United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-07-2012, 11:36 PM
MUFC One Love

If we are going for him I can only presume Fergie is going for a city type formation. Two midfielders sat deep then the rest do what the £#%&! they want. If they are talented it works. He must think Carrick, Scholes, Anderson and Cleverley can play there is enough for it.

Unread 12-07-2012, 11:38 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
If we are going for him I can only presume Fergie is going for a city type formation. Two midfielders sat deep then the rest do what the £#%&! they want. If they are talented it works. He must think Carrick, Scholes, Anderson and Cleverley can play there is enough for it.
It was such a roaring success last season, I guess it makes sense to give it another go

Unread 12-07-2012, 11:39 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
He's just as good a prospect as Rodriguez mate.
Don't think so pal, probably woulda agreed with you a year ago but after seeing him in a couple of games i've decided he's a combo of the the worst versions of Walcott and Nani.

Thank god you're not the boss, we'd have a first XI of just dribblers. Dembele.

Unread 12-07-2012, 11:40 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
And Powell. Don't forget Powell. O'Gradi said he can play there when we were undecided whether or not to hand over £3m.

Unread 12-07-2012, 11:40 PM
borsuk

Quote:

Unread 12-07-2012, 11:41 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
It was such a roaring success last season, I guess it makes sense to give it another go
Yes city won the league pal.

Where as we played a rigid 4-4-2 once Cleverley and Anderson got injured and our early form fizzled out.

Unread 12-07-2012, 11:43 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

Wouldn't surprise me if Fergie has earmarked him for one of the holding roles in midfield next season. Fergie loves signing an attacker and would rather buy one than a deeper midfielder.

Not a chance will we be signing Moura anyway. I can see us going into the new season with what we have.

Unread 12-07-2012, 11:43 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
Officially the best face ever to be pulled by accident. And to think Sparky thinks he's a mong.

Unread 12-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Manchester

Why have the Mail had 3 goes at the same article this week? £#%&! wits.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ed-switch.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...cas-Mauro.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz20RsNt5SO

Unread 12-07-2012, 11:59 PM
S/Side.Red

Very hard to believe the story.

Looking at the front four attacking places in the side, if we signed Lucas we'd have him, Nani, Young, Valencia, Kagawa, Rooney, Welbeck, Chicharito and Berbatov. Nine players for four places? That's insane. And then there's Giggs and Powell as options. The squad is actually huge already.

That said, I thought Fergie looked quite confident about signing another player earlier, almost as if it was close.

At least the fact they're saying we're in Brazil and want the deal done quickly should mean we'll know if it's %@#$&!s fairly quickly.

Unread 13-07-2012, 12:03 AM
dunk

If we've got £30m, use Berbs as a makeweight and get Pato then go to Madrid and spring Sahin, on loan if necessary, and then see what's left over to find a ball winner.

Oh, and don't buy Baines.

We'd be interesting to watch at least.

Unread 13-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Whalefish

The way the midfield is looking and lack of a decent midfield signing I'd take £#%&!ing Gago on a loan deal atm.

FFS. This club and it's toss midfield options. Such a key area. Need some fight in there and some drive. But no, its ok, we'll just keep adding players who play in other positions. Midfield? La la la la la la. Not listening....

I need another drink and some more Dr John.

Unread 13-07-2012, 12:53 AM
bobbledinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchester
Was hoping someone pointed this out. We've sent Lawlor on 3 return trips to Brazil inside a week. Poor @#%&!.

Unread 13-07-2012, 12:55 AM
borsuk

either they're desperate to fill space or they're dead sure the deal's going to happen.

i know what my money's on

Unread 13-07-2012, 12:57 AM
bobbledinho

I hope it's filler because this kid isn't worth anywhere near £30million.

Unread 13-07-2012, 06:14 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbledinho
I hope it's filler because this kid isn't worth anywhere near £30million.
the numbers in these reports are always pulled out of the air. increments, installments, wages, signing-on fee, payments to agents, image rights, bungs... and it all gets nicely packaged as one number, usually a nice round one

baines, this kid, fine, bring em in but strengthen the midfield ffs.

more comments about dembele this morning, from a teammate from the belgium national squad

Unread 13-07-2012, 06:34 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Don't think so pal, probably woulda agreed with you a year ago but after seeing him in a couple of games i've decided he's a combo of the the worst versions of Walcott and Nani.

Thank god you're not the boss, we'd have a first XI of just dribblers. Dembele.

Come on pal.

Unread 13-07-2012, 07:21 AM
Whip Hubley

I'd be pretty happy, I guess, with Dembele Moutinho Moura and Baines. I might even write a little poem to signify that fact.

We'll battle on
With a donut strategy
But all we need
Is a midfield 3
So give us the strength
The gods watch over us
Our new heroes, with tears
In their narrow eyes
Slick football
The Manchester way
So yes,
Purchase a midfield frigsan
And we will prevail

Unread 13-07-2012, 07:27 AM
borsuk

spain and barca play without a recognised striker, maybe we're going to play without a recognised midfielder #closingthegap

Unread 13-07-2012, 08:39 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Very hard to believe the story.

Looking at the front four attacking places in the side, if we signed Lucas we'd have him, Nani, Young, Valencia, Kagawa, Rooney, Welbeck, Chicharito and Berbatov. Nine players for four places? That's insane. And then there's Giggs and Powell as options. The squad is actually huge already.

That said, I thought Fergie looked quite confident about signing another player earlier, almost as if it was close.

At least the fact they're saying we're in Brazil and want the deal done quickly should mean we'll know if it's %@#$&!s fairly quickly.
Baines.
Closed Thread