United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Ginners

Default Re: Darren Bent to Villa for 18mill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He's made no mention of bringing a striker in at all.
that is true, he hasnt mentioned what position. but the guy on sunday suplement said hes hinted at it being a striker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
you've got to read between the lines mate.

in ginnersland, "we aren't doing any business in january" means "we're signing a striker and selling owen"
oi you silly voiced %@#$&!, go and find the most recent quote and come back and apologise.

Unread 17-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Baron

Vermin apparently enquiring after Downing

Unread 17-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Tronics

£18M for Bent? £#%&! me. Villa must be desperate.

Unread 17-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
£18M for Bent? £#%&! me. Villa must be desperate.
The price is ridiculous, but for that they've got a guaranteed goal scorer, whichever team he plays at. And as said, only drogba and Rooney have scored more since his debut in the premiership.

You have to really look at other fees paid, and bring the city equation into it. City paid 24/6m for Milner, and have got what for it? Villa have paid 18m for someone they know will get goals, which could keep them in the premiership.

Unread 17-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Serenity Now

Like I've always said, scoring goals is the hardest and, arguably, the most important thing in football. So although £18 million might be a bit rich, at the end of the day you can't put a price on a goalscorer.

Unread 17-01-2011, 05:44 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Like I've always said, scoring goals is the hardest and, arguably, the most important thing in football. So although £18 million might be a bit rich, at the end of the day you can't put a price on a goalscorer.

Alright Jamie

Unread 17-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Lok

Quote:
Yes you can, £18m.

Worth it though.

Unread 17-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion

Alright Jamie
You might disagree, but at the end of the day football's all about opinions. That's why we all love it so much.

Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Gyan is nothing like Bent.
Read it again u £#%&!ing #@&%!, I never said he was like a clone of Bent. I said he was a replacement. By this mean someone good enough to come in & take his shirt.

Sandman

Owen to SunderlandI wouldn't take anything Fergie says about transfers seriously tbh.

Unread 17-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Yes you can, £18m.

Worth it though.
You can't though. If he weren't a goalscorer, maybe you could, but if anyone's a goalscorer it's Darren Bent.

Unread 17-01-2011, 05:55 PM
hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Owen to SunderlandI wouldn't take anything Fergie says about transfers seriously tbh.
no chance, macheda's gone, so we'd be left with 3 strikers. unless you count giggs, obertan, and bebe as forwards

Unread 17-01-2011, 06:08 PM
borsuk

anyone else reckon randy's doing it just to piss mon off?

Unread 17-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
anyone else reckon randy's doing it just to piss mon off?
Why would he have anything against Jamaicans?

Unread 17-01-2011, 06:19 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up Re: Darren Bent to Villa for 18mill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Because if you'd watched him closely recently, he hasn't seem the same since his injury.

I know form is temorary and all that, but I think this hamstring injury has really affected him, both physically and psychologically. His game is based around and pace and finishing, without that he doesn't offer a lot. He looks way off the pace at the moment.

The change from 4-5-1 hasn't helped things either, the whole team was geared towards him scoring. Since then he has been playing as more as the fulcrum of the team, with Gyan and Welbeck playing to his side but you might as well put Bramble up there cos Bent doesn't have the touch or the ability in tight areas.

Brucey look so pissed off with him yesterday, wasting chance after chance. I think he'll buy more of a figurehead for the team, someone Gyan and Welbeck can feed off cos they need someone who can hold the ball under pressure
Nail on the head there, I think. It's why he failed at Spurs.

Unread 17-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
Read it again u £#%&!ing #@&%!, I never said he was like a clone of Bent. I said he was a replacement. By this mean someone good enough to come in & take his shirt.
arse seen

Unread 17-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Bit mental he's basically gone for the same money Ibrahimovic did though & only £3m less than Dzeko as well.
Well he's miles better than Ibrahimovic for a start

Unread 17-01-2011, 06:33 PM
believe

Thumbs down Re: Darren Bent to Villa for 18mill

and SAF has the cheek to say there's no value

Unread 17-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Tronics

Quote:
You might disagree, but at the end of the day football's all about opinions. That's why we all love it so much.

Unread 17-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
Read it again u £#%&!ing #@&%!, .

No thanks, reading your posts once is bad enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
and SAF has the cheek to say there's no value
Closed Thread