United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-03-2014, 10:53 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Default What are the biggest games ?

Is it Barca v Madrid ?

What's the biggest premier league game now too?

Someone mentioned in another thread about Fergie saying it was united Liverpool as the biggest game in the world, got me thinking...

Unread 13-03-2014, 10:55 AM
Ethers

Blackburn v City.

Unread 13-03-2014, 10:56 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

For me its not about who is top of the league etc but about rivalry and history so the big game in this country will always be United v Liverpool

Unread 13-03-2014, 10:57 AM
Jethro

Aris Saloniki vs PAOK Saloniki. Plates and feta everywhere

Unread 13-03-2014, 10:58 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
For me its not about who is top of the league etc but about rivalry and history so the big game in this country will always be United v Liverpool
It differs for me.

Yes United Liverpool is a big game, bigger still if United are going for the league.

Surely a big game can be determined by who is going for the title. e.g City V Chelsea this season was a 'big game'

Unread 13-03-2014, 11:00 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
It differs for me.

Yes United Liverpool is a big game, bigger still if United are going for the league.

Surely a big game can be determined by who is going for the title. e.g City V Chelsea this season was a 'big game'
Of course they are big games but the real stand out fixtures will always be United v Liverpool in this country.

Unread 13-03-2014, 11:01 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

TBH the first game I always look for is City

Unread 13-03-2014, 11:01 AM
believe

FC v Witton.

Unread 13-03-2014, 11:06 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Of course they are big games but the real stand out fixtures will always be United v Liverpool in this country.

This for me.

Non united big games for me probably Tottenham arsenal and merseyside derby.

Unread 13-03-2014, 11:07 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
This for me.

Non united big games for me probably Tottenham arsenal and merseyside derby.
sometimes the mask really slips.

Unread 13-03-2014, 11:08 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
sometimes the mask really slips.

??

Unread 13-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Marvel7

Biggest game is a coin flip between United v Liverpool and Madrid v Barca. I would say the spanish version has appeared bigger in recent times because the game has more meaning in terms of the points at stake. There has not been a league game with real importance to both sides between United and Liverpool for some time, maybe 1 or 2 in the last ten years.

Unread 13-03-2014, 11:14 AM
Stickman

El Classico is the biggest.

Utd Liverpool second

In the premiership id actually put United V Arsenal third

Arsenal Liverpools always felt quite a big one too - bigger than Chelsea arsenal and arsenal spurs for instance.

Unread 13-03-2014, 11:16 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
Biggest game is a coin flip between United v Liverpool and Madrid v Barca. I would say the spanish version has appeared bigger in recent times because the game has more meaning in terms of the points at stake. There has not been a league game with real importance to both sides between United and Liverpool for some time, maybe 1 or 2 in the last ten years.
What's the biggest premier league clash for the global market now? It's always going to be united, but against who?

Unread 13-03-2014, 11:17 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

Utd Liverpool second

In the premiership id actually put United V Arsenal third

Arsenal Liverpools always felt quite a big one too - bigger than Chelsea arsenal and arsenal spurs for instance.

The Milan derby used to be a biggie, how times have changed.

Unread 13-03-2014, 11:18 AM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

Utd Liverpool is second

See I agree with that but if United and Liverpool were swapping 1st and 2nd in the league back and forth with only occasional interruptions for next ten years then it would become the biggest.

Unread 13-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Zorg

Osk vs. Gblund, biggest game in Icelandic lower league football

Unread 13-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
See I agree with that but if United and Liverpool were swapping 1st and 2nd in the league back and forth with only occasional interruptions for next ten years then it would become the biggest.
Possibly. The Spanish too also have 13 European cups between them. That's a pretty fierce haul.

Unread 13-03-2014, 11:21 AM
barca99

Quote:
Agreed.

First one i look for when fixtures are released.

Unread 13-03-2014, 11:22 AM
S/Side.Red

What does biggest mean? Greatest rivalry?

Real vs Barca and Boca vs River are the big two, for me.

English football can come up a little short on the genuine pure hatred needed for a top derby, imo. What passes for hatred here is minor dislike compared to other parts of the world.
Closed Thread