United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-01-2007, 12:56 PM
armchair

Default My favourite sight in football

is the laugh Scholes has after he scores a goal.

what's yours?

Unread 26-01-2007, 12:57 PM
koppas

When Vidic gets clobbered, rolls on the floor for a few minutes before briskly rubbing my head and laughing.

Unread 26-01-2007, 12:58 PM
no fun

colin bells leg facing the wrong way

Unread 26-01-2007, 12:58 PM
les vagas

scousers with there heads in there hands with a few crying for good measure

Unread 26-01-2007, 12:59 PM
violater

saf coughing with his tongue outside his mouth.

impossible task for a normal man..

scholes laugh is my fav though

Unread 26-01-2007, 12:59 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
colin bells leg facing the wrong way
I was going to say something alike about Shearer.

Unread 26-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Smeggs

Any Cantona goal celebration.

faves.

Dippers 96 cup final

Pen v dippers in comeback game 2-2, also, that thing he does with his face while looking upward.

The arrogant chip one v sunderland.

Unread 26-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

SAF slightly rising out of his chair, arms half raised, then stumbles a bit apprehensively before jumping up like a fish out of water.

GOAL!

Unread 26-01-2007, 01:06 PM
jem

Default there is no better sight in football

than giggs running through the middle with the ball and beating three of four men. it's like watching water run down a pane of glass. sadly, we only catch the occasional glimpse now, but it's enough to warm the chest.

on the other hand, if you want goal-scoring faces..... o'shea against arsenal will never be beaten. sublime.

Unread 26-01-2007, 01:10 PM
jem

Default p.s.

and neville g holding up the european cup to come.

Unread 26-01-2007, 01:13 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
SAF slightly rising out of his chair, arms half raised, then stumbles a bit apprehensively before jumping up like a fish out of water.

GOAL!
you missed somebody out?

Unread 26-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Crumps

David May in the Nou Camp. When he sushed everyone

Unread 26-01-2007, 01:17 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™
you missed somebody out?
What are you talking about willis?

Unread 26-01-2007, 01:21 PM
Jack Duckworth

fergie celebrating a goal always raises a smile from me.

you would have thought that after all the goals united have scored under him, he might have perfected the art of the celebration, but no. he still looks like somebodys daft uncle dancing at a wedding.

for some unknown reason, i always think it's hilarious when i hear a player or a manager swearing during a game on the tv. likewise, i find it funny when the camera pans round on to the fans and somebody's flicking their v's (not cash) or doing the "£#%&!er" sign at opposition players/fans. in ordinary circumstances, they are not funny. but at the football, even mundane swear words have me giggling like a schoolgirl.

Unread 26-01-2007, 01:49 PM
MrBishi

I love a bit of footballing schadenfreude.

The protests of Wenger when one of his players is signalled to get up by a ref because they went down without being touched; city going down in '98, that fat Leeds kids crying on the telly with "we love you Leeds" or whatever on his chest; and so on.

Otherwise, just standing still for a moment after we've scored at away games and watching everyone go menkul.

Unread 26-01-2007, 01:59 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
favourite sight in football
henry's interview after the final last year

and the expression on the face of any of a long line of crap england penalty takers during shoot-outs (waddle, platt and pearce especially)

Unread 26-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Argentina

When Im watching a game with my dad on TV. He deplores swearing and when it focuses on a player and you can lip read him saying something like '£#%&!ing #@&%! Head'. Me and one of my brothers or sister always look at each other and giggle

Unread 26-01-2007, 02:12 PM
S/Side.Red

Moment of this year: When Scholes said "You fookin' poof" to Benfica's Petit after yet another ridiculous dive when we played them in Portugal.

Unread 26-01-2007, 02:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
henry's interview after the final last year

and the expression on the face of any of a long line of crap england penalty takers during shoot-outs (waddle, platt and pearce especially)
Is that when he said that Eto'o didn't show up for the big match, even though he scored the game's crucial goal.

It was incredibly bitter. Superb. Michael Robinson wrote a good article on that.

Unread 26-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Ether

I don't think I've ever seen anything funnier than Rooney taking the piss out of Pires' little beard at Highbury a few years back.
Closed Thread