United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
View Poll Results: Who will win?
United 38 73.08%
Spurs 4 7.69%
Draw 10 19.23%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 28-10-2017, 03:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
2016 played 10 pts 15
2017 played 10 pts 23

#progress.
The stats would appear to back up your theory but i disagree in terms of what i'm seeing in our general play on the pitch.

Unread 28-10-2017, 03:31 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
But arguably that's why we employed him, we need to get back into the winning habit post-SAF. For the moment, style is nice but secondary.
Possibly. The standards had dropped low enough that our 'morals' had become secondary.

If he's short term and brings a winning mentality and habit back to the club, would anyone really complain.

Unread 28-10-2017, 03:40 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Possibly. The standards had dropped low enough that our 'morals' had become secondary.

If he's short term and brings a winning mentality and habit back to the club, would anyone really complain.
New to sandman and Alan pal.

Unread 28-10-2017, 03:41 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie

Unread 28-10-2017, 03:42 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Totally.

My issue 1st half was how poor our players were individually- couldn’t string simple passes together. The whole focus on here is how mou has set it up, negative blah blah - it’s so boring - when the players were £#%&!ing it up all the time.
Yep

The last few performances before today have been down to the players £#%&!ing up, being cowards or both. First half started like it too, second half they upped their game and we looked like a different side.

Unread 28-10-2017, 03:44 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep

The last few performances before today have been down to the players f***ing up, being cowards or both. First half started was like it too, second half they upped their game and we looked like a different side.
It was nice to see us actually kick on and improve as the game went on.

Unread 28-10-2017, 03:47 PM
AK14

Quote:
It was nice to see us actually kick on and improve as the game went on.
Makes a change doesn't it!

Felt a little like the arsenal game at OT last season where we were 1-0 but conceded a late equaliser. Instead of retreating as soon as we went ahead we actually looked like we controlled the game . I think the improvements are definitely there, trouble is we're missing a few to many key players and their replacements aren't up to much

Need pogba and fellaini back asap.

Unread 28-10-2017, 03:49 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Makes a change doesn't it!

Felt a little like the arsenal game at OT last season where we were 1-0 but conceded a late equaliser. Instead of retreating as soon as we went ahead we actually looked like we controlled the game . I think the improvements are definitely there, trouble is we're missing a few to many key players and their replacements aren't up to much

Need pogba and fellaini back asap.
Felt a bit like the spurs game from last season to me.

You notice how important pogba is to us more when he isn't there.

Unread 28-10-2017, 03:54 PM
red in cumbria

I see that the poll is still open

Unread 28-10-2017, 04:01 PM
Cream

Quote:
2016 played 10 pts 15
2017 played 10 pts 23

#progress.
Quote:
We're better. It's debatable how much.

And we should be better. We finished 6th.
approx 54% better.

But let's ignore that and have a good moan after beating a team level on points (who recently drew in the Bernabeu). Half our midfield missing. Top of our group in the champions league. Through to the next round of the league cup. DISASTER.

Unread 28-10-2017, 04:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
approx 54% better.

But let's ignore that and have a good moan after beating a team level on points (who recently drew in the Bernabeu). Half our midfield missing. Top of our group in the champions league. Through to the next round of the league cup. DISASTER.
Who said it was a disaster?

Unread 28-10-2017, 04:07 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Who said it was a disaster?
Fergie, when he was making a point about criticism of his successful side to an audience of bed wetting journos.

Unread 28-10-2017, 04:08 PM
Clarkie

Jesus, Poch's record away to the top 6 is absolutely dreadful.

Unread 28-10-2017, 04:26 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
I look forward to that being analysed like hell and him being called an enemy of football just as Jose was after the Liverpool game.

Unread 28-10-2017, 04:36 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
dare I say it.... A touch of David Moyes at Everton about that stat......

Unread 28-10-2017, 04:39 PM
Alan

Quote:
New to sandman and Alan pal.
Oh hi Keith. Sorry for not towing the party line pal. In future I'll mimic your posting style that gets right behind the players and manager no matter what

Quote:
He’s built like a brick shit house but can’t protect the ball whatsoever. Gets out muscled by 10 stone players. His touch is woeful too.
Quote:
At last - a bit of football
Quote:
Said this for years - having to run uphill and then re-adjust. Shouldn’t be beyond professional footballers but is beyond our shit c***s.
Quote:
Jesus Jose - appalling sub decision.

Unread 28-10-2017, 04:56 PM
Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
We're not playing badly, we're playing the way Mourinho sets us up to.

It just looks bad.
Don't think that's the case.

Even if Mourinho sets United up to play this way, he most certainly doesn't instruct the midfield to lose the ball, pass the ball like @#%&!s, cross the ball like @#%&!s and be brushed off the ball easily.

His style of play is based on possession of the ball which requires accurate passing and being solid in all areas. United are anything but that, and most of the players are simply not capable of his style.

Unread 28-10-2017, 04:57 PM
Clarkie

Some people? Sand people?

Possible shots fired? Not for me to say...

Unread 28-10-2017, 05:21 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Oh hi Keith. Sorry for not towing the party line pal. In future I'll mimic your posting style that gets right behind the players and manager no matter what
I’ve never seen you post anything remotely positive in all the time you’ve been on here. You’re relentlessly negative. I quite like your consistency in a weird way.

Sandman’s a grade a anti mourinho dick - has no proportion whatsoever and only pops up when we’re struggling so it maybe a bit unfair to group the two of you together because you don’t do that do you.

I think you’ll find I do try and find the positive quite a bit of the time. But yeah, lukaku had a mare today and should have been subbed imo, we couldn’t pass it 1st half, our corners are usually quite shit but we stepped up 2nd half and won.

I don’t think we’re title contenders based on what I’ve seen over the last couple of weeks and the football’s a lot worse than I think it should be. I don’t put as much of that at the managers door as you do and we’ll see what happens when our midfield gets back on track.

Progress.

Unread 28-10-2017, 05:52 PM
utd99

Quote:
I’ve never seen you post anything remotely positive in all the time you’ve been on here. You’re relentlessly negative. I quite like your consistency in a weird way.

Sandman’s a grade a anti mourinho dick - has no proportion whatsoever and only pops up when we’re struggling so it maybe a bit unfair to group the two of you together because you don’t do that do you.

I think you’ll find I do try and find the positive quite a bit of the time. But yeah, lukaku had a mare today and should have been subbed imo, we couldn’t pass it 1st half, our corners are usually quite shit but we stepped up 2nd half and won.

I don’t think we’re title contenders based on what I’ve seen over the last couple of weeks and the football’s a lot worse than I think it should be. I don’t put as much of that at the managers door as you do and we’ll see what happens when our midfield gets back on track.

Progress.
Better than last year but still some glaring deficiencies - most noticeably on the creative end. On the right track though.