United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Torquemada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Nobody knows if it's him or lvg deciding he doesn't want to spend, or who to spend it on.

But some people are still talking about signing 3/4 players. But time is running out. 3 weeks to go with nothing in sight.

I think we'll be lucky to sign one.
The doomlordery is officially begun and a storm rises in the East. The eye of Mordor is squarely focussed on OT….

Unread 08-08-2014, 10:16 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

I'm genuinely surprised we've not signed anyone .

Unread 08-08-2014, 10:21 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
Since spending 60m earlier in the window?

Unread 08-08-2014, 10:21 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
I know what you mean (apart from Shaw and the Herrerasaurus).

Can't say it enough. Lost 3 pillars of the united defence. Signed one young lad to replace one of them.

Criminal to not sign at least 2 new players, 1 in midfield 1 in defence, assuming Carrick will play more at the back.

Unread 08-08-2014, 10:31 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Since spending 60m earlier in the window?
We have lost rio, vidic, evra, giggs since last season and even with them in the squad we still had big weakness in certain areas, we have more sponsorship deals than the rest of the league combined, we have the biggest shirt deal in history just signed, we have woodward in charge mouthing off about breaking all sorts of transfer records and yet we are 8 days from the season opener and we have to choose between fletcher, anderson, cleverley or fellaini to partner herrera in midfield..

Unread 08-08-2014, 10:40 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
We have lost rio, vidic, evra, giggs since last season and even with them in the squad we still had big weakness in certain areas, we have more sponsorship deals than the rest of the league combined, we have the biggest shirt deal in history just signed, we have woodward in charge mouthing off about breaking all sorts of transfer records and yet we are 8 days from the season opener and we have to choose between fletcher, anderson, cleverley or fellaini to partner herrera in midfield..
I was responding to whether we had signed anybody or not, not whether we had signed enough. Listen pal, I've banged on about the paucity of our squad for a very long time.

Relax though, woowar's got this.

Unread 08-08-2014, 10:41 PM
est.1878

Unread 08-08-2014, 10:51 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

I have to believe there are players lined up .

Unread 08-08-2014, 11:01 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
I have to believe there are players lined up .

Bloody hope so

Could you imagine a defender and a midfielder getting injured? We'd be in trouble ffs.

I fear that this season may be a 'get us into the top 4' deal and them next year we will go for it pre CL.

either road - we need a top quality CB now - even if we revert to 4-3-3 - which I fear we will once injuries hit.

Woowar needs to pull his finger out and quick.

Unread 08-08-2014, 11:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley

Bloody hope so

Could you imagine a defender and a midfielder getting injured? We'd be in trouble ffs.

I fear that this season may be a 'get us into the top 4' deal and them next year we will go for it pre CL.

either road - we need a top quality CB now - even if we revert to 4-3-3 - which I fear we will once injuries hit.

Woowar needs to pull his finger out and quick.
Don't really see the logic behind that, though.

We need to be back with a vengeance this season - demonstrating beyond doubt that 2013-14 was a hideous, never to be repeated freak.

Is just scraping back into the top 4 really going to cut it - not least with the business partners woowar so covets?

Unread 08-08-2014, 11:42 PM
Cream

Quote:

Can't say it enough. Lost 3 pillars of the united defence. Signed one young lad to replace one of them.

Criminal to not sign at least 2 new players, 1 in midfield 1 in defence, assuming Carrick will play more at the back.
Is there an echo in here?

Or are we just telepathic cool guys.

Unread 09-08-2014, 12:57 AM
Mr_Ed

LVG isn't going to toe the corporate line. No £#%&!ing chance - if he can't get the players he'll moan about it IMHO

Unread 09-08-2014, 04:46 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Unread 09-08-2014, 06:22 AM
Swagger

Our squad has a soft underbelly that everyone tickled last season.

Some grit (vidal) and determination (hummels) should see us competing again.

Unread 09-08-2014, 07:47 AM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Is there an echo in here?

You and me, we're drift compatible

Unread 09-08-2014, 07:47 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:

B'jesus - Carrick at the back? FFS the guy is £#%&!in shit scared of his own shadow hardly a leader

Unread 09-08-2014, 07:55 AM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
B'jesus - Carrick at the back? FFS the guy is £#%&!in shit scared of his own shadow hardly a leader
A long way from the Bruce/Pallister; Stam/Johnsen; Vidic/Rio days - that's for sure

Unread 09-08-2014, 11:11 AM
Barksdale

Quote:
Me too.

Anyone would think we are not owned by parasitic @#%&!s who are merely interested in satisfying our corporate sponsors and tourists by remaining "competitive" whilst taking as much money out of the club as possible.

I just can't believe that the £200 million war chest has not been opened.

Perhaps they will find the key to unlock it in January or next summer?

Our spending was over once we signed Herrera.

Unread 09-08-2014, 12:41 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barksdale
Me too.

Anyone would think we are not owned by parasitic @#%&!s who are merely interested in satisfying our corporate sponsors and tourists by remaining "competitive" whilst taking as much money out of the club as possible.

I just can't believe that the £200 million war chest has not been opened.

Perhaps they will find the key to unlock it in January or next summer?

Our spending was over once we signed Herrera.
Spent £100m on players this calender year already pal.

Unread 09-08-2014, 12:58 PM
billynomates

3 players and a Ronald McDonald impersonator TBF
Closed Thread