Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-03-2018, 02:55 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Needs to do more.

Jury still out.
Produces in big games more often than not though, never a bad thing.

Unread 10-03-2018, 08:18 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Needs to do more.

Jury still out.
Save it for when he's shit.

I'm sure you'll be right there when he is.

Unread 10-03-2018, 08:31 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Needs to do more.

Jury still out.
Bad wum.

Unread 10-03-2018, 10:21 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Bad wum.
Sparky's hatred of black Mancunian's is shameful.

Unread 10-03-2018, 10:28 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Sparky's hatred of black Mancunian's is shameful.
Not only Mancunian, but from the nice bit

Unread 10-03-2018, 10:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
You spelt worst wrong.

Unread 10-03-2018, 10:38 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Withington-born reds

Unread 10-03-2018, 10:39 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Withington-born reds
...then moved up in the world

Unread 10-03-2018, 10:40 PM
Zorg

Quote:
...then moved up in the world

Unread 18-04-2018, 08:38 PM
AK14

Thumbs up

Looked so dangerous tonight

He’s growing and improving so much.

Unread 18-04-2018, 08:42 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Looked so dangerous tonight

He’s growing and improving so much.
Goal record says it all. Five league goals last season. With a few matches yet to play, already six this season

Unread 02-07-2018, 06:34 AM
AK14

Obviously trusts Jose to get the best out of him.

Unread 02-07-2018, 06:41 AM
TheFatGoth

Worst World Cup wonder kid since Walcott

Unread 02-07-2018, 09:11 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatgoth
worst world cup wonder kid since walcott
wum

Unread 02-07-2018, 11:18 AM
Sparky***

Rashford on not starting regularly for MUFC.

"I'm 20 and not good enough yet to start regularly".

The end.

Unread 02-07-2018, 11:41 AM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
wum
You spelt @#%&! wrong.

Unread 02-07-2018, 11:45 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Rashford on not starting regularly for MUFC.

"I'm 20 and not good enough yet to start regularly".

The end.
People forget Scholes wasn't a regular until 23/24.

Same for Beckham.

Rashford is developing well - the days where he needed to get sent to Barnsley where people lob balls at him and gets battered about the box by big hairy men to make him harder are gone.

Unread 02-07-2018, 11:57 AM
MagnificentSeven

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

seems a good lad. patient with the manager and doesn't sulk (unlike certain other players.)

if, IF, jose uses him correctly he will be a great player. there is a huge weight of expectation on his shoulders because of the start to his united career, but that start wouldn't have happened if he didn't have some talent.

Unread 02-07-2018, 12:25 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
People forget Scholes wasn't a regular until 23/24.

Same for Beckham.

Rashford is developing well - the days where he needed to get sent to Barnsley where people lob balls at him and gets battered about the box by big hairy men to make him harder are gone.
If this were the late 90s or even early 2000s then Rashford wouldn't have been heard of until he at least hit 21 at least and would still be developing in the reserves or on loan, instead of learning on the job in front of millions of people with all the added pressure that brings. If people are being totally honest and ignoring their own individual biases then we really should acknowledge that his vastly over-accelerated promotion to first team regular was only brought about by sheer chance because of an injury and a manager that had left the first team squad utterly thread bare.

The fact is now people truly nailed their colours to the mast where Rashford is concerned and bigged him up as a potential worldie from the age of 18. Since he is so far failing to live up to the ridiculous amount of expectation then fingers are being pointed at everything else to excuse it. It's the manager's fault, or he's not being played in the right position, or the players around him aren't doing enough. All this rather than just say "you know what I may have been a bit premature in my judgement of this lad, he might not be the world class talent I thought he'd be". Of course there's no shame in that, but then as everyone knows on the internet you have to hold the same opinion forever and changing your mind is tantamount to some sort of heresy.

The same thing applies to Martial. Not so much in regards to being fast tracked too soon but in that people were firmly in the "he's going to be a world beater" camp and that's that. If he doesn't then again, see above.

Unread 02-07-2018, 12:30 PM
Sapien

Quote:
If this were the late 90s or even early 2000s then Rashford wouldn't have been heard of until he at least hit 21 at least and would still be developing in the reserves or on loan, instead of learning on the job in front of millions of people with all the added pressure that brings. If people are being totally honest and ignoring their own individual biases then we really should acknowledge that his vastly over-accelerated promotion to first team regular was only brought about by sheer chance because of an injury and a manager that had left the first team squad utterly thread bare.

The fact is now people truly nailed their colours to the mast where Rashford is concerned and bigged him up as a potential worldie from the age of 18. Since he is so far failing to live up to the ridiculous amount of expectation then fingers are being pointed at everything else to excuse it. It's the manager's fault, or he's not being played in the right position, or the players around him aren't doing enough. All this rather than just say "you know what I may have been a bit premature in my judgement of this lad, he might not be the world class talent I thought he'd be". Of course there's no shame in that, but then as everyone knows on the internet you have to hold the same opinion forever and changing your mind is tantamount to some sort of heresy.

The same thing applies to Martial. Not so much in regards to being fast tracked too soon but in that people were firmly in the "he's going to be a world beater" camp and that's that. If he doesn't then again, see above.
When did Sparky reinvent himself as the voice of reason?
Closed Thread