United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-06-2009, 05:31 PM
eddie_red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
As someone who backed him i'm a bit upset that he is offering more thanks to the @#%&!s who slated him after the world cup
Don't know where Sparky got the title from but he actually said

Quote:
While opposition fans' hate made me stronger, the love of the United support also made me stronger.

Unread 21-06-2009, 05:59 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Ronaldo's comments in the sunday rags today. I haven't seen these posted yet, so titanic me if you wish.

Of course, I have not gone for the money. It is a new challenge and a great honour to play for Madrid Manchester United is one of the biggest clubs in the world and they pay top wages, so it is nothing to do with money.

"The white shirt is a great honour and one I am looking forward to. It is, I think, every boy's dream to play for Real. I grew up watching them play with Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo and all the other greats and there is something about that white shirt that just attracts you. It was a great dream and, fortunately, one that is coming true."

He said: "When I won World Player of the Year, it was amazing. For a lot of people, that would be their peak. But I promise that is not my peak. I will get better than that.

"I believe I am going to improve because I am just 24. If I didn't want to improve at 24, that would be a loser's mentality.

"To go down as a Real Madrid great is very hard because they have had so many exceptional players. That has to be my aim, though. To go down as the greatest. It will take lots of work but that is my target.

"If you go down as the greatest at Madrid it means you are one of the greatest of all time."

United followers might argue that if you go down as the greatest at Old Trafford, you are one of the greatest of all time.

And his gushing praise for one of Sir Alex Ferguson's bitterest rivals is hardly likely soothe the ill-feeling sparked by his world record defection.

But Ronaldo believes he will always have a special bond with United supporters.

He said: "I really could not have asked for any more from them. There were times when the whole of England was against me but they stood strong in their support and belief for me.

"While opposition fans' hate made me stronger, the love of the United support also made me stronger.

"I just want to say thank you for all their support. I will never forget them and I hope I have given them memories that will always be with them."

"After we won the European Cup I thought there is no more I can achieve here. And when you have done all you can, you know it is time for a new challenge. I stayed one more season and it was nice to make it three titles in a row but it was my dream to play for Madrid."

Anything that has not been right with the move is my fault and nothing to do with Real Madrid or Manchester United. I opened my mouth and that is what caused the problems between the two clubs who both acted in the correct way. Yes, I would have handled things differently and not been so public."

Ronaldo has never spoken of the wink that enraged a nation. Until now. And while he stops short of an apology, Ronaldo finally accepts that his behaviour during that World Cup quarter-final three years ago was unacceptable.

He says: "Sometimes you do things because emotions are running high but Wayne is my good friend. I can't regret it because I think the whole experience made me stronger. But looking back it was not the right thing to do and not something I would do any more."

"I have done a lot of growing up since then. And when I came back from the World Cup I made the journey from a boy to a man. Coming back from the World Cup in 2006 was very hard but ultimately it was a good thing.

"The boss said the experience could make me stronger if I handled it in the right way. And the outcome of that prediction goes to show why you don't question Sir Alex Ferguson."

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/spor...-year-ago.html
if you are going just £#%&!ing go.
we've already moved on.
he's just one of a long line of very good players.
shut the £#%&! up.

Unread 22-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Sloppy

Ronaldo quotes denied

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...395727,00.html

Unread 22-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
"Given the insistent manner in which the quotes allegedly belonging to Cristiano Ronaldo have been made public, especially in the British media, Gestifute reiterates what we had recently announced: Cristiano Ronaldo has been in silence since he has been on holiday and all the statements are totally false and abusive.

"The best player in the world - who is now resting in the company of his family - has not given, to date, any interview, nor will he in the following days.

"Any quotes linked to him lack veracity and authenticity, so they should not be taken too seriously."
yeah riight

Unread 22-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
i'd love to know who the £#%&!ing the news of the world were talking to then when they got that article.

some bloke in a number 7 shirt outside the megastore.

Unread 22-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
i'd love to know who the £#%&!ing the news of the world were talking to then when they got that article.

some bloke in a number 7 shirt outside the megastore.
A rich Arab businessman.

Unread 22-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Tumescent Throb

a market researcher

Unread 22-06-2009, 03:03 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
If this is true then the News Of The World shold be made to publicly apologise and gracefully bow out of the written press medium.

Unread 23-06-2009, 11:42 AM
koppas

Why was his medical not live on Real Madrid TV - isn't this the usual when signing a galatico? Seem to remember Beckham's and Fat Ronaldo's having their medicals in front of the press.
Closed Thread