Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-06-2014, 11:02 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

Unread 18-06-2014, 11:06 PM
Marvel7

Love the NFL as a sport, I also think there is a lot of good and a lot of sense from salary caps and the draft system.

Unread 18-06-2014, 11:09 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
seems a pretty obvious graphic, what's confusing you? if someone had tweeted it you'd be all over it.

Unread 18-06-2014, 11:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
Love the NFL as a sport, I also think there is a lot of good and a lot of sense from salary caps and the draft system.
Dreadful "sport". Very little skill involved just meatheads running into each other and every move plotted out by some demented @#%&! with a headeset on. 50 odd people in a squad and only about 2 of them have any actual talent.

Unread 18-06-2014, 11:22 PM
liamb123

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
More of a fix than football in europe. I hate it tbh.

The whole idea for owners is they can buy a franchise and eventually it'll be their turn to win. £#%&! that.
The Miami Dolphins, for example, haven't won a Super Bowl for 41 years. Couldn't even win it with Dan Marino playing for them.

Unread 18-06-2014, 11:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamb123
The Miami Dolphins, for example, haven't won a Super Bowl for 41 years. Couldn't even win it with Dan Marino playing for them.
Well if you're going to play the bloke from Ace Ventura you deserve all you get.

Unread 18-06-2014, 11:26 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Dreadful "sport". Very little skill involved just meatheads running into each other and every move plotted out by some demented @#%&! with a headeset on. 50 odd people in a squad and only about 2 of them have any actual talent.
Look just because you don't like yanks doesn't mean you have to not like NFL, it's a great sport when you start to watch it and.......£#%&! I can't do this anymore, NFL is £#%&!ing pump and the only reason their draft systems work is because no one else plays due to it's £#%&!ness. Baseball is alright but only because I can sit and drink beer in the sun all day whilst I'm watching it.

Unread 18-06-2014, 11:56 PM
red in cumbria

There is actually something similar out there called Canadian Football. Think about that

Unread 19-06-2014, 12:07 AM
jem

Quote:
:shakehead:

"I like what I know."

Unread 19-06-2014, 07:11 AM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Gotta agree with this. I've played and seen plenty of matches of basketball and it's a game I enjoy. Baseball as well, interesting sport to watch. There's not much coverage of ice hockey here, but what I've seen - quite enjoy the fast paced matches.

But American football (which should called egghand) is totally shite. The game's main objective is for one team to try and batter the other team, and solely rely on set-pieces to score more or less. Terrible sport with too many breaks. Moreover the sole star of the teams are the quarterbacks.

Genuinely the worst sport there is.

Unread 19-06-2014, 08:39 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
Other teams chose to buy 5 good players where as miami chose to buy 3 very good players and 2 average players.

Unread 19-06-2014, 11:50 AM
boreez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
Gotta agree with this. I've played and seen plenty of matches of basketball and it's a game I enjoy. Baseball as well, interesting sport to watch. There's not much coverage of ice hockey here, but what I've seen - quite enjoy the fast paced matches.

But American football (which should called egghand) is totally shite. The game's main objective is for one team to try and batter the other team, and solely rely on set-pieces to score more or less. Terrible sport with too many breaks. Moreover the sole star of the teams are the quarterbacks.

Genuinely the worst sport there is.
That is the NFL. It's morphed into something different at that level.

Friday night lights between two decent high school teams and it is still a great game.
Closed Thread