast majority of the time.

Unread 29-03-2011, 09:32 PM
mazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Anyone watching tonight?

I'm glad we've got no-one playing, Ghana are kicking the shit out of England

Ghana have been the better team for the vast majority of the time.
I do not watch them. but I cannot remember the last time I heard that they played well. (forget Wales they are a poorer version of England)
Closed Thread