United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Child of Darkness

there both a pair of traitorous @#%&!s , who said consistently before the take over they were against it - then took the glazers shilling .

No faith in either of them . Fergusons trade union bullshit background makes him the worse culprit IMO.

Imagine how different his attitude would have been if he was still a ship welder and some foreign owners were threatening to take over the ship yard and lay staff off.

Judas @#%&!

Unread 13-07-2012, 12:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
No it isn't. Ferguson could have stopped the takeover single-handedly - he'd have risked his job but if he'd have walked/gone on strike so would United's fanbase as a whole.
They would've taken the club over and replaced him. There was £#%&! all anyone could do except prevent them from buying shares. The banks and Government could and should've stopped it, but didn't.

Gill and Ferguson with both against the takeover and said as much, until it happened, IIRC. What was said prior to the takeover was all negative by everyone involved, it didn't make one iota of difference.

Unread 13-07-2012, 12:53 PM
RedMenace

The banks wouldn't have lent the gimps the money if Fergie walked by all accounts.

Unread 13-07-2012, 12:53 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
They would've taken the club over and replaced him. There was £#%&! all anyone could do except prevent them from buying shares. The banks and Government could and should've stopped it, but didn't.

Gill and Ferguson with both against the takeover and said as much, until it happened, IIRC. What was said prior to the takeover was all negative by everyone involved, it didn't make one iota of difference.
It isn't as simple as that, and you know it.

Unread 13-07-2012, 12:54 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Gill and Ferguson with both against the takeover and said as much, until it happened, IIRC.
Very much doubt that.

He was in a position to kill it before it began.

But no, he listened to what they had to say and was very impressed by them, wasn't he?

"My loyalty is to my staff"

Unread 13-07-2012, 12:55 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
He was in a position to kill it before it began.

But no, he listened to what they had to say and was very impressed by them, wasn't he?

"My loyalty is to my staff"
Was just about to post that, he has said it quite a few times about lookign after his staff. £#%&!er.

Unread 13-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Unread 13-07-2012, 01:01 PM
The Watcher

The takeover was around the time that Coolmore sent their '99 Questions' to the club and there were serious questions around his involvement in a number of transfers. Think I'm right in saying they prevented the board from authorising a new long term contract for Fergie too. tbh, he was probably delighted when the Glazers offered to buy out the Irish pair.

Most of the match fan base didn't give a £#%&! and did nothing to prevent the takeover, they shouldn't have needed the manager to point out being put £700 million in debt wasn't a great idea. Thick @#%&!s.

Unread 13-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Apparently, the manager's the wrong bloke to ask if you want to know how the clubs financial position has effected recruitment of new players

Anyway, I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities for the press to quiz the owners about what the £#%&! is going on at the club once the season starts

£#%&!ing #@&%!s.
empty vessels make the most noise

and £#%&! me you're loud

Unread 13-07-2012, 03:35 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It isn't as simple as that, and you know it.
But nor is the opposite point of view that others are arguing here.

Coming out against the gimps like that would have been a HUGE gamble. It *might* have worked - and if it did, then fantastic. But what if, for a whole variety of possible reasons, it didn't?

The bottom line is, SAF didn't want to risk everything he had achieved here going down the shitter. Understandable, tbh.......

Whether his more recent attitude is right is another matter, mind

Unread 14-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Jerry the Berry

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Sat on my hand till it was numb and painted my finger nails, passed the numb arm through a curtain and had a £#%&!, 'Prison £#%&!' never sat on my #@&%! to do it though...

Superb
Closed Thread