United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-03-2018, 02:31 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
United needs an injection of freshness, youth and energy, and an attacking mindset. Pochettino has to be the best option.

People will say he's never won anything, but we hired David £#%&!ing Moyes.
I like Poch but he is a risk, not so much for the lack of trophies but for the temperament at a club of our size. Allegri has a proven temperament and has won both when expected to and as somewhat of an underdog, crucially I think he has that balance of experience combined with hunger for a new challenge, not yet jaded or outright finished like our last two.

Tbh I'd take a few trophyless seasons to watch us play some good football, the amount of great matches we've been involved in since Ferg left is pitiful. Just had a look at that 12-13 season, six 3-2's, two 4-3's and a 5-4 and 5-5 apiece

Unread 14-03-2018, 05:36 AM
MagnificentSeven

jardim. won the title against a doped up rich oil club last season and got to the champions league semis with a team of youngsters, playing the attacking football we've been craving for years. would love rashford and martial to play under someone like him.

i also feel that part of the reason we've underachieved with van gaal and then mourinho is because of their egos which may have caused friction with certain players. jardim doesn't seem to carry that kind of baggage.

Unread 14-03-2018, 07:21 AM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
I'm completely lost as to what's the best for us at the moment. Are we really saying that we're at the start all over again with a new manager stage?
I agree with this. As much as I hated the stench from the pitch last night is binning off Jose now or in the summer the best option?

It would set the club back another 12-24 months whilst the new man puts his stamp on the team.

Then who realistically is there that we can say hand on heart will take this club forward? At the moment Utd are a club with no direction and are sleep walking in to the abyss

I honestly have no idea which direction the club is heading in these days. It is a shambles from top to bottom.

Unread 14-03-2018, 07:33 AM
Zorg

Tbh I’d be ok with a Fred whatsapp group taking over.

Unread 14-03-2018, 09:40 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Yes.

This is what happens when you have your first leg away from home and play for the 0-0 draw right from the outset.

Sevilla are a team we should have been capable of scoring against in both legs.

Mourinho has paid the price for not trying to seize the advantage away from home, it's not good enough, we need to secretly stsart looking at other options.
I’ve never understood the idea that a 0-0 away from home is a good result. It’s a horrible result In europe. Used to wind me up when Fergie was cautious away and it still winds me up now. It’s why I’ve always preferred playing away as the second leg.

Quote:
To be honest I've supported Utd since the 1970s and been through soon tough times with them but i've never seen a United team go out of a major competition with such a whimper.
Too many players looked at the teams through to the quarter finals and subconsciously wanted to avoid it.

Unread 14-03-2018, 09:44 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
poc is the only real opinion imo
Rooney rule?

Unread 14-03-2018, 09:45 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
poc is the only real opinion imo
Undoubtedly. If mourinho left in the next few years, pochettino is currently in poll position. He also has the advantage of charlton and Ferguson being happy with such an appointment. Which also keeps past players in the media onside.

Quote:
What about giving Mourinho until the end of the season?

The board need to get him in and tell him that we've got an impressive array of attacking players but that they're never going to prove formidable whilst playing this shite, negative, tentative, football.

They need to tell him that he needs to win the FA cup and win it POSITIVELY. If he doesn't like it then he can £#%&! off. Despite what he might think and say in press conferences he's not bigger than this club.
You don’t switch that type of football on over night. Mourinho is turning around an oil tanker. Klopp, pochettino, guardiola all took over teams playing similarly to how they wanted. United have been a long way from proper united football for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Tbh I'd take a few trophyless seasons to watch us play some good football, the amount of great matches we've been involved in since Ferg left is pitiful. Just had a look at that 12-13 season, six 3-2's, two 4-3's and a 5-4 and 5-5 apiece
And with the exception of van Persie, it was still shit.

Unread 14-03-2018, 09:53 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
I agree with this. As much as I hated the stench from the pitch last night is binning off Jose now or in the summer the best option?

It would set the club back another 12-24 months whilst the new man puts his stamp on the team.

Then who realistically is there that we can say hand on heart will take this club forward? At the moment Utd are a club with no direction and are sleep walking in to the abyss

I honestly have no idea which direction the club is heading in these days. It is a shambles from top to bottom.
To be honest I'm hoping there is some strength to the Mourinho to PSG rumours.

I can't abide his take on the game. I didn't want him, yes i'm thankful for the 2 cups, and for Bailly, Matic and a few other things but I want better for United.

Unread 14-03-2018, 09:57 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Undoubtedly. If mourinho left in the next few years, pochettino is currently in poll position. He also has the advantage of charlton and Ferguson being happy with such an appointment. Which also keeps past players in the media onside.

