United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-04-2014, 12:00 AM
taff

Talking Leeds

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...llini-takeover

Quote:
Cellino is certainly an unlikely saviour. He is also surprisingly naive, judging by the call he took last week from "a Leeds United fan, can we talk for two minutes?" and the ensuing warts-and-all debate about what he really thought of the club. "The team is shit," will give you a flavour. "The worst team I saw in my life." What he did not realise was that he was being recorded for an online show. But regardless of the rights and wrongs of that, how many people in football would spill their professional secrets to a stranger who had rung out of the blue and not even given a name?

Unfortunately, that fits in neatly with the club that Leeds have become. Former owners Gulf Finance House (GFH) were barely seen at Leeds this season. The players are still owed 35% of their salaries for March and a culture of extravagance clearly lives on. Not of Ridsdale-esque proportions, admittedly, but there are still times when Leeds come across like a gambler on a bad streak, jamming everything into the slot machines and hoping it will turn out OK. "A dangerous club, an expensive club," Cellino said. "Eighteen million on wages! For a shit team like that. You shouldn't spend £5m on wages. Not £18m."

He had a point. Leeds signed Noel Hunt from Reading last summer, on £25,000 a week according to Cellino, and the forward has not managed a single goal. They also paid £1m to sign Luke Murphy from Crewe – "I don't remember his name," Cellino said – and bumped him up from £1,700 a week to £22,000. "Are you £#%&!ing crazy?" Cellino asked.

Unread 06-04-2014, 12:07 AM
Denis Irwell

as heartwarming as the taches are gut-wrenching but I fear a knight in shining armour with a turban......

went a bit rawk at the end ....anyway.....

Unread 06-04-2014, 12:08 AM
magic_cantona

Lad I work with is delighted this guys got in. His heart seems to be in the right place, already handed over millions for players and wages etc.

I'm hoping that he's just a massive fraudster tbh

Unread 06-04-2014, 12:32 AM
S/Side.Red

Cellino is a top top boy. I heard that phone interview and it was brilliant. I'm not surprised they want him.
Quote:
TNS “Yeah. What about McDermott? Would you sack him?”

MC “Who?”

TNS “Brian McDermott”

MC “I tell you something. You remember the first thing that I done when I came here? In Leeds? I sack him. Because he came to my table*** I said, listen my friend I’m the owner here, I come to this situation, I said, “Listen my friend, I want a coach, not a manager, I manage the club” You work with me, he said*** no I don’t give a £#%&!. So I tell him ‘Charles.., Brian, get the £#%&! out of here. And we won 5 to 1. OK? I have the balls to do it, and we won 5 to 1.

I love the fan, with the shirt, with the jersey, to the match, everybody was singing a song. Everybody was…. With a shit.. £#%&!ing shit team. You got a shit team, unwatchable.*** The worst team I ever saw in my life. You have a coach that maybe is a good coach, but he doesn’t know to manage a club, and players. He get.. he’s always on television complaining about money, complaining about market, what does that £#%&!ing work with the players. That talk. You just good talking with the £#%&!ing television. Shut your £#%&!ing mouth. Go to work.”
Quote:
McCormack. Ross. I tell him. The 31st of January, he came in Leeds, OK, 5 o’clock in the afternoon. He came to talk with me, to ask me to be transferred to Cardiff for four million pound. I told him, “Get the £#%&! out of here, I don’t sell anyone,. Go to train yourself”
Quote:
If they want to say that I’m not allowed to go there, unfortunately, Leeds go to bankrupt. If Leeds go to bankrupt [unintel] I take him to the court. To the [unintel] court. They go to the jail, because they been ripping off the £#%&!ing fans everyone. With Compass**, with the stadium, with the training** centre, with insurance, with the £#%&!ing Virgin Island company, Cayman Island company. They…You know ,they bought a player last year….”

