United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-08-2014, 08:39 AM
koppas

Everyone slates everything he says in his various columns but he is, still, only saying what we are all thinking. His assessment of Herrera was spot on. He isn't a number 10, isn't really a complete midfielder either - more of a Carrick imo.

Unread 15-08-2014, 08:44 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
typical middy lad tbh says it how it is ...
Imagine some of these drips having to go to Cardinal Langley in the 80's.

Unread 15-08-2014, 08:45 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Everyone slates everything he says in his various columns but he is, still, only saying what we are all thinking. His assessment of Herrera was spot on. He isn't a number 10, isn't really a complete midfielder either - more of a Carrick imo.

He says this:

"I am not sure he is a playmaker either. I think he is probably in the category of Shinji Kagawa or Mata, a No 10. I don’t see him as an out-and-out midfield player."

Which is in fact, %@#$&!s. He says he is a number 10 like those two, when he clearly isn't and is much more a midfielder- getting stuck in and linking play from the back a lot more.

Scholes needs to stfu a bit imo.

Unread 15-08-2014, 08:48 AM
Mr_Ed

I thought it was a honest article. What's wrong with it?

He says it as it is and he's played for United for 20 odd years so I think he knows more about the game than the sages on here.

Unread 15-08-2014, 08:50 AM
vangaalsbigballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

He says this:

"I am not sure he is a playmaker either. I think he is probably in the category of Shinji Kagawa or Mata, a No 10. I don’t see him as an out-and-out midfield player."

Which is in fact, balls. He says he is a number 10 like those two, when he clearly isn't and is much more a midfielder- getting stuck in and linking play from the back a lot more.

Scholes needs to stfu a bit imo.
But that's where herrera actually played for Bilbao last season and was generally very good

Unread 15-08-2014, 08:50 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

He says it as it is and he's played for United for 20 odd years so I think he knows more about the game than the sages on here.

Playing the game does not necessarily make one qualified to write about it....

He should at least have a ghost writer

Unread 15-08-2014, 08:52 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

yep steve coogan clint boon me scholesy the other coogan from the mock turtles .. some bird from hollyoakes and Kavanagh

Unread 15-08-2014, 08:53 AM
puressence

herreras nickname is the ticker ... think about that ..

Unread 15-08-2014, 08:53 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

Unread 15-08-2014, 08:54 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangaalsbigballs
But that's where herrera actually played for Bilbao last season and was generally very good
The man himself sees himself as a midfielder, where he's played for us all pre-season, and did before last season for Bilbao...

"I have always played in midfield. Sometimes with Ernesto Valverde, who was my last coach, I played on the left or the right, but I think my best place is in midfield. But if Van Gaal in one moment wants another thing then I can play wherever he wants."

Unread 15-08-2014, 08:59 AM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

I went to North Manc and we played Cardinal Langley in 1985.

We were outside the school on the grass and had the hardest lad in our school playing.

Terry Harkin (I think) was your captain and he walked out of a building and shouted 'Get off the grass' and we all shuffled along like naughty schoolboys :-)

Had some great battles with them and their Sunday League team, Chadderton Park.

Either road, those lads were absolute nails. Very fair though, never any silliness between us - nails but fair.

Unread 15-08-2014, 09:03 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
The man himself sees himself as a midfielder, where he's played for us all pre-season, and did before last season for Bilbao...

"I have always played in midfield. Sometimes with Ernesto Valverde, who was my last coach, I played on the left or the right, but I think my best place is in midfield. But if Van Gaal in one moment wants another thing then I can play wherever he wants."
He says the right things doesn't he?

Like this lad a lot.

Unread 15-08-2014, 09:12 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
Playing the game does not necessarily make one qualified to write about it....

He should at least have a ghost writer

Agree on that point TBF

Unread 15-08-2014, 09:19 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by jez quigley
i went to north manc and we played cardinal langley in 1985.

We were outside the school on the grass and had the hardest lad in our school playing.

Terry harkin (i think) was your captain and he walked out of a building and shouted 'get off the grass' and we all shuffled along like naughty schoolboys :-)

had some great battles with them and their sunday league team, chadderton park.

Either road, those lads were absolute nails. Very fair though, never any silliness between us - nails but fair.
ha ha he was hard

Unread 15-08-2014, 09:20 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
I went to North Manc and we played Cardinal Langley in 1985.

Terry Harkin (I think) was your captain and he walked out of a building and shouted 'Get off the grass' and we all shuffled along like naughty schoolboys :-)

Had some great battles with them and their Sunday League team, Chadderton Park.

Forget it, Pure just posted a gang including Clint Boon and Alan Partridge.

Game over.

:shakehead:

Unread 15-08-2014, 09:25 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
He says the right things doesn't he?

Like this lad a lot.
He also said this...

Claiming that the current United squad shares similarities with Cantona, Herrera continued on his admiration for Cantona.

“I liked his character, he was a winner and always worked hard, he never lost one ball and was always thinking about the victory. This group of players [at United] has those same characteristics.

“We always want to win, we want to play well for the Man United supporters and Eric Cantona had those characteristics. Of course, he had personality too.

“But it was not only Cantona who had personality; Ryan Giggs as well, David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo. United do not only sign good players, but workers as well. United sign people who work hard, train hard and who are good professionals.

“It is a dream for me to be here because this history is very big and now I have the chance to play here. I have the possibility to show my own character for United.”

Unread 15-08-2014, 09:26 AM
Serenity Now

Wee Ander

Unread 15-08-2014, 09:28 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
On Herrera - "He can run, no doubt about that. I am not sure if he has loads of goals in him. I hope he will prove me wrong. I am not sure he is a playmaker either. I think he is probably in the category of Shinji Kagawa or Mata, a No 10. I don’t see him as an out-and-out midfield player"

Absolute gibberish.
Yep, lazy from him tbh. Herrera seems to enjoy playing deeper.

s2c Scholes like this.

Unread 15-08-2014, 09:31 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Unbelievable comment saying he is like Carrick. Nothing like him.

Unread 15-08-2014, 09:32 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Unbelievable comment saying he is like Carrick. Nothing like him.
More of a Carrick than a number 10...
Closed Thread