United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Default If the Glazers Business Plan is so Sound

Why don't they share it with us and and open the books?

It would greatly help to allay the fears that many fans have over the future and we could all sit back and enjoy the football without this lingering cloud hanging over us all.

We spent virtually nothing in the last 2 years as purchases were counter balanced with sales, but this year we have spent money and those of us that care for the long term health of the club would really like to know where the money is coming from and what impact it has on the debt. Also it would be nice to have an actual estimate of when the debt will be payed off, i.e 2010, 2020 or whatever.

If the glazers plan is so sound they should reveal more - they are their own worst enemies in being secretive if things really are as hunky dory as they claim.

Unread 09-08-2007, 05:53 PM
mufc treble 99

probably because it involves a 100% increase in all ticket/merchandise prices in the next 10 years

Unread 09-08-2007, 06:00 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Wait for KTR or Tufty running over to here to defend the @#%&!s.

Unread 09-08-2007, 06:01 PM
MethodMan

why the £#%&! would they?

they are the supplier and you are the customer

do companies usually give customers free access to their confidential information?

if you are that interested do a company search and download their last audited accounts

Unread 09-08-2007, 06:11 PM
bored

I must've missed the glazer 'hunky dory' press conference.

Unread 09-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy

It would greatly help to allay the fears that many fans have over the future and we could all sit back and enjoy the football without this lingering cloud hanging over us all.

We spent virtually nothing in the last 2 years as purchases were counter balanced with sales, but this year we have spent money and those of us that care for the long term health of the club would really like to know where the money is coming from and what impact it has on the debt. Also it would be nice to have an actual estimate of when the debt will be payed off, i.e 2010, 2020 or whatever.

If the glazers plan is so sound they should reveal more - they are their own worst enemies in being secretive if things really are as hunky dory as they claim.
As i posted in an earlier thread about a similar issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar
We haven't spent a penny in reality.

Smith went for around £6 million
Richardson went for £5.5 million
Rossi went for around £7 million
Heinze could go for around £7 million

Add to that the extra £30million tv money this season and it all adds up to £55.5million

Hargreaves - £17million
Nani - £17million
Anderson - £17million

These 3 add up to £51million, not sure how much we have to fork out for Tevez but it is looking like another £0 net spend for the Glazers this summer.
The Glazers business plan is sound, increase prices as much as possible while spending as little as possible.

Unread 09-08-2007, 06:22 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

The emboldened bit is my favourite bit; good work LMC

Unread 10-08-2007, 12:45 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
As i posted in an earlier thread about a similar issue

The Glazers business plan is sound, increase prices as much as possible while spending as little as possible.
That is actually a very good point and if true why dont they simply show that and explain it. If the plan is sound we should all be privy to it. It's not much to ask really, just peace of mind that the club we have all grown up with and had passed down to us for generations is not being negatively risked.

Sure they dont have to, sure they are just a business and we are customers but MUFC is more than a football club, it's a way of life for people, Old Trafford is a unique part of Manchester's heritage, yes it's a business but the people that manage United also have a responsibility as owners to have some transparency with the people that have made it what it is, i.e. the supporters.

I just completely fail to see why they cant be more open with things, even just a very high level single paragraph summary of their forecasts for the next few years would do. They go to the trouble of bland remarks like 'dont worry' so why not go one stage further and just explain why we dont need to worry.

That could certainly repair a some of the poor relations they have had so far with supporters and would only help the club, after all, supporters that believe in the future are going to be a lot more accepting of increases and a lot more likely to stick with the club than if they are simply blindly led along and continuously asked to pay more and more. This cloud of doubt is feeding discontent and leading to some supporters that where willing to stick to the club despite the increases to question whether it's worth it any more.

Unread 10-08-2007, 12:49 AM
Camel

more importantly, why has tha massive spider crawled up the wall near me.

funny how they always stop when you stare at them.