TNS “Which player”

MC “From League One. I don’t remember his name. And they paid, the player, one million and a half. From League One. And they give him £22,000 a week. £#%&! me! He wages was thousand seven hundred pounds a week, they give him £22,000 a week. From League One. Are you £#%&!ing crazy?
Quote:
“Oh the team is-a shit. It’s a great club. It’s a great club. The only thing thats worth in the club, the only thing that works in the club, the only that that is not a club.. asset***, are the fans. They don’t own even one pair of t-shirt, they don’t.. they have nothing. The fans are the more important thing in the club. Because the people that going round the background they don’t understand , the only thing that… the treasure in Leeds… are the fans. Where do you £#%&!ing get the club that’s taking a risk like that with twenty five thousand people going to see their match. Where else in the world? Where?

[Unintel] that love the £#%&!ing club. Its not [unintel] so there is no money to buy that. You can buy club with a lot of money, big stadium, big players, but if you don’t have the fans… who you play for? Tell me?*** You play for yourself. You don’t buy fans my friend. The people that don’t have familiarity with soccer they don’t understand where are the really assets. The only asset nobody can take you that is worth a lot, a fortune, there’s no money to buy, are the fans. You don’t buy the fans. Never.”

Unread 06-04-2014, 12:39 AM
taff

Quote:
So I tell him ‘Charles.., Brian, get the £#%&! out of here.
ffs

Unread 06-04-2014, 12:40 AM
Fat Al

£#%&! Leeds

£#%&! them in the eye.

I hope the vile @#%&!s disappear from footballing existence.

Unread 06-04-2014, 12:41 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
ffs
I heard that interview on Thursday. Surreal tbh - but £#%&!ing funny.

At least he knows Leeds are shit

Unread 06-04-2014, 12:42 AM
Jack Duckworth

from £1700 to £22000 p/w? wtf?

Unread 06-04-2014, 01:17 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
from £1700 to £22000 p/w? wtf?
Murphy is a decent young player but that's a lot of money for a club losing £1m+ per month, but Hunt is supposedly on circa £25k a week and barely starts, Diouff is on big money and has disappeared off the radar too

Unread 11-04-2014, 10:51 PM
thatsfuctit

Haigh has quit after Cellino had the whole place swept and hidden cameras were found in the board room and toilets

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...m-toilets.html

Unread 11-04-2014, 11:00 PM
andyroo

Quote:
You have a coach that maybe is a good coach, but he doesn’t know to manage a club, and players. He get.. he’s always on television complaining about money, complaining about market, what does that £#%&!ing work with the players. That talk. You just good talking with the £#%&!ing television. Shut your £#%&!ing mouth. Go to work.
Sounds awfully familiar

Unread 11-04-2014, 11:03 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Lad I work with is delighted this guys got in. His heart seems to be in the right place, already handed over millions for players and wages etc.

I'm hoping that he's just a massive fraudster tbh
"Massimo Cellino is an Italian entrepreneur, football club owner, and convicted fraudster."

Unread 11-04-2014, 11:53 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Haigh has quit after Cellino had the whole place swept and hidden cameras were found in the board room and toilets
bet martin edwards wishes he'd thought of that.

Unread 12-04-2014, 10:19 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
"Massimo Cellino is an Italian entrepreneur, football club owner, and convicted fraudster."
And that the circus continues, he sacks manager every week whilst rinsing them to death. The usual.

Unread 21-05-2014, 01:31 PM
thatsfuctit

Haigh arrested and banged up in Dubai

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27502223

Unread 21-05-2014, 01:42 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Haigh arrested and banged up in Dubai

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27502223
Points deductions, demotions, insolvency etc

Unread 18-06-2014, 06:31 PM
red in cumbria

The owners want to appoint a 56 year old former manager of Forest Green Rovers as their new boss. Their fans are seething

Unread 18-06-2014, 06:49 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The owners want to appoint a 56 year old former manager of Forest Green Rovers as their new boss. Their fans are seething
I can confirm this. My boss/mate is raging.

"I've never heard of the @#%&!!!!"

Looks like Cellinos promise of spending big etc might just have been bullshit

Unread 18-06-2014, 07:01 PM
MagnificentSeven

it won't matter to them how shit they do though, they'll be more gutted if we win the league next year than if they get relegated. they're even more bitter than the berties. scum @#%&!s.

Unread 18-06-2014, 07:07 PM
Jack Duckworth

Thumbs up

only managerial experience is 3 years in the conference with forest green got potted from there in october after losing 7/8.

leeds
Closed Thread