United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Mr_Ed

Default I can't help but respect Wenger

Sure he's a moaning c*** when he loses but what top manager isn't? He also speaks the truth about the game too...

Wenger said: "What is worrying for me is that a player signs somewhere and then the next day he does not even know where he has signed. You cannot say that is a good trend.

Real Madrid's long-running pursuit of Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo has also come in for criticism from Wenger.

"You cannot come out and say 'we pay 250,000-a-week to Ronaldo and 135million', when the player has a six-year contract with Manchester United," he said.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:04 AM
utd99

Default All very true.

But objectivity is a craze that will never catch on round these 'ere parts.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:34 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

I disagree, the man is a sore loser and all round unpleasant. That said all great managers were/are c***s and I can't take anything away from his record as a manager.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:41 AM
Coracao

What are his opinions on paying pittance for players who have been at clubs academies for years?

That surely isn't a good trend either. And yes, I know we're guilty of it too, but they are by far the worst offenders.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

He's only saying that to suit his agenda. If he had his way there would be a transfer cap of 5m.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:45 AM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
I disagree, the man is a sore loser and all round unpleasant. That said all great managers were/are c***s and I can't take anything away from his record as a manager.
Agree with that. Good manager, but terrible loser. How could we forget pizzagate? He also doesn't know how to control his players, and therefore they have discipline problems in general.

Oh, and you wouldn't get away with winning f*** all for years at United like he has at the arse.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:49 AM
Zorg

As a manager you cannot argue with his amazing record.

As a man he's a whingeing crybaby and a very poor loser - rarely congratulates his opponents unlike Ferguson.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:53 AM
Gavp

6 year contract???

Old 12-09-2008, 08:10 AM
Gazw649

Wait till arsenal want someone who cost around 20mill, then we'll see what he has to say

Old 12-09-2008, 08:13 AM
My Name is Keith

He's a great manager and I agreed with everything he said in the interview Mr Ed refers to.

On the downside, he is ungracious and blind when it suits him but that's hardly the end of the world.

I'm all for a bit of terrace nastiness but I find all the paedo stuff that United fans come out with really unnecessary and unpleasant. In fact, it makes United fans look like a bunch of c***s. But hay ho.

Seems like a decent bloke to me.
Closed Thread