Unread 10-08-2007, 12:51 AM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
That is actually a very good point and if true why dont they simply show that and explain it. If the plan is sound we should all be privy to it. It's not much to ask really, just peace of mind that the club we have all grown up with and had passed down to us for generations is not being negatively risked.

Sure they dont have to, sure they are just a business and we are customers but MUFC is more than a football club, it's a way of life for people, Old Trafford is a unique part of Manchester's heritage, yes it's a business but the people that manage United also have a responsibility as owners to have some transparency with the people that have made it what it is, i.e. the supporters.

I just completely fail to see why they cant be more open with things, even just a very high level single paragraph summary of their forecasts for the next few years would do. They go to the trouble of bland remarks like 'dont worry' so why not go one stage further and just explain why we dont need to worry.

That could certainly repair a some of the poor relations they have had so far with supporters and would only help the club, after all, supporters that believe in the future are going to be a lot more accepting of increases and a lot more likely to stick with the club than if they are simply blindly led along and continuously asked to pay more and more. This cloud of doubt is feeding discontent and leading to some supporters that where willing to stick to the club despite the increases to question whether it's worth it any more.
Brilliant post.

And they will not give an answer because, it is so laden with debt it would scare you......

BTW anyone know of Uncle Malc's health ?? I hope the @#%&! has had a painful time.

Unread 10-08-2007, 12:52 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
more importantly, why has tha massive spider crawled up the wall near me.

funny how they always stop when you stare at them.
they have more eyes than legs

they see everything

Unread 10-08-2007, 01:02 AM
tatty

The effects of the imminent credit crunch will scupper the Glazers efforts to restructure their debt at any sort of reasonable rate.

The club is £#%&!ed and all this dribble about net expenditure on players and adding a couple of hundred quid to ticket prices is just smoke.

Fans are venting about something they do understand whilst the £#%&!ing huge elephant in the goalmouth is ignored because it's too complicated or dull to try and understand .

Unread 10-08-2007, 01:02 AM
Johnaldo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
Brilliant post.

And they will not give an answer because, it is so laden with debt it would scare you......

BTW anyone know of Uncle Malc's health ?? I hope the @#%&! has had a painful time.
Nailed.

Unread 10-08-2007, 01:19 AM
Cantona's collar

Quote:

The reason that the Glazers won't come out and tell us their business plan is because the plan is to increase revenue by squeezing every last penny out of the fans.

Can you imagine the uproar if they came out and admitted that in order to service the debt they needed to increase ticket prices by at least 15% a season whilst at the same time spending the bare minimum in terms of strengthening the squad?

The Glazers will not speak to the fans and be open about their plans because they know damn well that what they have to say would not be well received.

Unread 10-08-2007, 08:47 AM
MethodMan

They're Yanks - what do you expect?

FFS they didnt even know Europe existed until circa 1939

It just demonstrates the typical Yank arrogant way of doing business I'm afraid

Unread 10-08-2007, 09:52 AM
violater

yep they should disclose their plans to make a profit from a company they have bought.

this even is common with all business owners

Unread 10-08-2007, 10:22 AM
sharath

oh and with PLC we would have decreased the ticket prices

Unread 10-08-2007, 06:00 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
yep they should disclose their plans to make a profit from a company they have bought.

this even is common with all business owners
Er, no it's not but then mufc is not a common business.

Unread 10-08-2007, 06:05 PM
armchair

Quote:
Er, no it's not but then mufc is not a common business.
and?

Unread 10-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Spot on but sadly they don't seem to give a £#%&!.
As long as the cash is rolling in the parasites will continue to leech from the club.

I get the feeling that the Glazers will only address the fans if they feel a charm offensive is desperately required, at the minute the club is playing to a 70,000+ sell out crowd who are spending more money than they ever have before, job well done as far as they are concerned.
They are planning/praying for a CL win this season

It could all go very Leeds if we don't.
Closed Thread