United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-09-2018, 11:16 PM
windy waffles

I was never a massive fan but never have thought he would be this bad.

£500k p/w. Four year contract.

Unread 22-09-2018, 11:28 PM
Buck

Swap him for Mkhitaryan in January

Unread 22-09-2018, 11:41 PM
aunty sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by u wot mate
He won't.
Quote:
Living off the back of Ozil's greatness.
Quote:
:Ozil Lifts World Cup Gif:

Unread 23-09-2018, 01:45 AM
AntiZionist

chilean rooney fraud

Unread 23-09-2018, 08:00 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Swap him for Mkhitaryan in January

Unread 23-09-2018, 08:10 AM
Lok

As with most of our players, he seems to have forgotten what he's good at.

Needs to go back to pressing defenders intensely when they're in possession and keeping his game snappy.

He gets the ball wide and slows the game down. At Arsenal he seemed to have the ability to get the ball to the edge of the box more centrally. From there he'd even shoot or link up with the striker. He's far too wide and just holds the ball up until Shaw overlaps. Any player can do that. He's supposed to be our dynamic superstar ffs.

He doesn't improve us in any way shape or form. For £400k a week you have to expect a lot more. You can only spend that sort of money on 1 or 2 players.

Unread 23-09-2018, 08:50 AM
Lok

Somewhere between £350k and £600b depending on which article you read.

According to the leak a few months ago he gets £391k a week basic, £75k match appearance plus extras for goals, trophies etc... plus £1.1m per year as his signing on fee.

He's comfortably the highest paid player in the league. Obviously a lot of that is because we didn't pay the £100m a player of his stature would have commanded but it's still £#%&!ing crazy money.

Unread 23-09-2018, 08:59 AM
Bunker Buster

That's £#%&!ing ridiculous, I just ignored it before but for that money.......

Jesus, he's not even the best in our squad ...

Wouldn't put him in the top 20 in the league...

Unread 23-09-2018, 09:17 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Would rather we took Lukaku off and played Sanchez up front like he did pre season. At least would've presented a different problem for Wolves - £#%&!ING WOLVES - and the lunk Fellaini could've provided the height.

Maybe I should be managing...
This

Alexis was the best of a very shit front 3 yesterday. Lukaku put in one of the worst performances I have seen from a striker at Utd. He was a £#%&!ing disgrace .
Put Alexis in that City, Liverpool or even Wolves team & he would look a different player. He chose the wrong club

Unread 23-09-2018, 09:21 AM
Lok

Of course he chose the wrong club. He either thought he would turn us around and become a superstar or he wanted the money. Either way it was the wrong sporting choice.

He probably would be better more central and he might do better than Lukaku. But there's no excuse for how poor he has been. He looks like he's trying (the minimum to be expected!) but almost everything he tries doesn't come off.

Unread 23-09-2018, 10:27 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Of course he chose the wrong club. He either thought he would turn us around and become a superstar or he wanted the money. Either way it was the wrong sporting choice.

He probably would be better more central and he might do better than Lukaku. But there's no excuse for how poor he has been. He looks like he's trying (the minimum to be expected!) but almost everything he tries doesn't come off.
How much of that is down to him & how much is down to the players around him or the style of play I’m not sure. Unlike a lot of the players supposedly spoiled by Mourinho Alexis has performed consistently at the highest level
I don’t think he should have been dragged yesterday. Lukaku & Jesse offered far less.

Unread 23-09-2018, 10:32 AM
Child of Darkness

hes been poor since he arrived

mistake buying him

Unread 23-09-2018, 10:36 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
hes been poor since he arrived

mistake buying him
Why has he been poor ? At what point do we start looking at the reasons quality footballers look shit when they play for us under Mourinho.
Watched Alexis destroy us & several other teams on a regular basis for Arsenal & for Chile. Don’t think his age is the problem

Unread 23-09-2018, 10:37 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
As with most of our players, he seems to have forgotten what he's good at.

Needs to go back to pressing defenders intensely when they're in possession and keeping his game snappy.

He gets the ball wide and slows the game down. At Arsenal he seemed to have the ability to get the ball to the edge of the box more centrally. From there he'd even shoot or link up with the striker. He's far too wide and just holds the ball up until Shaw overlaps. Any player can do that. He's supposed to be our dynamic superstar ffs.

He doesn't improve us in any way shape or form. For £400k a week you have to expect a lot more. You can only spend that sort of money on 1 or 2 players.
He's either being coached to play in a certain way, and can't adapt, or he's gone £#%&!ing shit.

We should definitely be fighting some sort of reverse Bosman in the European Court of Human Rights to free ourselves of this illegal contract.

Unread 23-09-2018, 10:38 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Why has he been poor ? At what point do we start looking at the reasons quality footballers look shit when they play for us under Mourinho.
Watched Alexis destroy us & several other teams on a regular basis for Arsenal & for Chile. Don’t think his age is the problem
i dunno tbh

martial offers more imho - pace - beat a man goals - went off the ball as soon as he arrived

Unread 23-09-2018, 12:04 PM
Mr_Ed

Why not try sticking the useless @#%&! out on the right and Martial on the left? Got to be worth a try..?

I’m so underwhelmed with the @#%&! that I’m not even angry

Unread 23-09-2018, 12:11 PM
andyroo

To be fair he's not an auxiliary left back

Unread 23-09-2018, 01:13 PM
Buck

Alexis is going to be amazing next season

In China

Unread 23-09-2018, 01:14 PM
waynes ear's

Was buzzing he signed. Throw him in the bin

Unread 23-09-2018, 02:16 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Arguably worth the punt in the first place. I personally don't think it was though. Couldn't stand the little #@&%! before he signed and never was jealous that arsenal had him.

But whatever about that, he's clearly been a shit signing. And he's going to get worse imo.
Closed Thread