United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-06-2007, 09:17 AM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I'm hoping Gibson might go to Sunderland for a year this season, think it'd do him a lot of good. Far too talented and good physically to be written off.
good shout, roy would sort out any attitude problem and it could be the making of the lad

Unread 18-06-2007, 09:19 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
good shout, roy would sort out any attitude problem and it could be the making of the lad
I've not heard about any attitude problem, just vague reports of him not doing great in Antwerp. I just think a season with Keane, playing in the PL would be fantastic for his development, as I sat physically and technically he's superb for his age, just needs some games.

Unread 18-06-2007, 09:21 AM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
I've not heard about any attitude problem, just vague reports of him not doing great in Antwerp. I just think a season with Keane, playing in the PL would be fantastic for his development, as I sat physically and technically he's superb for his age, just needs some games.
i have read somewhere that he is a little too laid back, not a big attitude problem but he may need a rocket up his arse everynow and then.

Unread 18-06-2007, 09:43 AM
sharath

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
i have read somewhere that he is a little too laid back, not a big attitude problem but he may need a rocket up his arse everynow and then.
nail on the head.

He is too laid back...I mean not arsed that much unless there is pressure on him to perform. At antwerp he kept playing upto his normal level and thats why many got dissapointed ( high standards ). Come playoff games, he picked up his perf by a notch or 2 and was easily the best player on the pitch. I am hoping for a season under Robbo.

Unread 18-06-2007, 09:50 AM
celtbion

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Gibson fan. But, with that, I reckon the guy is so good he should have been smashing down the door of the first team squad with his performances at that level of football.

His only problem is a tendency to play a gear below what he should be but he has the full set of gears, if you get me.

Sending him for a year under Robson or Keane would be great. Ince maybe, no.

Unread 18-06-2007, 09:52 AM
koppas

Quote:
With all due respect, if he can't cut if at Antwerp, what makes you think he could do a job in the Premiership under Keane?

Not a dig, a genuine question.

Unread 18-06-2007, 09:57 AM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
With all due respect, if he can't cut if at Antwerp, what makes you think he could do a job in the Premiership under Keane?

Sunderland have Liam Miller in midfield at the moment. nft.

Unread 18-06-2007, 09:58 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas

because of how talented and how good he is physically. The problem with Antwerp is that as I understand our players go their and see it as something to get through rather than any sort of opportunity, Sylvain Blake sais this on the record after he left United. A season with Keane, just like for Simpson and Evans I think would be what he needs imo.

Unread 18-06-2007, 10:01 AM
koppas

Fair point.

Unread 18-06-2007, 10:24 AM
antonin jablonsky

Joe certainly wants to stay.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...R+FERGIE+TALKS

Giuseppe Rossi plans talks with Sir Alex Ferguson upon his return to Manchester United for pre-season training.

The Italy Under 21 international spent last season away from Old Trafford, firstly at Newcastle United and then at Parma, where he impressed in helping the club stay in Serie A.

Parma are hoping to bring Rossi back next term, while Juventus and Sunderland are also rumoured to be interested in the youngster.

Rossi is keen to prove himself at United and displayed his striking skills in Italy's 3-1 win over Czech Republic on Sunday in the European Under 21 Championship.

He hopes Ferguson saw his clinical finish and expects to hold talks with the United manager when he links up with the squad for training.

"Let's hope he was," Rossi told Sky Sports News when asked if Ferguson would have been watching.

"I'll just be going back this summer, then I will have a talk to see what to do.

"I want to stay and play for Manchester United, let's hope so. There is a good chance."

Unread 18-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Luffy

Part of me wonders if this is part of Fergie's plan, rossi is one of the hungriest player's I've seen. When the reserves won those trophies you could see the glint in his eye, he couldnt take his eye off the trophies. The lad is born to score and born to win.

Keeping him in the dark all summer and making him really want that first team spot could be part of fergie's mind games.

Rossi will score more goals for us than Rooney imo, Rossi is also the type to get the best out of those around him so Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson, Scholes, Giggs and Carrick will adore playing with him. He is ideal to link up the play with these players.

-------Carrick --- Hargreaves
Ronaldo----Anderson-----Nani
-------------Rooney---------

Bench:
Scholes
Saha
Giggs
Rossi
Foster

no way these players will all fit into the same squad

Unread 18-06-2007, 11:08 AM
24hr Leavesey

'I just want to cut it at United'

Great choice of words by Rossi, I like the cut of this lad's jib.

Unread 18-06-2007, 11:19 AM
celtbion

Well, for what it's worth, I think he's a better player than Nani at any rate.

Unread 18-06-2007, 11:20 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
Well, for what it's worth, I think he's a better player than Nani at any rate.
Ah, you are joining the write off Nani crowd are you? I love your type, every silver lining has to have a great big black cloud.

Unread 18-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Whalefish

Here we go......

Unread 18-06-2007, 11:29 AM
24hr Leavesey

I'd be disappointed if there's an anti Nani uprising on here, especially if it's on the back of that chelsea scouts comments on the fee we paid for him.

Unread 18-06-2007, 11:33 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
I'd be disappointed if there's an anti Nani uprising on here, especially if it's on the back of that chelsea scouts comments on the fee we paid for him.
Comments a few hours before he played superbly and scored a screamer.

Unread 18-06-2007, 11:34 AM
celtbion

Quote:
Ah, you are joining the write off Nani crowd are you? I love your type, every silver lining has to have a great big black cloud.
Not at all. Could I not think they both look like talented players? I just think Rossi is the bee's knees. Great intelligence about his play. A creativity and guile we lack at times since Scholesy started to decline a bit.

Unread 18-06-2007, 11:35 AM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
What the £#%&! is their agenda anyway?

Nani is a youngster who's just gotten the breakthrough move to a major European league and they try and apply even more pressure to him.

Horrible horrible shower of @#%&!s.

Unread 18-06-2007, 11:36 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
Not at all. Could I not think they both look like talented players? I just think Rossi is the bee's knees. Great intelligence about his play. A creativity and guile we lack at times since Scholesy started to decline a bit.
Of course you can, it's the way you worded it, might be better than use players from other clubs as comparisons, makes you seem less down on ours. It's difficult to tell on here at times see, what with the addiction to gloom.
Closed Thread