United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Brother Mouzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Berbatov scored 9 league goals, Tevez scored 5.

And Berbatov had many more assists than Tevez.

So just how did Tevez contribute more? I suppose Berbatov scoring a winning goal away at Bolton was less important than Tevez scoring a winning goal at Stoke
The original topic of conversation was not Tevez it was just Birtles II, whether Tevez stayed or not Birtles is still shit and not united quality.

Birtles scored all his goals against mediocre opposition, didnt score any goals in the champions league knock out and only scored 1 goal in the last 3 months of the season.

If you are honest with yourself if he played for liverpool and had that season you would be laughing your %@#$&!s off at what a flop he was.

Unread 24-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Brother Mouzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
His 'running about' is second to none.
Wayne Rooney has 5 times the ability that Birtles does yet does 10 times the running Birtles does, so your point is gash.

Unread 24-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Mouzone
if he played for liverpool
in your £#%&!ing dreams you vermin @#%&!

Unread 24-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Brother Mouzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
in your £#%&!ing dreams you vermin @#%&!
already established im not scouse keyboard warrior

although if im entirely honest I would love it if they had signed Berbatov, id sell him tomorrow for £10m

Unread 24-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Zorg

Quote:

although if im entirely honest I would love it if they had signed Berbatov, id sell him tomorrow for £10m
You mean Birtles. Please call him Birtles, it's so funny. Please.

Unread 24-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Grimson

Quote:

Birtles scored all his goals against mediocre opposition
Results against those teams are what won us the league. In fact they are the results that often win the league. Liverpool's results against the top teams was better than ours. Yet we won the league. You getting this?

Unread 25-06-2009, 01:28 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
already established im not scouse keyboard warrior

repeated use of the phrase keyboard warrior; nice - keep it simple eh la

Unread 25-06-2009, 07:00 AM
wiganste

I wonder if Berbatov is a tout?

Unread 25-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
But Berbatov was better than Tevez last season and yet these divs (not you) still see Tevez as 'world class' etc.

Defies belief.
I agree that Tevez was not hugely impressive last season, and would not be worth what was demanded.

I wasn't hugely impressed by Berbatov either though.

He seems to have been a strange buy, in light of how we used him. We paid an enormous sum for a guy who's not young and broke up & shifted the balance of the attack that had bought us a league and european cup double. I thought that when we bought him the intention was to play him with the other three. When we did we had very successful results for the most part. I wish we had played them all together from the start in the final and gone for it.

Unread 25-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Tumescent Throb

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
I agree that Tevez was not hugely impressive last season, and would not be worth what was demanded.

I wasn't hugely impressed by Berbatov either though.

He seems to have been a strange buy, in light of how we used him. We paid an enormous sum for a guy who's not young and broke up & shifted the balance of the attack that had bought us a league and european cup double. I thought that when we bought him the intention was to play him with the other three. When we did we had very successful results for the most part. I wish we had played them all together from the start in the final and gone for it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

fwiw I think berbatov was superb when he first came into the team but then had a big getting to know you spell with Ronaldo's return. He then became a key player from xmas onwards right up until he got injured at home to Inter. when he came back he took a load of kicks for the team and still stood tall, but he lost a lot of confidence - sub v Vermin, injured again at Fulham, fluffed pen at Wembley, odd man out in a version of 4-3-3 and probably in his ankle as well.

what I think most of all is that if Berbatov wasn't carrying a knock then Ferguson must have really wanted Tevez to stay otherwise he would not have picked him against Arsenal or as first sub in Rome. a big £#%&! up imo.
Closed Thread