United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 27-08-2013, 12:58 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
*more bolding*

Who's fault is that ?!

Re-read what I wrote, he's a no.9 & should be played as such. Fergie played him as a forward & he scored more than van persie did last year, if you put him in a side with a creative midfielder & a winger worth their salt he'd play further forward & would be excellent. But he's an average, hard working, no.10 & he has been for years, not just this period of being a massively slapped arse.

He wants to join Chelsea because he knows he'll be played up front, every game, & obviously will get a pay rise out of the Russian.
He played two games the week before by the way.

Unread 27-08-2013, 12:59 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
*more bolding*

Who's fault is that ?!

Re-read what I wrote, he's a no.9 & should be played as such. Fergie played him as a forward & he scored more than van persie did last year, if you put him in a side with a creative midfielder & a winger worth their salt he'd play further forward & would be excellent. But he's an average, hard working, no.10 & he has been for years, not just this period of being a massively slapped arse.

He wants to join Chelsea because he knows he'll be played up front, every game, & obviously will get a pay rise out of the Russian.

Whose.

Unread 27-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Whose.
I'm playing that like Broad, ignoring it & moving on.

Unread 27-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley

BTW - I see the Daily Mirror picked up on my comment about Rooney barely passing to RVP.
that's what i've been alluding to as well. the question would be whether he is 'clever' (snide) enough to only £#%&! up the bits where RvP might have scored?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
If we continue to play with Rooney as a number 10 like we did last season then we will continue play predictable football
this. much of the time, anyhoo.

Unread 27-08-2013, 01:09 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
this. much of the time, anyhoo.
How can you bang Valencia's drum so forcefully & then complain about Rooney holding us back with his predictable Football?
I thought you were a 4-4-2 man??
Nothing wrong with United playing 2 out & out centre fowards...as long as you've got the wide men & central midfield to deal with it.

Moyes said himself that he asked Rooney to drop in a lot last night because Chelsea started with about 30 central midfielders.
Cleverley & Carrick did pretty well last night but neither of them get beyond the strikers or bring the ball forward & beat a man.

Unread 27-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
How can you bang Valencia's drum so forcefully & then complain about Rooney holding us back with his predictable Football?
I thought you were a 4-4-2 man??
Nothing wrong with United playing 2 out & out centre fowards...as long as you've got the wide men & central midfield to deal with it.

Moyes said himself that he asked Rooney to drop in a lot last night because Chelsea started with about 30 central midfielders.
Cleverley & Carrick did pretty well last night but neither of them get beyond the strikers or bring the ball forward & beat a man.
i don't blame individuals. rooney isn't very good at 10. it's not his fault they keep playing him there.

Unread 27-08-2013, 01:29 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
i don't blame individuals. rooney isn't very good at 10. it's not his fault they keep playing him there.
Fair enough. I don't blame individuals either, but my point is I'd like to see him in that role with a couple of in form wingers & a central midfielder who can beat an opponent & get advanced of the strikers at times.
No reason why Van Persie & Rooney can't take it in turns to drop into the hole. They're both very good footballers.

Anyway, there's a chance these Rooney debates will be all done & dusted this time next week. Mourinho played his final hand last night in the saga by putting the ball in Rooneys court. It'll be interesting to see what Rooney does between now & next Monday. I still think it's 50/50 whether he stays or goes.

Unread 27-08-2013, 01:44 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Fair enough. I don't blame individuals either, but my point is I'd like to see him in that role with a couple of in form wingers & a central midfielder who can beat an opponent & get advanced of the strikers at times.
No reason why Van Persie & Rooney can't take it in turns to drop into the hole. They're both very good footballers.

Anyway, there's a chance these Rooney debates will be all done & dusted this time next week. Mourinho played his final hand last night in the saga by putting the ball in Rooneys court. It'll be interesting to see what Rooney does between now & next Monday. I still think it's 50/50 whether he stays or goes.
You said he'd definitely be going last week.

Unread 27-08-2013, 01:47 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
You said he'd definitely be going last week.
True, but that was before he played the full game last night & now Sky are running with a 'Sky Sources say he isn't going to ask to leave' yellow ticker exlusive - although tbf that makes it far more likely he will go..
Who knows.

Unread 27-08-2013, 01:48 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
True, but that was before he played the full game last night & now Sky are running with a 'Sky Sources say he isn't going to ask to leave' yellow ticker exlusive - although tbf that makes it far more likely he will go..
Who knows.
God.

Unread 27-08-2013, 03:51 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
In other news, Torres is hilariously shit.

Had about five touches and every single one reminded me of Jason Lee.
Genuinely amazing how he has gone totally to ratshit. The bloke who terrorised us just 4 years ago might as well be a different player

Unread 27-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Who knows.
so do you still want him to be £#%&!ed off then or not?

can't believe the way you've laid into him this summer tbh

i always said he would, could and should stay

Unread 27-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Genuinely amazing how he has gone totally to ratshit. The bloke who terrorised us just 4 years ago might as well be a different player
vidic misjudged one £#%&!ing hoof up the pitch ffs

Unread 27-08-2013, 03:58 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
They still tonked us 4-1 at OT, pol. Still hurts

Unread 27-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Quote:
There's some truth in that of course, but he was still a class player before. I don't recall a bigger fall from grace ever tbh. Fifty million pounds and he can barely control a £#%&!ing football

That bit when he stumbled over it and Rio took it away from him, you could almost hear the sad trombone.

Unread 27-08-2013, 04:06 PM
andyroo

That miss at OT two years ago don't think I've a whole stadium laughing like it

Unread 27-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
That miss at OT two years ago don't think I've a whole stadium laughing like it

What a great picture