United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-12-2015, 10:48 PM
Jez Quigley

Exclamation Luke Shaw - the turning point

Seriously - looking at where we are now, jeez, losing Luke Shaw was a massive loss.

Who'd have thought that at the start of the year?

Throw in Valencia - without whom I've always said Rooney is nothing more than a baked potato - and I reckon that has been the key to our dull recent games.

Unread 31-12-2015, 10:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Seriously - looking at where we are now, jeez, losing Luke Shaw was a massive loss.

Who'd have thought that at the start of the year?

Throw in Valencia - without whom I've always said Rooney is nothing more than a baked potato - and I reckon that has been the key to our dull recent games.
When you consider that our fullbacks play a huge part in our attacking play then yes, we are being hindered massively by our options at full back.

Unread 31-12-2015, 10:55 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
When you consider that our fullbacks play a huge part in our attacking play then yes, we are being hindered massively by our options at full back.
Just think Shaw, So Shaw and Valencia offered different but effective threats down the flanks.

I know Valencia isn't everybody's cup of tea but he was a tough, fast bastard and would pose more challenging questions than Jeremy Paxman.

As for Shaw, So Shaw - it's a bloody nightmare. It's remarkable just his much his talents set everybody else off.

Unread 31-12-2015, 10:56 PM
Mr_Ed

I think it's the strips. Have we won in black yet?

Unread 31-12-2015, 11:03 PM
Barcabal

Overlap loss was massive

Unread 31-12-2015, 11:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcabal
Overlap loss was massive
I was at the newcastle game earlier in the season and there was at least the start of a half decent partnership between him and Memphis down that left side. Shaw was fantastic, his start to the season was as good as i've seen any United player in some time.

Unread 31-12-2015, 11:09 PM
Barcabal

Quote:
I was at the newcastle game earlier in the season and there was at least the start of a half decent partnership between him and Memphis down that left side. Shaw was fantastic, his start to the season was as good as i've seen any United player in some time.
Couldnt agree more. The system relies on pace.. Thats what hes stated constantly.

Unread 31-12-2015, 11:13 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
He was turning into a beast of a player irreplaceable, Unless we got Marcelo even then shaw is quicker, stronger and younger.

Unread 31-12-2015, 11:27 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Excellent point there - Shaw was taking a lot of pressure off Depay.

Really unfortunate injury - I know injuries happen all the time but it's up there with Keane v Leeds IMHO in terms of potential title impact.

Unread 31-12-2015, 11:33 PM
ashtonred

Just hope he returns and gets back to full fitness and confidence.
One of our best signings in years.

Unread 31-12-2015, 11:35 PM
puressence

Who would have thought it after 90 percent hated him and wrote him off last season how I laughed

Unread 31-12-2015, 11:42 PM
Billy Redface

Yep. Easy to forget that we did look very solid early. It was by just Shaw. Darmian started more strongly. Schneiderlen started every week. We really benefitted from having proper players in proper positions.

So much so that we were even fine with that clown in goal instead of de Gea.

Unread 31-12-2015, 11:43 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Who would have thought it after 90 percent hated him and wrote him off last season how I laughed
One of the players nurtured properly by LvG. It was a sluggish start by LS but he was flying this season. Tackles, passion, great football brain, fit as a fiddle - the bloody lot.
Fingers crossed for the lad.

Unread 31-12-2015, 11:48 PM
boreez

Seems like eons ago already. Can barely remember his skinny jeans.

Unread 31-12-2015, 11:52 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcabal
Couldnt agree more. The system relies on pace.. Thats what hes stated constantly.

Yep that's why he needs to get rid of fatty and Mata up top.

Unread 31-12-2015, 11:56 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Yep that's why he needs to get rid of fatty and Mata up top.
Nearly as big as Brucey is now.

Steve not Strictly

Unread 01-01-2016, 12:20 AM
Ethers

Things would have been a lot different if he hadn't got injured imo.

Not excusing the £#%&!ery that has gone on since mind

Unread 01-01-2016, 12:24 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
All Fredsters were fans. Soz.

Unread 01-01-2016, 01:06 AM
Cream

Can't believe how bad Memphis has been since Shaw carked it.

Unread 01-01-2016, 03:04 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Things would have been a lot different if he hadn't got injured imo.

Not excusing the £#%&!ery that has gone on since mind
What does "a lot different" mean? He's a left back, a good one, but how would he have stopped us being shit single handedly?
Closed Thread