United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 20-03-2024, 03:19 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
he's not. he's just that perfect storm of absolute stupidity combined with being a dick head of a person.

Unread 20-03-2024, 03:19 PM
Msgr A Brook

Is this the 'how to suck every last bit of joy out of football thread'. Sunday was a great day, that's it, no need to get all Kant about it. Analyse it too much and you get to the conclusion that non of it means anything.

Unread 20-03-2024, 03:24 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
You’ve got 78000 posts on a Manchester United forum. It’s a very strange flex to then laugh at United fans for enjoying a win against the scousers, as though you’ve got better things to be doing with your time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Of course it's a scouser that manages to derail a thread about a game like Sunday where everyone was generally in agreement that it was a great day. Ycnmiu.

I was at United for a game versus Chelsea in 2005. Darren Fletcher won it and the atmosphere was one of the best I've ever experienced at United. Everyone was £#%&!ing buzzing because Chelsea were brilliant and were defending Champions. Chelsea went on to win the league. Using Bellers logic, I should've just binned that memory as being great the moment we didn't go on to win the league? Is that the thinking?

How many incredible games can we now call shite because they didn't result in us winning that competition?

Unread 20-03-2024, 03:26 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Well Jeff United will have a couple of big names returning from injury and it’s their last chance of a trophy this season so I expect them to give it a good go, but Liverpool have the momentum and their young players seem to be able to cope at this level

0-2 Liverpool
You can claim an assist In United's win if you want as you seem to have grasped how the reverse curse works on United Forum's

Unread 20-03-2024, 03:28 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill
You can claim an assist In United's win if you want as you seem to have grasped how the reverse curse works on United Forum's
Nah, he just doesn't know ball ....

Unread 20-03-2024, 03:29 PM
Fat Al

Only on here could a fantastic game like Sundays end up causing infighting

I £#%&!ing love this place.

Unread 20-03-2024, 03:33 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Think we’ll win. Weirdly.

Still pissed off that we find a way of giving them 9,000 tickets. The scouse will be embarrassingly loud today.

Let’s hope us winning shuts the £#%&!ers up.

Have opted out of cup matches but applied for this one and got chubbed. I’m a platinum ST holder. Wtaf.
I totely agree with you & Barney Chilton was quite rightly making that same point on his Brilliant Red News podcast last Sunday

Unread 20-03-2024, 03:34 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
1997. We won the league at home. Not sure if we won or someone else lost. I can only remember because the players had sweatshirts on. Couldn't be arsed putting their shirts on. I was there. Can't remember who we played.
I think that was the trophy presentation. Turns out we won it without playing when Newcastle drew at West Ham and the vermin lost at Wimbledon.

(44:04 on here)

Pally's two goals at the Kop
(Obviously didn't celebrate them until we won the league a month later)

Unread 20-03-2024, 03:35 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al

Fantastic game?! What the £#%&! were YOU watching?!

Unread 20-03-2024, 03:35 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Oh well even if it was an accidental revers curse he can still claim an assist as can a few on the 1st page of this thread

Unread 20-03-2024, 03:38 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Meanwhile the 6-2 win at Arsenal in the league cup is iconic, even though we lost in the final to Sheffield Wednes @#%&!ing day .
Sharpey

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

I was at United for a game versus Chelsea in 2005. Darren Fletcher won it and the atmosphere was one of the best I've ever experienced at United. Everyone was £#%&!ing buzzing because Chelsea were brilliant and were defending Champions. Chelsea went on to win the league. Using Bellers logic, I should've just binned that memory as being great the moment we didn't go on to win the league? Is that the thinking?
Yep, was there for that and often cite it as one of the best atmospheres I’ve been at. Everyone singing their hearts out in the tunnels on the way out.

Poor Bellers, probably could make a bit of a case not to get too carried away but as per Brook, think too deeply like that and all of it is pointless.

Anyway, we need whiffle like this to keep us going through the intl. break.

Unread 20-03-2024, 03:42 PM
no fun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Quote:
Oh well even if it was an accidental revers curse he can still claim an assist as can a few on the 1st page of this thread
Tbh the whole thrill of the victory has been soured because I got the score wrong

Unread 20-03-2024, 03:50 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Classic Riccers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al

Well, it's just believe being mental because he's got sand in his @#%&! again.

Unread 20-03-2024, 04:26 PM
Ethers

Believe’s just bitter because the game going to extra time meant he overstayed the reservation for his bottomless brunch.

Unread 20-03-2024, 04:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
1997. We won the league at home. Not sure if we won or someone else lost. I can only remember because the players had sweatshirts on. Couldn't be arsed putting their shirts on. I was there. Can't remember who we played.
West Ham last game of the season. We’d already won the league because Newcastle drew.

Weird atmosphere because the end of the season felt like an anti climax because of the Dortmund semi final the month before.

Mad when you think about it now.

Unread 20-03-2024, 05:22 PM
suedeshoes

Me not being able to remember certain matches says a bit about my brain injury, quite a bit about how much we won all the time and more than a bit about how inebriated I used to get at the match.

Unread 20-03-2024, 05:25 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
West Ham last game of the season. We’d already won the league because Newcastle drew.

Weird atmosphere because the end of the season felt like an anti climax because of the Dortmund semi final the month before.

Mad when you think about it now.
Was also a bit of a letdown not being in the FA Cup final that year

Unread 21-03-2024, 04:29 AM
Offerington

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Fantastic game?! What the £#%&! were YOU watching?!
Never seen Magic like this. He has been relentlessly ruthless on the lad from Wazza...

Unread 23-03-2024, 11:46 AM
Dr Stranger

The Premier League’s greatest centre back 👍

Unread 23-03-2024, 12:01 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
https://x.com/pgaskell13/status/1771...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

The Premier League’s greatest centre back 👍
Still enjoying it are we