United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-08-2014, 04:18 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Blame the players for not wanting to come to a club that finished 7th...
What's the excuse for it happening every year at the club?

Unread 08-08-2014, 05:06 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

I'll give him till close of the window . I am concerned however, and if seems really unhelpful to leave it late.

Unread 08-08-2014, 05:49 PM
Sparky***

We need at least 3 players. That first half against Liverpool the other night should have lit a few fires under the arses of people at the club. An absolute total mess with Evans, Jones and Smalling looking like 3 blokes who'd won a competition to play for United.

Ideally we'd have signed another 2 midfielders and 2 central defenders. I fear the worst though.

The squad as it stands will do well to finish in the top 3.

Unread 08-08-2014, 05:53 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Woowar's clearly good at the corporate schmoozing. Why not keep him for that and get someone else to do the player deals?
Pure perhaps?

Unread 08-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
I'll give him till close of the window and then shake my fist angrily and boo him.
Sounds about right pal.

Unread 08-08-2014, 06:10 PM
Jez Quigley

Last year we were a Carrick injury away from mid table disaster - and it happened.

This year? An injury to Jones or Jonny Evans would kill us. Think about that.

I don't care about Blackett or Keane.

Look at City and Chelsea. Zabaletta, Kompany, Ivanovic, Terry. We have nobody with the experience or mental strength to match them at the back and we should be aiming to mix it with them.

Woowar knew this was coming and should have had 3 or 4 options lined up for LvG to choose from. Yes, we always have to pay a United surcharge but the flip side of that is having an official potato snack supplier in Timbuktu.

Seriously - LvG can polish a turd into the top 4 but give him the means ffs or he'll be out of here faster than Alberto del Rio down la centro del trabajo.

Unread 08-08-2014, 06:52 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
You should let him know. Write a real angry letter
Reads the forums doesn't he ('plenty of time to as does FA all else' etc...)

Jez is rightly offering him the chance to pull his finger out before he resorts to direct action as far as I can tell . G2C but also S2C its necessary

Unread 08-08-2014, 06:54 PM
gbmufc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We need at least 3 players. That first half against Liverpool the other night should have lit a few fires under the arses of people at the club. An absolute total mess with Evans, Jones and Smalling looking like 3 blokes who'd won a competition to play for United.

Ideally we'd have signed another 2 midfielders and 2 central defenders. I fear the worst though.

The squad as it stands will do well to finish in the top 3.
I know you`ve been taking the piss out of me...unfairly in my opinion. But this is so true that I have to agree with you.

Unread 08-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
I know you`ve been taking the piss out of me...unfairly in my opinion. But this is so true that I have to agree with you.
Yep, the 2nd half comeback and the fact that Liverpool somewhat ran out of steam in the last 20 mins painted over what was, in all honestly, an utter horror show of a first half.

Jones lunging in all over the place, Evans giving the ball away 20 yards from our goal and Smalling just spooning everything into touch. The three of them are headless chickens; not a £#%&!ing ounce of composure or organisational leadership amongst them.

We need two central defenders who are comfortable in possession and can pass a ball. Blackett may turn out to be half decent but you can't expect the lad to defend at places like Stamford Bridge or The Etihad against superstar strikers, they'd murder him.

We'll see what happens come August 31st. If nothing does materialise, well then we can forget about any fantasies of winning the league.

Unread 08-08-2014, 08:11 PM
ziggyman17

He is at the club to maximize sponsorship deals and spend as little as possible on the team, all this talk of unlimited transfer budgets is rubbish.. The money spent compared to the money taken in by the club is a joke... Im not all for spending hundreds of millions, but you would think think the club would spend the necessary money on players we need...

Unread 08-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Reads the forums doesn't he ('plenty of time to as does FA all else' etc...)

Jez is rightly offering him the chance to pull his finger out before he resorts to direct action as far as I can tell . G2C but also S2C its necessary
He'd end up topping himself if he came across here

Unread 08-08-2014, 08:25 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
This squad will have a serious fight on to finish fourth, as it currently stands.

We have three centres halfs, two of whom have yet to prove they are good enough to be considered solid squad options, let alone start every week.

Our options in central midfield are still criminal for a club of united's standing.

It's sad because it's true

Unread 08-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
He is at the club to maximize sponsorship deals and spend as little as possible on the team, all this talk of unlimited transfer budgets is rubbish.. The money spent compared to the money taken in by the club is a joke... Im not all for spending hundreds of millions, but you would think think the club would spend the necessary money on players we need...
I've said it umpteen times but the club haven't moved with the times at all. Our record transfer was about £30m for over a decade. Basically, we're spending roughly the same amount of money on players now as we were in 2002.

Bear in mind our earning as a club back then was nowhere near what it is now so it shows just what £#%&!ing tight arses the club are now.

We're going to be outspent by £#%&!ing Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool for the 2nd summer in a row. It's a £#%&!ing farce.

Unread 08-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Cream

Nothing has changed.

We should be making the most of the financial fair play thing and investing heavily after a shocking season.

We've had to spend on a managerial change. Bought Herrara and Shaw.

Lost our two first choice central defenders.

I'd be very disappointed if we don't add at least two more players before the start of the season, one cut price defender and a very expensive midfielder. Minimum.

Unread 08-08-2014, 09:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Blame the players for not wanting to come to a club that finished 7th...
Most players aren't so thick that they don't realise that *should* be temporary, tbh.

Not buying it.

Unread 08-08-2014, 09:18 PM
vangaalsbigballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I've said it umpteen times but the club haven't moved with the times at all. Our record transfer was about £30m for over a decade. Basically, we're spending roughly the same amount of money on players now as we were in 2002.

Bear in mind our earning as a club back then was nowhere near what it is now so it shows just what £#%&!ing tight arses the club are now.

We're going to be outspent by £#%&!ing Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool for the 2nd summer in a row. It's a £#%&!ing farce.
This is just not true. We paid over inflated fees back then.

Bayern's record transfer is also around 35m. The only clubs who are paying over the odds are real, barca, psg, city, chelsea, monaco.

Unread 08-08-2014, 09:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangaalsbigballs
This is just not true. We paid over inflated fees back then.

Bayern's record transfer is also around 35m. The only clubs who are paying over the odds are real, barca, psg, city, chelsea, monaco.
Arsenal and Liverpool are currently outspending us. We're only £20m this summer infront of £#%&!ing Everton.

Unread 08-08-2014, 09:57 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Nobody knows if it's him or lvg deciding he doesn't want to spend, or who to spend it on.

But some people are still talking about signing 3/4 players. But time is running out. 3 weeks to go with nothing in sight.

I think we'll be lucky to sign one.

Unread 08-08-2014, 10:07 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Nobody knows if it's him or lvg deciding he doesn't want to spend, or who to spend it on.

But some people are still talking about signing 3/4 players. But time is running out. 3 weeks to go with nothing in sight.

I think we'll be lucky to sign one.
He might need a look at the league first and spend big next summer.

Yes, maybe he's having a good look.

Unread 08-08-2014, 10:10 PM
Billy Bigbollox

At least we haven't had "no value" yet. Everything's definitely off if that's uttered
Closed Thread