United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up Owen 'The Cougar' Hargreaves

Sorry Teville, thought something as good as that deserved a wider audience.

From now on, he IS 'The Cougar'

Quote:
I actually just did a google search on Candian Mountain Lion, as I didn't know if there was such a creature. It turns out there is, its also called a Cougar.

From Wiki:

A capable stalk-and-ambush predator, (defensive midfielder) the cougar (aka Candian Mountain Lion, aka Owen Hargreaves) pursues a wide variety of prey. Primary food sources include ungulates such as deer and bighorn sheep (like League Cup games in Cardiff), as well as domestic cattle (Lampards), horses (Ruuds), and sheep (Leeds), particularly in the northern part of its range, but it hunts species as small as insects (Mikel) and rodents (Scousers, obviously). It prefers habitats with dense underbrush (have you seen his new Mrs) and rocky areas for stalking, but it can live in open areas. The cougar is territorial and persists at low population densities (he doesn't mind a spell in the reserves). Individual territory sizes depend on terrain, vegetation, and abundance of prey. While it is a large predator, it is not always the dominant species in its range (at present he is behind Carrick, Scholes and Anderson in the pecking order), as when it competes for prey with animals such as the gray wolf (Tevez), black bear (Nani, obviously), and the grizzly bear (Wazza). It is a reclusive cat and usually avoids people (and is sometimes late for meetings). Attacks on humans remain rare, despite a recent increase in frequency.[4]

make of it will you will, Owen doubters. From now on he'll be Owen 'The Cougar' Hargreaves in this cats book.

Unread 06-04-2008, 02:26 PM
BarryX

A most humbling moment in my forum days

Now bring the Couger on against this shower of shit and watch him ROAR.

Unread 06-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Jez Quigley

Default May I call you

Barry

I agree - Utd have a (bit of a) mountain to climb in this 2nd half and who better than our own resident cool cat to sort it out?

SEE the Boro @#%&! cower.

FEEL the power of his 4 limbs

SMELL the lovely coat he has

HEAR the centuries of cougar purring he has under his genetic belt.

Sir Alex - if you are reading this right now. Get the Cougar Signal on to the nearest Smogland cloud. Only he can stop the rot.

Fetch ...... [SIZE="6"]The Cougar

Unread 06-04-2008, 02:46 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Barry

I agree - Utd have a (bit of a) mountain to climb in this 2nd half and who better than our own resident cool cat to sort it out?

SEE the Boro @#%&! cower.

FEEL the power of his 4 limbs

SMELL the lovely coat he has

HEAR the centuries of cougar purring he has under his genetic belt.

Sir Alex - if you are reading this right now. Get the Cougar Signal on to the nearest Smogland cloud. Only he can stop the rot.

Fetch ...... [SIZE="6"]The Cougar
AMEN to that.

Unread 06-04-2008, 03:39 PM
BarryX

The Cougar purred his way through those last 20 minutes. Such a shame Rooney's header didn't squirm in. Still, I reserve the right to shamelessy take this thread BTTT as when those lambsget slaughtered.

Unread 06-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Jez Quigley

Default Teville

I salute you for this - I will also bttt this thread when TC puts an early reducer on Ballack, places Obi Won Kenobi in his pocket and then rasps in a 30 yard screamer come that wonderful day in May in Moscow.

TC - he's the coolest cat indeed

Unread 06-04-2008, 03:42 PM
armchair

Park the snow leopard

Unread 06-04-2008, 03:45 PM
ralph

Great stuff Jez, the Cougar it is then

i do love his silky hair as well

Unread 06-04-2008, 03:48 PM
BarryX

Tc.
Nft.

Unread 10-04-2008, 07:15 AM
Jez Quigley

Default Oh yes

Teville and the Quigster sitting in a tree
Thinking of the Cougar - rubbing hands with glee
Tearing apart the Romans, going to tear apart the spicks
As my S African missus say, "he pleys leak Dayvid Bicks"

What a player! What a performance! What a man beast!

When does he ever let us down on the big games? He rose to the challenge in Japorea and Germany for England, CL winner against Valencia for Bayern and HE will ensure victory for us this year in 2 competitions.

The Cougar. The Legend

Unread 10-04-2008, 07:57 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Hate to be a spoiler but hargreaves will be all ready familiar with the term 'cougar' because it's the name given to middle age women that go after younger men for a £#%&! in Canada. No doubt Hargreaves has bagged himself a couple of 'cougars' in his time.

I'm pretty sure Hargreaves wont want to be referred to as a 'Cougar'

Unread 10-04-2008, 08:10 AM
Gog Coch

Just when I'm thinking of selling my Cougar. One owner - any bids?

Unread 10-04-2008, 08:36 AM
red red robbo

Not seen that before Teville, brilliant

Unread 10-04-2008, 08:39 AM
BarryX

Default Cougar Domination.

It was no real suprise to see this thread BTTT'd so soon. It was a suprise to read Jez's sonnet, mind, and can I just say I find it deeply moving.

With regards Lou's statement, I actually think this just adds to the billions of reasons why the name works so well. With his model looks and curly brown hair, Owen looks more like a middle aged woman than anyone else in the squad. He also can pick up any young footballer (on the park so to speak).

Unread 10-04-2008, 08:40 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Teville and the Quigster sitting in a tree
Thinking of the Cougar - rubbing hands with glee
Tearing apart the Romans, going to tear apart the spicks
As my S African missus say, "he pleys leak Dayvid Bicks"

What a player! What a performance! What a man beast!

Unread 10-04-2008, 09:02 AM
antonin jablonsky

The Cougar was £#%&!ing brilliant last night. Pace, aggression, class had the lot, sorta reminded me of Robbo at times which was slightly shocking.

Unread 10-04-2008, 09:04 AM
MUFC One Love

Last night could have made him at United. I think he will 100% play in the Nou Camp now, and depending on the result probably O.T in the 2nd leg.

Carrick was superb again, we really are blessed with a wealth of midfield talent, so many different options and they adapt really well.

Unread 10-04-2008, 09:07 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Last night could have made him at United. I think he will 100% play in the Nou Camp now, and depending on the result probably O.T in the 2nd leg.

Carrick was superb again, we really are blessed with a wealth of midfield talent, so many different options and they adapt really well.
Nice to see Anderson return to some form too. We really are strong in midfield now.

Unread 10-04-2008, 09:11 AM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Nice to see Anderson return to some form too. We really are strong in midfield now.
We were last night

Unread 10-04-2008, 09:23 AM
ralph

I like the cougar nick name Jez, i think you now have to begin an internet campaign to get cougar chanted at O.T, can you imagine that! hearing ' cougar cougar' from your p.c in your wooden hut in Libya.Dreams can come true
Closed Thread