United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-05-2008, 10:36 PM
armchair

No matter how many times I hear the story of him and sharpe I still laugh every time I hear it...as do they retelling it.

Phil was class. 'Tight'

Unread 29-05-2008, 10:41 PM
History

Has anyone else noticed, that the older giggsy getting, the closer his eyes are going together

Unread 29-05-2008, 10:44 PM
razzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Has anyone else noticed, that the older giggsy getting, the closer his eyes are going together
by the end of next season he'll be a cyclops

Unread 29-05-2008, 10:44 PM
armchair

He doesn't have that spot/bump thing between his eyebrows any more either.

Unread 29-05-2008, 10:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by History

He'll be cyclops when he's 60.

One of the first things my Dad ever said about Giggs was, 'he's a Genius, you can tell by his eyes', and that was at a youth cup game. Ever since then I always look at players eyes to see if they stand out for any reason.

Rooney's do.

Unread 29-05-2008, 10:47 PM
toseeunited

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by withapacketofsweets
Any chance of you getting this programme up for downloading mate, ive turned off my sky sports for the summer, Cheers
if no one else has capped it from the usual sources (i'll keep checking for links) then yeah i'll put it onto dvd (is on sky+ atm) rip it+ upload it, no worries

Unread 29-05-2008, 10:56 PM
Tumescent Throb

First time I saw Giggs was at home to the sheep £#%&!gers.

He went through at 0-1 but Lukic stopped him if memory serves (or he missed or someat)

Anyway he was greased lightning and wasn't intimidated one bit

Went out the ground singing there's only one Ryan Giggs and me mate says Sharpey would've buried that chance

I just sang one Ryan Giggs at him a few more times

Wish I'd known one of his other songs back then

Unread 29-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Betty's Hotpot

We are lucky to have had such a player for so long. I remember running on the pitch straight to Giggsy after the semi against Arsenal. I did everything in my power to touch him, in the end I touched a curl on his head he was surrounded that much. Legend.

Unread 30-05-2008, 12:02 AM
goatboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty's Hotpot
We are lucky to have had such a player for so long. I remember running on the pitch straight to Giggsy after the semi against Arsenal. I did everything in my power to touch him, in the end I touched a curl on his head he was surrounded that much. Legend.
:bi:

Unread 30-05-2008, 01:56 AM
eireke

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
if no one else has capped it from the usual sources (i'll keep checking for links) then yeah i'll put it onto dvd (is on sky+ atm) rip it+ upload it, no worries
It would be awesome if someone (ie you maybe) could post a link to this program. One of the all time heroes

Unread 30-05-2008, 02:53 AM
Weekend Rockstar

£#%&! me-

Unread 30-05-2008, 02:55 AM
Lok

It's on at 9am on SS1 for anyone who missed it.

Unread 30-05-2008, 08:24 AM
antonin jablonsky

Absolute legend, got a bit tired and emotional watching it. First time I saw him was playing for England Schoolboys as Ryan Wilson, was head and shoulders above every other player on ther pitch.

Unread 30-05-2008, 08:50 AM
puressence

remember being at his h/t debut v everton and the city game ..also palace away when he had just turned 18 and the away end all singing happy bday to him ..

also remeber bumping into kiddo around 1989/90 ish in john menzies in middy ..asked him about up and coming players .. he just said wait till you see ryan wilson play ....

Unread 30-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Rockstar
£#%&! me-

I would.

£#%&!ing legend, love him

Unread 30-05-2008, 01:41 PM
MJ Ramone

LEGEND.

Great programme.
His medal haul is £#%&!ing ridiculous!....he's so modest about it as well.
Top man, GREAT player.

All the great players I've seen at United down the years, he's still the most graceful & stylish when running with the ball.
Wonderful player.

Unread 30-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Mr_Ed

Anyone know where there is an upload of this? TIA

Unread 30-05-2008, 10:45 PM
ScarFace

liiiink

Unread 30-05-2008, 11:05 PM
wonky no

ryan giggs was even more exciting on the radio! i listened to his first game, think it was a cup game (?) he came on as sub. the commentator on GMR was going mad about him. I already knew about him, in as much as my mate used to room with him and sharpey in the res'.

he had everything except a right foot. the comparisons with best were just in as much as he was pretty iconic from the start. he had a great look about him and the music scene was buzzing at the time.

thing was though, seeing him run with ball in the flesh was £#%&!ing amazing. the anticipation every time he got a touch was vented with a noise of it's own all over the ground, almost like an half whispered 'go on giggseh'.

to compare Best Giggs and Ronaldo is a privilage that would never have materialised if it wasn't for our fantastic footballing ethos passed through generations.

out of those three incredible wingers Ryan would be my personal favourite simply because he was ours (welsh my arse) and he is red through and through.

i was born to late to apreciate best. ronaldo is more of an entertainer than giggs, a showman that actually delivers a show a big personality that seems to dominate the pitch with the swagger of eric. great to see but give me that slight looking local lad in a shirt that hangs off him, gripping his cuffs in his fists and floating over the grass like a gazzell any day.

Unread 30-05-2008, 11:08 PM
BigDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
liiiink

Anyone?
Closed Thread