United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Jez Quigley

Default Opposition players one can't help but like....

Sorry - but I like Branislav Ivanovic.

A big, mean defender - I like him.

You know something? I'll tell you. With him in our team, we'd be much better off.

Who do YOU secretly admire?

Unread 05-11-2014, 02:01 PM
Switching Off

Sergio Aguero. Brilliant player.

Used to like Robbie Fowler too, AS A PLAYER ONLY.

Unread 05-11-2014, 02:01 PM
Crumps

Ivanovic is a @#%&! who has pretty much deserved a red card each time he has played us.

I like Zabaleta.

Kompany too tbf.

£#%&! knows about the rest, assume they are all @#%&!s.

Unread 05-11-2014, 02:04 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Sergio Aguero. Brilliant player.

Used to like Robbie Fowler too, AS A PLAYER ONLY.
Yes, as a player always used to think that if he were on your team and a chance fell to him, he'd score.

Ditto Aguero. Have you seen his goal every 70 minutes or something stat? Crazy - heck of a player.

Before everyone goes off on a Pirlo/Lahm type love-in (who doesn't love those guys?) try and keep it simple first and go for Premiership players.

Another one? Pienaar at Everton.

Always does a tidy job, come a long way and links well with Baines.

I can't help but like him.

Unread 05-11-2014, 02:05 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Ivanovic is a @#%&! who has pretty much deserved a red card each time he has played us.

I like Zabaleta.

Kompany too tbf.

£#%&! knows about the rest, assume they are all @#%&!s.
Agreed re Zabaleta and Kompany.

Hughes gets a lot of flak but those 2 were City's best signings over the last 10 years, both by Mark Hughes.

Unread 05-11-2014, 02:07 PM
teflon_terry

Welbeck.

Unread 05-11-2014, 02:08 PM
dodger

I used to really like Mata. Look where that got me.

Can't think of any current ones really. Cambiasso is good but I'm not creaming my kecks over him.

Unread 05-11-2014, 02:11 PM
ryanMUFC

Jan vertongen, Gary Cahill (would have been a better option than any of our existing cb's), had a bit of respect for the bayern team we played last season including Robben.

Unread 05-11-2014, 02:15 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Jan vertongen, Gary Cahill (would have been a better option than any of our existing cb's), had a bit of respect for the bayern team we played last season including Robben.
Good calls.

Yes, that Bayern team is wonderful tbh. Same goes for the Real team of last night, a memorable side.

Unread 05-11-2014, 02:18 PM
ManagerXI

It has to be Kompany - he is a total beast.

Strikers win you games, the defense wins you championships.

I honestly believe he was the difference between City and Liverpool last season.

Unread 05-11-2014, 02:18 PM
ChairmanMao

I like Hazard obv. and Eriksen at Spurs.

I think Schurlle at Chelsea would do a good job for us to, proper busy @#%&! decent turn of pace and can play anywhere in a front 3.

Unread 05-11-2014, 02:25 PM
suedeshoes

Pelle at Southampton.

Unread 05-11-2014, 02:26 PM
ChairmanMao

On the flip side I think Kompany's slightly overrated, has a tendency to £#%&! off up the pitch trying to be ten men and leaving his defensive partner exposed. He's great when he is in position nqat but his lack of positional sense sometimes leaves his partner looking quite the jackass imo.

Cue the derision.

Unread 05-11-2014, 02:28 PM
suedeshoes

Ryan Shawcross and Curtis Davies. Neither of them worldies but I like the way they defend and they're better than what we have right now bf

Unread 05-11-2014, 02:30 PM
Whip Hubley

Fabio Borini.

He's a big talent, still young, he scores goals, and his passion, focus and concentration is a very important part of his game - and a big part of what you want from a player.

He's a multi-functional player who can play in a number of positions and someone I believe has got great growth.

I'd anticipate that over the next two or three years he'll really progress and I'm sure do very well for Liverpool.

Unread 05-11-2014, 02:31 PM
Tumescent Throb

Modric - thought he was very good, now realise he's brilliant after last season

Ramos - often ridiculed but he is a great presence in Real's side (we should sign Varane though, obviously)

currently liking Clyne very much

Benteke

Jose Ernesto Sosa

Unread 05-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Jethro

Silva - A joy to watch and seems like a thoroughly nice bloke

Unread 05-11-2014, 02:48 PM
jem

agüero when he's not diving, ok; ivanović, never. ever. ever. :shakehead:

apart from danny murphy.....

I've alway liked watching sanchez, hazard, oscar, schmeichel, oviedo/coleman, barkley, wilshire, fletcher, diaby.... not really coveting any centre halves in the premiership.

Unread 05-11-2014, 03:20 PM
Baron

Ivanovic is a @#%&!. Looks like someone got one of the midgets from Time Bandits, fed it Miracle-Grow & watered him til he was 6' 4", the arse, running style & skill of one as well. Utter @#%&!.

Unread 05-11-2014, 03:30 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Ivanovic is a @#%&!. Looks like someone got one of the midgets from Time Bandits, fed it Miracle-Grow & watered him til he was 6' 4", the arse, running style & skill of one as well. Utter @#%&!.

The worlds tallest dwarf
Closed Thread