You don’t switch that type of football on over night. Mourinho is turning around an oil tanker. Klopp, pochettino, guardiola all took over teams playing similarly to how they wanted. United have been a long way from proper united football for a long time.

And with the exception of van Persie, it was still shit.
Only he isn't is he? He may be changing the teams style of play, but he is making it play in an image of his self contained, smart arse, downright miserable self.

Mourinho has turned into Morrissey. Thinks he is still bigger than the Smiths, when the truth is that he is a bitter and twisted relic whose best days are way behind him and turns on the shite tap whenever he opens his mouth.

Unread 14-03-2018, 09:57 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger

I hear what you're saying Dodger and undoubtedly feelings are running high after being absolutely embarrassed by that shower last night.

In all seriousness though, I can now see Mourinho imploding. For me It's becoming a question of when and how much damage he does first.

Unread 14-03-2018, 10:19 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Need a coach who can get a better tune out of what we have, not just someone who wants to sign.another couple of a hundred million to change it. Jardim or Sarri would be decent shouts if Pochettino or Allegri are unavailable.

Essentially do a proper job and don't just look for past success at our level, talk to people within the game about who the promising coaches are and get them in. It's not just a question of picking out trophies on the CV. Top end coaches have to start somewhere, we shouldn't continue to be the fag end of managerial careers on the down slope.

Unread 14-03-2018, 10:24 AM
dunk

Mourinho is turning round an oil tanker and pointing it firmly at the nearest iceberg ffs

Unread 14-03-2018, 10:32 AM
Jethro

Mourinho has the attitude and care free aura of someone who knows he isn't going anywhere. Top 4 is all but nailed and we may just limp over the line to FA Cup glory.

I am sick to £#%&!ing death of him and would replace him in a heartbeat. But with who? This Summer would be suicidal with it being a World Cup year. Give him whatever he wants this Summer and write up a list of potential replacements over the space of a season. Make contact if need be just so when the inevitable meltdown comes we're ready.

But this wont happen because it makes too much sense and we have £#%&!ing idiots running the club.

Unread 14-03-2018, 10:47 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Mourinho has the attitude and care free aura of someone who knows he isn't going anywhere. Top 4 is all but nailed and we'll may just limp over the line to FA Cup glory.

I am sick to £#%&!ing death of him and would replace him in a heartbeat. But with who? This Summer would be suicidal with it being a World Cup year. Give him whatever he wants this Summer and write up a list of potential replacements over the space of a season. Make contact if need be just so when the inevitable meltdown comes we're ready.

But this wont happen because it makes too much sense and we have £#%&!ing idiots running the club.

I’d like to think Mourinho had learnt from last night, but he won’t have.

The ‘we're going to score one more than you’ instead of defend and hope for no mistakes tactics just wont happen under Mourinho i'm afraid.

Unread 14-03-2018, 10:51 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
This Summer would be suicidal with it being a World Cup year.
We hired Fergie in a world cup year, it doesn't make a blind bit of difference, there isn't a special checklist for replacing a manager, just sack the dull @#%&!, and hire someone who has a desire to produce the type of football we want to see.

Talk of giving him another year, and more money is just baffling. He isn't going to change, his only desire is to make the football he sets up to play now, be more efficient. It's also ignoring the fact that Guardiola isn't going anywhere soon, he'll be signing more of the players he wants, and as we've seen, he has quite a talent for getting players to fit into his system rapidly. If we're not careful we'll be enduring another season of shite, and at best finish second, what a result.

Unread 14-03-2018, 10:55 AM
Pop

A probable hiding against City with them being crowned champions to top it off and things could get pwopah nawty.

Unread 14-03-2018, 11:09 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
We hired Fergie in a world cup year, it doesn't make a blind bit of difference, there isn't a special checklist for replacing a manager, just sack the dull @#%&!, and hire someone who has a desire to produce the type of football we want to see.

Talk of giving him another year, and more money is just baffling. He isn't going to change, his only desire is to make the football he sets up to play now, be more efficient. It's also ignoring the fact that Guardiola isn't going anywhere soon, he'll be signing more of the players he wants, and as we've seen, he has quite a talent for getting players to fit into his system rapidly. If we're not careful we'll be enduring another season of shite, and at best finish second, what a result.
Guardiola also has a history of flouncing claiming his genius is underappreciated.

If anyone's getting pinched by PSG it's him, not Mourinho.

Unread 14-03-2018, 11:16 AM
windy waffles

I'd still take Poch.

Unread 14-03-2018, 11:22 AM
TheFatGoth

Unread 14-03-2018, 11:30 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman

Come off it ffs.
Closed Thread