United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-05-2017, 04:40 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
all the obvious ones, but two of the biggest goons i've had have been hughes' equaliser against oldham to make it 3-3 in the semi-final of the fa cup in 94, and bruce's winner v sheffield wednesday in 1993. the cheer for that goal was as loud as i've ever heard.
You're probably thinking of the semi vs Oldham in 1990 which ended 3 each aren't you? The game was at Maine Road.

Unread 10-05-2017, 07:17 AM
Red Al

77 FA cup final as it was the first trophy I watced Utd win

And 1999

Unread 10-05-2017, 08:15 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
You're probably thinking of the semi vs Oldham in 1990 which ended 3 each aren't you? The game was at Maine Road.
Yeah, 94 was 1-1 iirc

Unread 10-05-2017, 10:39 AM
Stickman

Too many to mention under SAF, we have had it unbelievably good.

Unread 10-05-2017, 02:50 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
no, was thinking of wembleh, just got the score wrong, mateh

Unread 10-05-2017, 02:53 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
no, was thinking of wembleh, just got the score wrong, mateh
That's what happens to 2 team timmys. Iirc.

Unread 10-05-2017, 02:55 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
That's what happens to 2 team timmys. Iirc.
it's a hazard, i'll not lie to you. i'm always getting mixed up between united winning the champions league and blackpool winning the ldv vans trophy, tbf.

Unread 10-05-2017, 03:08 PM
Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
One that always goes out under the radar was the new years day 89 game against Liverpool. 3 goals in about 5 minutes. I was 10 years old stood on the stretty and I had already been going regularly for 4 seasons but I never thought I'd see and hear a noise like that ever again. Thankfully I did many many times over.

United
My dad took his brother in law to this game. (My uncle) he was a proper southern yuppie of the time. I remember looking round from the fences at the front when Beardsmore scored and him on his hands and knees searching for his glasses amongst the bedlam around him, Dad included.

He took me to so many as a kid Rotterdam, Wembley every time, Palace the game we virtually won it in 93. Right up to Barca 99. We still go Old Trafford but hes a bit too old now for aways. But THAT is exactly what United are to me him & countless others. Family.

Unread 10-05-2017, 04:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
it's a hazard, i'll not lie to you. i'm always getting mixed up between united winning the champions league and blackpool winning the ldv vans trophy, tbf.
Can't be overstated what a great achievement that was, tbf.

Unread 10-05-2017, 04:31 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

This is a great memory. 81 of them

Unread 10-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

This is a great memory. 81 of them

https://youtu.be/zkiKcazMsTY
Is this never talking about it again?

Unread 10-05-2017, 04:59 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Is this never talking about it again?

Unread 10-05-2017, 05:19 PM
CyrilSkeer

There was something about the years between around 1997 - 1999 (not just the final 99) that has never been replicated. Possibly due to the whole emerging force in Europe at the time and its newness, I think it was v's Juventus and Sheringham scored at the Stretford End with a header and the place absolutely erupting and it was like a belief growing that this shit could actually happen.

Unread 10-05-2017, 05:25 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilSkeer
There was something about the years between around 1997 - 1999 (not just the final 99) that has never been replicated. Possibly due to the whole emerging force in Europe at the time and its newness, I think it was v's Juventus and Sheringham scored at the Stretford End with a header and the place absolutely erupting and it was like a belief growing that this shit could actually happen.
You on about the semi in 99? Giggs scored the equaliser if so- Teddy did come on and change the game though...

Unread 10-05-2017, 06:02 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
You on about the semi in 99? Giggs scored the equaliser if so- Teddy did come on and change the game though...
Nah, he means the first time we beat them.
3-2 at Old Trafford, first game after Keane done his knee in.
Everyone was brilliant that night. Johnsen, Giggs, Butt, Pallister, Berg.
Zidane scored a great free kick in at the last few seconds.

Still one of my favourite matches ever

Unread 10-05-2017, 06:23 PM
dunk

Ronnie Johnson had a few belting games in CM, a couple of them against Juve. Could well do with a Ronnie Johnson now

Unread 10-05-2017, 06:32 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Ronnie Johnson had a few belting games in CM, a couple of them against Juve. Could well do with a Ronnie Johnson now
Very underrated player imo.

Unread 10-05-2017, 07:23 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Tbf, Teddy did score in that game. It was just ruled out for offside

Unread 10-05-2017, 10:46 PM
CyrilSkeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Nah, he means the first time we beat them.
3-2 at Old Trafford, first game after Keane done his knee in.
Everyone was brilliant that night. Johnsen, Giggs, Butt, Pallister, Berg.
Zidane scored a great free kick in at the last few seconds.

Still one of my favourite matches ever
Yeah it was the 3-2 in October 97, Juve scored in the first few minutes and was fearing the worst but it kind of spurred them on and created a reaction. Something badly lacking in the past few years.

Unread 10-05-2017, 10:57 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilSkeer
Yeah it was the 3-2 in October 97, Juve scored in the first few minutes and was fearing the worst but it kind of spurred them on and created a reaction. Something badly lacking in the past few years.
Think their goal was as quick as 30 seconds....

Thats a good shout around 97-99, the buzz for Champion League group games during that period was bigger than I get for United in the knock outs now (save for maybe the semi after the clocks have changed and the teams line up to the CL anthem in relative daylight )
Closed Thread