United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 09:27 AM
koppas ...

Angry Jus got back from the station where I was meant to be catching a train to Manchester

Some selfish, utter c*** decided to jump in front of a train and caused the 0747 Basingstoke - Manchester train to be cancelled and the next one wasn't arriving in Mancunia until 1247.

Words cannot tell you how f***ed off I am.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:51 AM
rebelcountyred ...

i pity the lads from the fire brigade who have the job of cleaning the track, not nice.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:54 AM
Bunker Buster ...

Gutted for you mate. Why didn't you get the later one?

You only would have missed 20 minutes at the most.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:56 AM
koppas ...

I was told that I should jump on a train to Reading if I sprinter so me, and Rossithered, sprinted it to see it just pull away. The next train wouldn't get us to Piccadilly until 1249 which is no good as the game would've started and wouldn't even be at OT.

f***ing gutted as I can sense a drubbing today.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Bunker Buster ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
I was told that I should jump on a train to Reading if I sprinter so me, and Rossithered, sprinted it to see it just pull away. The next train wouldn't get us to Piccadilly until 1249 which is no good as the game would've started and wouldn't even be at OT.

Unlucky mate.

Pub get smashed (excuse the pun) is what i recommend.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:58 AM
koppas ...

I don't even want to watch it as I'll get depressed - although back on the 27th for Boro but not the same. I fee like crying.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:58 AM
wiganste ...

Quote:

10 mins in a cab from Picc. You'd have only missed the first 15 mins.

But what a c***s trick it is throwing yourself under a train.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:01 AM
koppas ...

I know ste but was meeting Gambo there as he had our tickets. I'll still give him for the money and everything but its just f***ed me off all that money, and train tickets, for nowt. Defo getting a refund from Virgin Trains though.

Agree about the train thing. The driver will be scarred for life. Utter shithouse.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Fat Al ...

Quote:
I know ste but was meeting Gambo there as he had our tickets. I'll still give him for the money and everything but its just f***ed me off all that money, and train tickets, for nowt. Defo getting a refund from Virgin Trains though.

Agree about the train thing. The driver will be scarred for life. Utter shithouse.
Had a mate who was a train driver. Told me about a fellow driver who was driving a train when a pregnant woman jumped off a bridge in front of him. She hit the windscreen of the train.

The driver had a complete breakdown. When my mate told me about it, it was 3 or 4 years after it happened and the driver was still in a mental hospital.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:09 AM
koppas ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Had a mate who was a train driver. Told me about a fellow driver who was driving a train when a pregnant woman jumped off a bridge in front of him. She hit the windscreen of the train.

The driver had a complete breakdown. When my mate told me about it, it was 3 or 4 years after it happened and the driver was still in a mental hospital.
f***ing hell mate, thats harsh. Amazes me when people do it so publicly. I don't know if anyone has ever been to Woking, but there is a f*** off big multi storey car park on top of Toy's R Us. It got a name for people "jumping off Toys R Us" and some f***wit decided do it at midday one afternoon. My mate saw the blood on the floor and it f***s it up even now - but to have seen the impact. Well, doesn't bear thinking about.
Closed Thread