United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-09-2013, 08:25 PM
The Weeknd

Default We know the positions we need in but who are players?

Would like to know who people would try and sign at LB,CM and the wings.

Unread 28-09-2013, 08:26 PM
armchair

fabregas, thiago or that other guy we failed to sign.

Unread 28-09-2013, 08:48 PM
Aman27deep

Thanks to the inflated market and the glazers we'll never sign the players we should.

Unread 28-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Crumps

Baines and Herrara/Fabregas. I think the players at the club are enough for the wings tbh, I said in pre season sorting the midfield out and having a CM who operates mainly in the opposition half and has good distribution would see a massive improvement in the wingers and I still stand by that.

Should be in for Pirlo if he becomes available.

Unread 28-09-2013, 08:53 PM
armchair

Honestly, I'd give 2 of smalling/jones/evans a go if vidic is out. Before we know it jones/smalling will be overly tall, shit fullbacks who don't have a clue about playing cd

Unread 28-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Honestly, I'd give 2 of smalling/jones/evans a go if vidic is out. Before we know it jones/smalling will be overly tall, shit fullbacks who don't have a clue about playing cd
Aye were in the perfect position to phase out Rio and phase in one of them 3 with a view to do similar with Vidic down the line Raf at right back and a bit of luck as it is a long shot Fabio at left back meaning our back 4 was sorted for the next ten years.

If we aren't gonna win owt just stick them in and let em learn on the job. Finishing 5th or 10th is equally £#%&! so if and it is a big if tbh we are gonna £#%&! this season up badly we may as well get a positive out of it.

Unread 28-09-2013, 08:59 PM
elhombre

Edgar Davids, Marcelo Salas, Roberto Carlos.

Unread 28-09-2013, 09:00 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
This.

Smalling/Jones/Evans have a great shot at being our centre backs for the next 10 years.

If we're going to accept top 4 as our aims for the next couple of years we should be building these lads up now.

Same for Welbeck, Cleverley, Zaha - we need that core British/Irish in the team.

Unread 28-09-2013, 09:12 PM
rebelcountyred

coentrao, garay, herrerra

Unread 28-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Jez Quigley

Bale, Ronaldo and a young van Bommel.

Unread 28-09-2013, 09:34 PM
MIFF

Quote:
Jones is halfway to becoming the new o'shea.

Unread 28-09-2013, 09:34 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
Edgar Davids, Marcelo Salas, Roberto Carlos.
Remember marcelo salas. That was another promised scarf shot

Unread 28-09-2013, 09:35 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIFF
The guy is a freak of nature/natural talent but playing him at fullback is like playing rooney in midfield.

Unread 28-09-2013, 09:38 PM
The Weeknd

I still think we should pay whatever it takes for Marco Reus.

New number 7

Unread 28-09-2013, 09:39 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIFF
From Duncan Edwards to John O'Shea in two seasons

Unread 28-09-2013, 09:40 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
From Duncan Edwards to John O'Shea in two seasons
tbf he's a much better fb than jos (who was also a converted ch)

Unread 28-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weeknd
I still think we should pay whatever it takes for Marco Reus.

New number 7
Would be wasted on Moyes.

Unread 28-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Nani

Put in another thread but gutted we missed out on Coentrao. Could have made the difference on a day like today.

Unread 28-09-2013, 09:53 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nani
Put in another thread but gutted we missed out on Coentrao. Could have made the difference on a day like today.
Welcome Nani, any other Portuguese lads worth having a look at?

Unread 28-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Nani

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
Welcome Nani, any other Portuguese lads worth having a look at?
I once bumped into SAF and told him to sign a guy called Bebe. He trusted me that much he said he would sign him with out even checking him out.
Closed Thread